🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.
Wonder what ever happened to
impeding the free exercise of religion?
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.

I thought the article said this took place after the game?

Whose 'dime' was he on?

He said the prayers on state owned school property. He was paid to be there by taxpayers of Washington state.

It was on our dime and on our property.

He was paid to be there by taxpayers of Washington state.

He was paid to be there AFTER the function was over?

anyone with a brain would consider him
off the clock.

Staff lead prayers are an attempt by staff to convert nonbelieving students. That is a state employee pushing Christianity during the execution of his duties. In the schools in particular that is not allowed.

He was forcing students to participate?
Nope. But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly. I can picture him saying to his pastor "at my games we pray. I am bringing kids to Jesus. Imagine Johnnie the atheist. He sees all his friends bowing their heads. He wonders what's this all about? He asks his friends. He asks me, provately, about my faith. I've saved kids from Hell!"

But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly

Proof of that, or just your biased opinion?
Opinion. And my opinion is the truth far more often than not. On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

another biased opinion
Nope. God's truth.

[
Wonder what ever happened to
impeding the free exercise of religion?

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

He's still on school grounds in the capacity of a teacher.

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.[/QUOTE]

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?

Hope he wins his suit.
Atheist coach forces team to huddle after each game and contemplate how the very idea of a god, satan, devils, angels, ghosts and spirits is absolutely absurd.

Why not? Many of you theists suggest that atheism is just another belief system.

OR, Muslim coach benches any player if they don't pray 7 times a day.

You hope the taliban take over America? Now you see why ISIS is doing so well in the middle east. No one wants to offend god.

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!
Do you think Americans should be required to practice a religion, then?

No asswipe, they have the FREEDOM to participate or to sit on the sideline! You atheist scum, are a big part in what is the matter with America... Hopefully things will change, and that from an AGNOSTIC that will stand side by side with his friends of faith!

• Navy chaplain gets job back after being fired over Christian beliefs on sexuality
    LifeSiteNews ^
    WASHINGTON, D.C., October 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Navy chaplain who got his job back in September says he's glad to be cleared of charges -- but that dark days are ahead for Christians. “The days of going to Church on Sunday and going throughout the week and not ever having anyone talk to you, I think, [are] gone,” Lieutenant Commander Wesley Modder told The Daily Signal. “We live in a very secular society, very postmodern. And people want to know what you believe. Even at the risk of being maybe attacked.” Modder's case became a cause célèbre for social...

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!
Fine by me. And there is freedom from the state establishment of religion, which is what he is engaging in.

He's establishing a religion?

:confused-84:

Fine by me. And there is freedom from the state establishment of religion, which is what he is engaging in.

What religion was being promoted? Catholic, protestant, Jewish, muslim, etc.? You're still an ass with a low 2 digit IQ!

:cuckoo::cuckoo:
He was forcing students to participate?
Nope. But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly. I can picture him saying to his pastor "at my games we pray. I am bringing kids to Jesus. Imagine Johnnie the atheist. He sees all his friends bowing their heads. He wonders what's this all about? He asks his friends. He asks me, provately, about my faith. I've saved kids from Hell!"

But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly

Proof of that, or just your biased opinion?
Opinion. And my opinion is the truth far more often than not. On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

another biased opinion
Nope. God's truth.

God told you that was true?

Hope he wins his suit.
Atheist coach forces team to huddle after each game and contemplate how the very idea of a god, satan, devils, angels, ghosts and spirits is absolutely absurd.

Why not? Many of you theists suggest that atheism is just another belief system.

You hope the taliban take over America? Now you see why ISIS is doing so well in the middle east. No one wants to offend god.

As long as player can OPT OUT, do it! You scumbags only want YOUR TALIBAN TERRORISM to deal with everything!

[

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?[/QUOTE]
You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It wasn't a big deal to you because you believe. It wasn't a big deal to me back then because back then I believed. It would be today. It would make me feel uncomfortable today.

I wish I were a kindergarten teacher. I would teach all the kids there was no god and have them go tell their parents that's what I'm teaching them.

If you don't get it, then you are not being impartial.

Hope he wins his suit.

As long as player can OPT OUT, do it! You scumbags only want YOUR TALIBAN TERRORISM to deal with everything!
Just as long as the Mormon coach can force their kids to pray to Joseph Smith and the Muslim coach can teach about Mohammad and I can teach about SATAN! LOL.

[

Whose 'dime' was he on?

Really?

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.[/QUOTE]

Courst';s WRONG as they can NOT name a RELIGION being promoted, and neither can any of you other scumbags.... believing in GOD is NOT a religion!

Hope he wins his suit.

You hope the taliban take over America?

:bang3:

No asswipe, they have the FREEDOM to participate or to sit on the sideline! You atheist scum, are a big part in what is the matter with America... Hopefully things will change, and that from an AGNOSTIC that will stand side by side with his friends of faith!

• Navy chaplain gets job back after being fired over Christian beliefs on sexuality
    LifeSiteNews ^
    WASHINGTON, D.C., October 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Navy chaplain who got his job back in September says he's glad to be cleared of charges -- but that dark days are ahead for Christians. “The days of going to Church on Sunday and going throughout the week and not ever having anyone talk to you, I think, [are] gone,” Lieutenant Commander Wesley Modder told The Daily Signal. “We live in a very secular society, very postmodern. And people want to know what you believe. Even at the risk of being maybe attacked.” Modder's case became a cause célèbre for social...
What business does a public school employee have separating believers from non-believers?

What do you intend to do about the atheistic menace? Ban atheism? Concentration camps? Death camps?

Hope he wins his suit.

Just as long as the Mormon coach can force their kids to pray to Joseph Smith and the Muslim coach can teach about Mohammad and I can teach about SATAN! LOL.

Apparently the shit you have for brains prevented you from understanding any student can OPT OUT of anything he thinks is religious if he wants!... Now peddle your shit elsewhere!

LifeSiteNews ^
What business does a public school employee have separating believers from non-believers?

What do you intend to do about the atheistic menace? Ban atheism? Concentration camps? Death camps?

He doesn't asswipe, as I explained, it's up to the student! Are you REALLY this stupid, or putting on an act for your scumbag leftist friends?

All those last things sound good to me, BUT fortunately for you, I'm NOT a GOD as you scumbags want to be!

[

Whose 'dime' was he on?

Really?

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.[/QUOTE]

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part.

Nope, haven't forgot it at all.

But I dont'; see where the coach is 'establishing' a religion.

He's merely taking advantage of his freedom of religion

[

Really?

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.

Courst';s WRONG as they can NOT name a RELIGION being promoted, and neither can any of you other scumbags.... believing in GOD is NOT a religion![/QUOTE]
Everybody getting together and praying a right wing fundamentalist prayer to the Christian God as led by the coach is that coach establishing the Christian religion, and on particular the right wing fundamentalist version of it. As an Episcopalian I have felt quite uncomfortable in right wing fundamentalist prayers.

Hope he wins his suit.

You want to make the handful of students that don't believe in Jesus or any god feel uncomfortable? I was ok back in the day when 99% of us were Christians but that's not the case anymore.

Look at how differently you theists treat us atheists. I don't think its fair to figure out which students share your delusion and which don't and the possibly not play the ones that don't believe in your god.

If you guys didn't feel this way about atheists, maybe I would think differently but this is a fact.

Americans Would Rather Vote For A Philandering, Pot-Smoking President Than An Atheist One

So don't act like its no big deal that you know which kids are atheists. Don't act like you won't punish them in some way. So keep your fake ass made up god out of school. School is for educating people. God is a fucking fairytale. If you want to pray to it, do it in your head. Leave the children alone.

Forum List

Back