For Our EV Loving Cultists

Is that why gas went to over $4.00 under Bush?
You know better. You told us. If the government was mickee dees we would be paying fifty bucks for a one-day old hamburger. Nobody could not hear the endless vile crap from 2016 to 2020. You know so much better.

You know better. You told us. If the government was mickee dees we would be paying fifty bucks for a one-day old hamburger. Nobody could not hear the endless vile crap from 2016 to 2020. You know so much better.

Mac makes no sense repeating the same crap over and over again he knows isn't true. You make no sense because one can not make sense out of what you say.

Educate yourself before making ignorant claims.
If you’re implying Bush I, that had to do with Desert Storm.

So are you trying to blame the increase in gas prices on Putin’s invasion - he went beyond the minor incursion Biden OK’d - and hoping Americans are so stupid they won’t remember that Biden already had the gas prices up by 50% from a year ago?

Leftists count in people being stupid. Even the architect of Obamacrap said he got it through due to the idiocy of the zamerican voter. (It also explains, in part, why Biden sort of won the election.)

Exactly. I have owned a total of three previous cars, excluding the current one I recently bought, since I graduated from college more than 40 years ago. That‘s an average of 13 years per car, and keeping one’s car for many years once it’s paid off is the smartest way to go.
Yep, but people wanting new cars they really can’t afford is one of the reasons we have so many people living pay check to pay check, despite some of them having decent incomes. Personally, I don’t buy a car that I don’t have the cash to pay for. I may decide to invest the cash if I can get 0% interest on the car loan, but I don’t use the money I invested to make the payment. My investment grows(hopefully) and when the car is paid off I have even more money to buy another one if I choose to do so, following the same pattern. If the sky fell and I couldn’t make the payment, I could always tap into the car investment fund. This is how I justify spending a lot of money on a depreciable asset. You don’t build wealth buying new cars(with few exceptions), that is for certain.

All this being said, I don’t feel the need to keep up with the Jones’. I drive an old luxury SUV that I bought new many, many years ago. It is still comfortable, has every feature I need and most importantly, is very reliable. An EV is a neat idea, but even though my SUV is not particularly good on gas, it would take me quite some time to recoup the cost of a new EV, especially one that is comparable in size and features.

If you’re implying Bush I, that had to do with Desert Storm.

So are you trying to blame the increase in gas prices on Putin’s invasion -

No I'm not. I'm blaming it on irrational markets that see an opportunity to exploit an issue.

he went beyond the minor incursion Biden OK’d - and hoping Americans are so stupid they won’t remember that Biden already had the gas prices up by 50% from a year ago?

Leftists count in people being stupid. Even the architect of Obamacrap said he got it through due to the idiocy of the zamerican voter. (It also explains, in part, why Biden sort of won the election.)

But it gets really old trying to discuss things with people like yourself that intentionally post dishonestly.

Yep, but people wanting new cars they really can’t afford is one of the reasons we have so many people living pay check to pay check, despite some of them having decent incomes. Personally, I don’t buy a car that I don’t have the cash to pay for. I may decide to invest the cash if I can get 0% interest on the car loan, but I don’t use the money I invested to make the payment. My investment grows(hopefully) and when the car is paid off I have even more money to buy another one if I choose to do so, following the same pattern. If the sky fell and I couldn’t make the payment, I could always tap into the car investment fund. This is how I justify spending a lot of money on a depreciable asset. You don’t build wealth buying new cars(with few exceptions), that is for certain.

All this being said, I don’t feel the need to keep up with the Jones’. I drive an old luxury SUV that I bought new many, many years ago. It is still comfortable, has every feature I need and most importantly, is very reliable. An EV is a neat idea, but even though my SUV is not particularly good on gas, it would take me quite some time to recoup the cost of a new EV, especially one that is comparable in size and features.
People WANTING (and buying) all sorts of stuff they can’t afford explains why people are living paycheck to paycheck. I know someone with four kids, who is having a hard time making ends meet, and yet bought an IPad for each of them - including the six- and seven-year-olds.

No I'm not. I'm blaming it on irrational markets that see an opportunity to exploit an issue.

But it gets really old trying to discuss things with people like yourself that intentionally post dishonestly.
It gets old trying to discuss this with people like yourself who make unfounded accusations. Typical leftist.

People WANTING (and buying) all sorts of stuff they can’t afford explains why people are living paycheck to paycheck. I know someone with four kids, who is having a hard time making ends meet, and yet bought an IPad for each of them - including the six- and seven-year-olds.

As a country we are $30 trillion in debt because we insist on buying things we can not afford.

It gets old trying to discuss this with people like yourself who make unfounded accusations. Typical leftist.

You claim they are unfounded but yet refuse to address the questions I ask you as you know they support my position.

As a country we are $30 trillion in debt because we insist on buying things we can not afford.
For,the first time, we agree. And “buying things” includes government handouts to people so they don’t feel as compelled to work - particularly the spouse working part-time.

You claim they are unfounded but yet refuse to address the questions I ask you as you know they support my position.
No, I asked you to explain your position. You refused and told me to research it myself.

For,the first time, we agree. And “buying things” includes government handouts to people so they don’t feel as compelled to work - particularly the spouse working part-time.

Sadly far too many are hypocritical on the call out of handouts.

Unfortunately, it is not lack of pay or opportunity that has created much of the wealth gap we hear so much about. Financial irresponsibility is the main reason why many of the poor remain poor in the US. It is these people that beg the government for more freebees and vote accordingly. When there are more of these folks(Democrats) than the responsible ones, we are finished.

We make distinctions between handouts that are 1) earned or will help people rise from poverty (Medicare, SS, Pell Grants) and 2) straight handouts (thousands in cash for each kid as you can push out so you won’t have to get a job).

Unfortunately, it is not lack of pay or opportunity that has created much of the wealth gap we hear so much about. Financial irresponsibility is the main reason why many of the poor remain poor in the US. It is these people that beg the government for more freebees and vote accordingly. When there are more of these folks(Democrats) than the responsible ones, we are finished.
Agree. There is absolutely no excuse for a poor person to remain poor. At the minimum, he can get Pell Grants to attend a two-year vocational program at a CC and earn at least a lower-middle class wage.

And there are ways to move beyond that as well. Get a job at a university where you’d like to earn an UG or even a grad degree, and your tuition is paid.

All is takes is discipline, motivation, the willingness to delay gratification, and a modicum of intelligence.

Yep, it's the cart theory.

The people in the village make this huge cart. They can run down the streets effortlessly with it because it's empty so many people are carrying the weight. After a while some people can no longer pull the cart, and ride inside the cart instead. As more and more people get sick of pulling the cart, the cart stops because there are more people in the cart than pulling it.

Democrats really hate that comparison when you tell them about it.

Agree. There is absolutely no excuse for a poor person to remain poor. At the minimum, he can get Pell Grants to attend a two-year vocational program at a CC and earn at least a lower-middle class wage.

And there are ways to move beyond that as well. Get a job at a university where you’d like to earn an UG or even a grad degree, and your tuition is paid.

All is takes is discipline, motivation, the willingness to delay gratification, and a modicum of intelligence.

Because universities hire millions and millions of people.

An Ev makes a lot of sense for a daily driver.

Most people drive less than 50 miles a day back and forth to work so there is no need for any other place to charge your car but at home.

Denying that fact is no different from insisting the world is flat

Not really. EV's are extremely toxic to the environment.

Forum List

Back