For Our EV Loving Cultists

Because universities hire millions and millions of people.
It’s an answer for some people who want to rise from poverty to affluence.

But every poor person can get a Pell Grant and at least get a 2-year degree and a way to earn a lower-middle class wage. (Problem is, the poor people are so entitled that they don’t want to fill out the form. They just want it “free.”

But where is it said that American taxpayers must pay for the full college education of every mediocre, average person in the country? Why is the liberal solution to everything to just GIVE stuff to people?

While it's easy to say that EV's are out of reach for "most people," one cannot forget that the average price for a new car today is in the neighborhood of $35k. When considering the tax credit and the projected fuel savings, if one can afford a $35k ICE car, then a $45k EV is not out of the question, if you have a place to keep it and charge it at home, which most people do.

No one is talking about this, but the majority of private-use vehicles sold in the U.S. for the past decade or more have been vehicles that, to be honest, get lousy gas mileage. All the SUV's and modest-sized pickups - bullshit aside - get 18-20 mpg in normal use. If you drive a bit, the extra $2/gal can be quite painful. Based on 12,000 miles per year, the difference between $3.00 and $5.00 for a 20mpg vehicle is a hundred bucks a month - about a third of your cable bill, come to think of it. Maybe it's not that big a deal.

We see commercials in the US propagandizing how wonderful electric cars BUT in reality they're extremely dangerous while extracting the lithium ores is very toxic and dangerous for the environment.

It’s an answer for some people who want to rise from poverty to affluence.

Some people. We need jobs that pay people enough to live on for millions and millions. Just because a few can do that does nothing for the millions and millions of others that can not.

But every poor person can get a Pell Grant and at least get a 2-year degree and a way to earn a lower-middle class wage. (Problem is, the poor people are so entitled that they don’t want to fill out the form. They just want it “free.”

But where is it said that American taxpayers must pay for the full college education of every mediocre, average person in the country? Why is the liberal solution to everything to just GIVE stuff to people?

Many get an education and get a job that requires one. Colleges are not empty. If everyone got a degree than those jobs that require one would pay minimum wage because there would be a glut of applicants.

I've not argued once to "give stuff to people". I've argued to address the reasons that the jobs that once allowed millions to live a decent middle class life are no longer here.

Hardly but we also have no idea how long prices stay high right now either. Why did prices go so high under Bush? If the left wants it so high, why did it not go even higher under Obama?

DumBama lost the House then the Senate. High fuel prices are not popular with the people. The President gets the blame or credit for everything going on in this country.

The Democrats promised us tax the rich and make the federal minimum wage $15.00 an hour. Well, where is it? Even Democrats understand the devastation that would take place if they ushered in those two policies they promised everybody.

weatherman said:
And all this talk of new types and better batteries is no different than the decades long talks of we’re on the brink of curing cancer.

or that "KITCHEN of the future". Still waiting on that one. LOL

Look around at our crumbling cities under control by leftists. This is only gonna get worse. These folk eff up everything they touch. Impeach this son of a bitch Biden and the incompetent whore Harris.

DumBama lost the House then the Senate.

As did Trump.

High fuel prices are not popular with the people. The President gets the blame or credit for everything going on in this country.

The Democrats promised us tax the rich and make the federal minimum wage $15.00 an hour. Well, where is it? Even Democrats understand the devastation that would take place if they ushered in those two policies they promised everybody.

I've noted that the Dem's will get hammered over this come November.

Some people. We need jobs that pay people enough to live on for millions and millions. Just because a few can do that does nothing for the millions and millions of others that can not.

No, we need people to acquire the training to do jobs that pay enough to live on. And with taxpayer-funded Pell Grants, they can do just that. Insisting that

Many get an education and get a job that requires one. Colleges are not empty. If everyone got a degree than those jobs that require one would pay minimum wage because there would be a glut of applicants.

I've not argued once to "give stuff to people". I've argued to address the reasons that the jobs that once allowed millions to live a decent middle class life are no longer here.

No, we need people to ACQUIRE the skills to get a job that pays enough to live on, and they have that opportunity with taxpayer-funded Pell Grants. Your answer is to just DEMAND businesses GIVE unskilled people without the motivation to learn job skills more money.

Oh please..cry me a river. Millions of people have always earned just enough to squeeze by in a dumpy apartment with a roommate. (my dad’s family took in a “lodger,” who slept in the living room.)

As to how to address the fact that millions of uneducated factory workers lived a middle class life: 1) that’s not true, and 2) in the cases where it is, times change. You need more than a HS diploma to get out of the lower-income. And we HAVE addressed it: get a Pell Grant and learn a job skill that is valued by employers.

Finally, yes.…you HAVE argued to give people stuff. Giving people more money than their job skills warrant on the open market is a form of giving.

Is that why gas went to over $4.00 under Bush?

Bush was far from a conservative in many ways. The reason you can't buy an incandescent light bulb today is because of Bush. Diesel Emission Fluid came out under Bush. The new low sulfur fuel came out under Bush. Prior to that, diesel fuel was a buck or so a gallon cheaper than gasoline. Since the new lower sulfur standards, it's way up over gas and still is today.

No, we need people to ACQUIRE the skills to get a job that pays enough to live on, and they have that opportunity with taxpayer-funded Pell Grants. Your answer is to just DEMAND businesses GIVE unskilled people without the motivation to learn job skills more money.
We need the jobs here that allow for that to happen.

We had millions of jobs here that allowed people to live a decent middle income life. We sent many of those jobs overseas. You continue to argue for millions and millions to get jobs that do not exist.

Oh please..cry me a river. Millions of people have always earned just enough to squeeze by in a dumpy apartment with a roommate. (my dad’s family took in a “lodger,” who slept in the living room.)

As to how to address the fact that millions of uneducated factory workers lived a middle class life: 1) that’s not true, and 2) in the cases where it is, times change. You need more than a HS diploma to get out of the lower-income. And we HAVE addressed it: get a Pell Grant and learn a job skill that is valued by employers.

Finally, yes.…you HAVE argued to give people stuff. Giving people more money than their job skills warrant on the open market is a form of giving.

Something can not be "not true" but also true.

Bush was far from a conservative in many ways. The reason you can't buy an incandescent light bulb today is because of Bush. Diesel Emission Fluid came out under Bush. The new low sulfur fuel came out under Bush. Prior to that, diesel fuel was a buck or so a gallon cheaper than gasoline. Since the new lower sulfur standards, it's way up over gas and still is today.

Diesel passed gas costs before Bush, but all the same, you are arguing for dirty air?

We had millions of jobs here that allowed people to live a decent middle income life. We sent many of those jobs overseas. You continue to argue for millions and millions to get jobs that do not exist.

The jobs are here, we just can't find anybody to work them.

Diesel passed gas costs before Bush, but all the same, you are arguing for dirty air?

No they did not. Trust me, I'm a retired truck driver. During the Bush years my employer scoured the internet looking for the best prices to buy fuel at. He was such a cheap Fk that he made us drop our trailers somewhere to squeeze into gas stations that had diesel for pickup trucks and paving equipment.

Did you notice a difference in the air after the lower sulfur fuel came out? Me either. In fact the envron-kooks are more pissed off today than they ever were.

There are 10 million unfilled jobs in this country, and virtually everyone around here is paying a minimum of $17 or $18 - Target, Walmart, etc. - WITH a signing bonus, and WITH tuition benefits. No takers.

Leftists are always with their excuses, There are plenty of jobs. The problem is that there are too many lazy people who feel no shame over the amount of money they take from the government,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back