For Our EV Loving Cultists

The other thing that has changed is what is considered “a nice middle-class” life. It used to be a family living in an apartment or small house, sharing one car, with the kids sharing a bedroom, having dinner out only to celebrate someone’s birthday (and then at a modest place), and the one TV in the living room, was middle-class.

Now people think if they can’t buy a house, take the kids to Disneyworld, eat out once a week, a car for each adult, have a TV in everybody’s room, they’re not middle class.

(The people next door to me when I was growing up had five kids in a three bedroom house. They had the three girls in one room, and the two boys in another. Vacations were the annual trio to Ohio to visit the grandparents. They shared one car. And they were middle class.)

Many of our problems in the US stem from many of us being spoiled. Plain and simple.

Dem Hypocrisy

Dems: We should invest in EV even if it will be years before there's any benefit.

Dems: We should cancel oil exploration and pipelines because it will be years before there's any benefit.
And funny that no Democrat will go near an EV unless it’s a photo op.
64DA0132-CF31-4AB8-8643-7F0FE97F9103.jpeg
D2B4A482-C9EF-4DC7-9E53-E5430605280B.jpeg
1C152EA5-3063-4CD8-82CE-91DC03FC5E6D.jpeg
A79FDD9D-4101-4B2F-87CF-3EB542ED7359.jpeg

Facing the highest gas prices in the country the CA governor has proposed a gas tax rebate. BUT when Republicans and some Democrats called for the U.S. to tap into its own fossil fuel resources to increase domestic production and reduce costs Newsom rejected that approach citing climate concerns.

^^^ THAT is why Dems will lose huge this Nov.

Many of our problems in the US stem from many of us being spoiled. Plain and simple.
….and also in not being grateful for what we have. I remember being in my dumpy apartment as a young adult, looking out at the rain, and being thankful I had a warm place to sleep.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
The other thing that has changed is what is considered “a nice middle-class” life. It used to be a family living in an apartment or small house, sharing one car, with the kids sharing a bedroom, having dinner out only to celebrate someone’s birthday (and then at a modest place), and the one TV in the living room, was middle-class.

Now people think if they can’t buy a house, take the kids to Disneyworld, eat out once a week, a car for each adult, have a TV in everybody’s room, they’re not middle class.

(The people next door to me when I was growing up had five kids in a three bedroom house. They had the three girls in one room, and the two boys in another. Vacations were the annual trio to Ohio to visit the grandparents. They shared one car. And they were middle class.)

Yep. When I was a kid we had one television in the living room, and a small black and white one in our bedroom later on. McDonald's was a once or twice a year treat and if we went on any vacation, it was less than 100 miles from our house to camp. One eight track player, a record player, and that was the extent of our entertainment. We'd play outside all summer long because we only had three television channels and they just aired repeats of what they had on during the winter.

When my father built the house we were the envy of our neighborhood because he had a telephone outlet installed in each bedroom. It was like heaven on earth being able to unplug the phone and take it to any room you wanted for privacy.

It seems to me you are putting the cart before the horse. Skills need to be acquired prior to getting a good paying job. That is how it works in the real world. If you don't take the initiative to gain skills you will likely be working in a lower paying job. On the flip side, you can make a lot of money nowadays with very little actual skill, just hard work. Therein lies the problem. Many believe they are entitled to a nice "middle-class" lifestyle while having "lower class" skills.

Yep. Some people are still living in the 70's.

We SHOULD have embarked on a policy to reduce our need for petroleum then. More solar, more wind, more nuclear, more fuel efficiency, more bio-fuels
We have all of that. It just isn’t a solution for the masses. Until we get fusion working, we are stuck with fossil fuels.

Yep. When I was a kid we had one television in the living room, and a small black and white one in our bedroom later on. McDonald's was a once or twice a year treat and if we went on any vacation, it was less than 100 miles from our house to camp. One eight track player, a record player, and that was the extent of our entertainment. We'd play outside all summer long because we only had three television channels and they just aired repeats of what they had on during the winter.

When my father built the house we were the envy of our neighborhood because he had a telephone outlet installed in each bedroom. It was like heaven on earth being able to unplug the phone and take it to any room you wanted for privacy.
We are obviously around the same age. It was a big deal when I was 15 and got my own “Princess” extension for the bedroom.

And, going further back, did you have party lines? That’s when your line was shared with other people, so that when you picked up the phone to make a call, sometimes the other family was already using it. You had to wait. But did we feel underprivileged? Hell no. That’s just how it was.

My son drives a truck. He is never drug tested.

I used to get tested several times a year. I don't know what's going on with your son. He may be breaking federal laws because that's the only reason my employer had anybody participate in drug screenings.

But it's more than just my field of work. When I used to make deliveries people who worked the dock would constantly ask me if I knew anybody looking for a job. For non-skilled work some of them paid pretty well. They were able to find people, but not any that could pass a drug screen.

My father is a retired bricklayer and his union sends out articles about what's going on in the trade. The union is offering any of their retirees $500.00 per person they can find to join the trade. Mind you bricklaying is tough work, but my father did very well for himself. Today with benefits the job is paying over $50.00 an hour plus OT. They can't find straight people willing to do the job.

I used to get tested several times a year. I don't know what's going on with your son. He may be breaking federal laws because that's the only reason my employer had anybody participate in drug screenings.

But it's more than just my field of work. When I used to make deliveries people who worked the dock would constantly ask me if I knew anybody looking for a job. For non-skilled work some of them paid pretty well. They were able to find people, but not any that could pass a drug screen.

My father is a retired bricklayer and his union sends out articles about what's going on in the trade. The union is offering any of their retirees $500.00 per person they can find to join the trade. Mind you bricklaying is tough work, but my father did very well for himself. Today with benefits the job is paying over $50.00 an hour plus OT. They can't find straight people willing to do the job.
Only the gays are interested?

We are obviously around the same age. It was a big deal when I was 15 and got my own “Princess” extension for the bedroom.

And, going further back, did you have party lines? That’s when your line was shared with other people, so that when you picked up the phone to make a call, sometimes the other family was already using it. You had to wait. But did we feel underprivileged? Hell no. That’s just how it was.

We talk about party lines when we get together for a family event, and my niece and nephew are in disbelief that's what we had at the time. Although we didn't have one, my grandmother did, and we lived together in mutli-family homes until my grandparents died. We used to laugh at how pissed off she used to get at other people for hogging the phone all the time, or they'd eavesdrop on my grandmothers call. I can remember her screaming "I know you're listening to our phone calls, you have no life. Go to church or something!" :auiqs.jpg:

The Left say everyone- the poor included - must run out and buy EV cars. Never mind the fact there’s no infrastructure support for them or there aren’t many cars for sale. You can’t build a sparky car without precious metals……

The London Metal Exchange (LME) cancelled nickel trading on Tuesday after an unprecedented 250% price spike triggered by Western sanctions against Russia.
Russia not only is responsible for about 10% of the world’s nickel production, but Moscow-based Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN) is the biggest provider of battery- grade nickel.

It's all "love" or "hate" with you, isn't it? Binary brain. :heehee:

The other day NPR radio had a interview with a scientist that was working on making batteries from recycled batteries, so that is a positive note.

The issue is infrastructure and we as a society are nowhere ready to go online with a massive amount of EV’s, and it will take decades to get there, so we need oil until then…
The push for electric a good idea?, I have no intention of running out and buying one, That will be the choice for every new car buyer too decide. Not really necessary to make it political. Do Remember the last time electric was pushed & killed. Car Buyers Need Party Politics out of there car buying experience. Think Americans are smart enough to make the right choice for them self.

Bush was far from a conservative in many ways. The reason you can't buy an incandescent light bulb today is because of Bush. Diesel Emission Fluid came out under Bush. The new low sulfur fuel came out under Bush. Prior to that, diesel fuel was a buck or so a gallon cheaper than gasoline. Since the new lower sulfur standards, it's way up over gas and still is today.

Yes, Bush caved to the globalclimatewarmingchange nuts and the demleftists screamed he was a far right hitler his entire presidency.

Forum List

Back