For Our EV Loving Cultists

Right, people choose to work at Burger King rather than take one of these good paying jobs. LOL

Yes they do. They choose jobs like Burger King because Burger King doesn't drug test. We have a huge problem with drugs these past couple of decades and people can't pass random drug screens. Here, this was my former field of work. This was taken before Covid, and the shortage of drivers is even worse today.

Yeah, I would say that's better pay than Burger King.

Right, people choose to work at Burger King rather than take one of these good paying jobs. LOL
They’re choosing to work at Burger King because they didn’t bother to train for the better paying jobs. Also, lots of them made bad decisions and use drugs.

Never the poor person’s fault, is it?

There are 10 million unified jobs in this country, and virtually everyone around here is paying a minimum of $17 or $18 - Target, Walmart, etc. - WITH a signing bonus, and WITH tuition benefits. No takers.

Leftists are always with their excuses, There are plenty of jobs. The problem is that there are too many lazy people who feel no shame over the amount of money they take from the government,

Wow, they are cheap at your Target stores. Here they are offering up to $24.00 an hour to start.

What makes more sense is to keep one‘s paid off car.
Its a inevitable situation, which is not a bad one. VW and Volvo are going to completely electric, which means Audi as well. Honda just signed a strategic agreement with Sony to develop and produce cars electric cars in the next five years. Hyundai is bracketing the market with the Kona and Ioniq 5. Toyota is planning on having a full line by 2030. GM and is going all electric by 2035 and Ford is making a major push as well.

Thats the majority of car makers globally.

Now imagine a world in 2035 where the US and a majority of the West are oil independent. Imagine what that does to the dictators in the ME, and Russia. Good times.

Wow, they are cheap at your Target stores. Here they are offering up to $24.00 an hour to start.
Wow. A married couple, each with no more than a high school diploma, could earn almost $100,000 - and tuition for college!

There should be a long line out the door for an opportunity like that. is there?

Bush was far from a conservative in many ways. The reason you can't buy an incandescent light bulb today is because of Bush. Diesel Emission Fluid came out under Bush. The new low sulfur fuel came out under Bush. Prior to that, diesel fuel was a buck or so a gallon cheaper than gasoline. Since the new lower sulfur standards, it's way up over gas and still is today.

sorry bastards. I depsise the bush family and i am not alone.

Wow. A married couple, each with no more than a high school diploma, could earn almost $100,000 - and tuition for college!

There should be a long line out the door for an opportunity like that. is there?

Nope. They're still looking for employees last I read. Why work?

No they did not. Trust me, I'm a retired truck driver. During the Bush years my employer scoured the internet looking for the best prices to buy fuel at. He was such a cheap Fk that he made us drop our trailers somewhere to squeeze into gas stations that had diesel for pickup trucks and paving equipment.

Did you notice a difference in the air after the lower sulfur fuel came out? Me either. In fact the envron-kooks are more pissed off today than they ever were.

In several East Coast cities diesel fuel actually costs more than regular unleaded gas.

August 1981.

IF IT'S MILEAGE YOU WANT IT'S STILL DIESEL YOU'LL GET (Published 1981)

There are 10 million unfilled jobs in this country, and virtually everyone around here is paying a minimum of $17 or $18 - Target, Walmart, etc. - WITH a signing bonus, and WITH tuition benefits. No takers.

Leftists are always with their excuses, There are plenty of jobs. The problem is that there are too many lazy people who feel no shame over the amount of money they take from the government,

Wages have gone up (finally) in the last two years but they still aren't keeping up with inflation.

Yes they do. They choose jobs like Burger King because Burger King doesn't drug test. We have a huge problem with drugs these past couple of decades and people can't pass random drug screens. Here, this was my former field of work. This was taken before Covid, and the shortage of drivers is even worse today.

Yeah, I would say that's better pay than Burger King.

My son drives a truck. He is never drug tested.

They’re choosing to work at Burger King because they didn’t bother to train for the better paying jobs. Also, lots of them made bad decisions and use drugs.

Never the poor person’s fault, is it?

Of course it is on occasion. People smoke weed, back 40 years ago people stopped off at the bar and had 5-6 beers and then went home.

Where do the idiots think electric cars get their electricity from? Just plug it in, right. Where does the plug get electricity from. Most people have no idea. It stops right there. It's the power company which generates power from oil or coal. NOT unicorn farts. Even your EV runs on fossil fuel.

Peter the Puffer Buttplug had a "let them eat cake moment" that blew up his political career.

And all this talk of new types and better batteries is no different than the decades long talks of we’re on the brink of curing cancer.
Dem Hypocrisy

Dems: We should invest in EV even if it will be years before there's any benefit.

Dems: We should cancel oil exploration and pipelines because it will be years before there's any benefit.

We need the jobs here that allow for that to happen.

We had millions of jobs here that allowed people to live a decent middle income life. We sent many of those jobs overseas. You continue to argue for millions and millions to get jobs that do not exist.

It seems to me you are putting the cart before the horse. Skills need to be acquired prior to getting a good paying job. That is how it works in the real world. If you don't take the initiative to gain skills you will likely be working in a lower paying job. On the flip side, you can make a lot of money nowadays with very little actual skill, just hard work. Therein lies the problem. Many believe they are entitled to a nice "middle-class" lifestyle while having "lower class" skills.

It seems to me you are putting the cart before the horse. Skills need to be acquired prior to getting a good paying job.

Wash, rinse, repeat. This has been covered over and over and over and over.

It seems to me you are putting the cart before the horse. Skills need to be acquired prior to getting a good paying job. That is how it works in the real world. If you don't take the initiative to gain skills you will likely be working in a lower paying job. On the flip side, you can make a lot of money nowadays with very little actual skill, just hard work. Therein lies the problem. Many believe they are entitled to a nice "middle-class" lifestyle while having "lower class" skills.
The other thing that has changed is what is considered “a nice middle-class” life. It used to be a family living in an apartment or small house, sharing one car, with the kids sharing a bedroom, having dinner out only to celebrate someone’s birthday (and then at a modest place), and the one TV in the living room, was middle-class.

Now people think if they can’t buy a house, take the kids to Disneyworld, eat out once a week, a car for each adult, have a TV in everybody’s room, they’re not middle class.

(The people next door to me when I was growing up had five kids in a three bedroom house. They had the three girls in one room, and the two boys in another. Vacations were the annual trio to Ohio to visit the grandparents. They shared one car. And they were middle class.)

Where do the idiots think electric cars get their electricity from? Just plug it in, right. Where does the plug get electricity from. Most people have no idea. It stops right there. It's the power company which generates power from oil or coal. NOT unicorn farts. Even your EV runs on fossil fuel.

Peter the Puffer Buttplug had a "let them eat cake moment" that blew up his political career.
Because it's not about the environment, it's about the left's hatred of fossil fuel corporate profits.

Forum List

Back