Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Ford sells 100 real F 150's ......per hour.

Ford sells a lot of trucks, now they'll sell more by reaching new markets.

I dont know a single truck guy that would buy an electric truck.
As was mentioned it's mainly going to sell to gov.
The damn thing weighs 6200 lbs making it pretty useless off road.

I guess you don't understand the term "new markets".

Imagine a home building contractor owning one of these to drive 50 miles to a job site and using it to haul and power their tools because the new home they are working on isn't plugged in.

I bet this winter plenty of Texans wished they had one of these plugged into their garage powering their house for a few days.

Not everyone wants exactly what you want. Do I think Ford knows more about their business than you do considering they sell more trucks than anyone else? Yep.

There's these things called generators.
Maybe you've heard of them. You can get a whole house generator for as little as $3000 bucks.
While your so called truck will run you 40k to 90k and when it runs out of juice thats it, while you can get a generator with a 500 gallon propane tank and it'll run for over a week with 24/7 usage.

Some nerve from you, you know that?

How dare you present HJ with intelligence and reasoned commentary...

At least he's in the universe of knowing what he's talking about. You should try it.

Imagine a home building contractor owning one of these to drive 50 miles to a job site and using it to haul and power their tools because the new home they are working on isn't plugged in.

I bet this winter plenty of Texans wished they had one of these plugged into their garage powering their house for a few days.

Not everyone wants exactly what you want. Do I think Ford knows more about their business than you do considering they sell more trucks than anyone else? Yep.

Maybe you've heard of them. You can get a whole house generator for as little as $3000 bucks.
While your so called truck will run you 40k to 90k and when it runs out of juice thats it, while you can get a generator with a 500 gallon propane tank and it'll run for over a week with 24/7 usage.

You get a brand new F-150 truck to go with the power supply and you get to take that power with you. It's also quiet and no maintenance and you don't have to plant something in your yard you're hoping you never need to use.

You can also recharge your truck.

How do you recharge your truck when there's no power?
If you have power to charge it you obviously dont need your truck to run your house.
You didnt think that through obviously.

You get a brand new F-150 truck to go with the power supply and you get to take that power with you. It's also quiet and no maintenance and you don't have to plant something in your yard you're hoping you never need to use.

If you have power to charge it you obviously dont need your truck to run your house.
You drive it to the power.

Why are you asking what you do when your generator runs out of fuel?

You guys are searching for anything that is not a 100% solution to whatever you bring up and call it a total failure.

You guys are searching for anything that is not a 100% solution to whatever you bring up and call it a total failure.

You have the guy who drives the propane truck come over and fill it back up.
Besides,power outages rarely last more than a few days.
Or better yet get a 1000 gallon propane tank and you can go for two weeks and more.

Or better yet get a 1000 gallon propane tank and you can go for two weeks and more.

Neat, not everyone wants a home generator but you don't see me shitting on them.

Why are you guys so challenged by an electric vehicle that in many ways is more capable than a gas car even if that electric car may come with some of it;s own shortcomings? Why are you guys pulling your beads out over this?

Neat, not everyone wants a home generator but you don't see me shitting on them.

Why are you guys so challenged by an electric vehicle that in many ways is more capable than a gas car even if that electric car may come with some of it;s own shortcomings? Why are you guys pulling your beads out over this?

Because I have a generator and I dont like the restrictions that come with electric vehicles.
I can see them being used in the city as fleet trucks but other than that?

These leftists are amazing. One day the are Virus experts, the next day they are Climatologists, the next they are automotive engineers!

Compared to who were debating we're a gaggle of Einsteins.
No nazi, Einstein dealt in facts, you turds deal in what the media feeds you.

Believe it or not, you also listen to the media. It's just that your media looks like this:

boys-straight-jacket.jpg

You literally called me a Nazi and we're going to pretend that somebody else didn't plant that seed into your head about liberals. Gullible fool.

No one is "challenged" by it.

What do you think the electric F-150 will be able to do better or more efficiently than the gasoline version?

No one is "challenged" by it.

What do you think the electric F-150 will be able to do better or more efficiently than the gasoline version?

Cost less to operate and maintain. Go 0-60 faster than any other stock F-150. Power an entire house.

Isn't it telling that leftists make up completely useless phrases like this?
They are pre sold, dipshit.
Sit down and let the adults talk.

Ford starts taking $100 deposits for new F-150 Lightning​

Deposits are fully refundable, but if you want to follow through on your purchase, orders can be completed starting in fall 2021. And deliveries are expected to start in the spring of 2022.​

Thanks for confirming, it's a range issue.
Yes

A heavy load will reduce range

And truck are created to carry loads

So range is limited

A heavy load will reduce range on ANY vehicle. It doesn't haul less than your run of the mill 1/2 ton.

Yeah but I can pull over at a gas station and be back on the road in a few minutes.

That is true and a shortcoming currently of electric vehicles. It's about the only one too.

Our freight trains are electric.
Wrong

Trains have diesel generators
In the US. less than 1% of trains are electric powered, but in Sweden 100% of their trains are. See #141. Electric trains are the future of our freight. They have been proven to be practical for quite a while.
See post #141

Check, I am with you now.

As everyone keeps pointing out the left wants electric everything but only about 3% of of our electricity comes from solar panels or windmills

The left should embrace nuclear energy

A heavy load will reduce range on ANY vehicle.
A shoebox EV will never be asked to pull a 20 ft fiberglass bass boat

Or 2 yds of wet sand

If the left should just shut up and let events take their natural course

When electric cars make sense Americans will buy them without having to twist their arm

Forum List

Back