Ford keeping V8's to 2040!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine apartment complexes will offer charging stations in its parking lots. Since most EVs are charged once a week, you will not need to use them often
Again... do the math. How many charging stations per vehicle, how long to make a charge, etc.

From my observations apartment complexes don't have enough parking spots for their tenants as it stands now. Would that be something else the government will mandate and regulate?

Remember, if a technology cannot IMMEDIATELY replace something that has taken a century to develop and has been heavily subsidized over many many decades then it should NEVER be explored or tried.
Not through government mandate for a problem we don't have and wouldn't solve even if we did.

What do they get subsidies for?

Direct subsidies
Intangible Drilling Costs Deduction (26 U.S. Code § 263. Active)
Percentage Depletion (26 U.S. Code § 613. Active)
Credit for Clean Coal Investment Internal Revenue Code § 48A (Active)
Nonconventional Fuels Tax Credit (Internal Revenue Code § 45. Inactive)

Indirect Subsidies
Last In, First Out Accounting (26 U.S. Code § 472. Active)
Foreign Tax Credit (26 U.S. Code § 901. Active)
Master Limited Partnerships (Internal Revenue Code § 7704. Indirect. Active)
Domestic Manufacturing Deduction (IRC §199. Indirect. Inactive)

Not through government mandate for a problem we don't have and wouldn't solve even if we did.

If you don't understand the need for the development it just means YOU are ignorant of the need. It does not mean that the WORLD is ignorant of the need.

You are NOT the world.

You'll find that many folks who are resistant to EV's are the kind of people who have never actually been involved in R&D or technical development in American industry.
I've worked in a Technology group that developed new technologies; expandable sand screens and multi-zone single trip sand control completion systems.

Like I said before, EV's have a place but it's not as a 100% replacement of ICE vehicles.

Again... do the math. How many charging stations per vehicle, how long to make a charge, etc.

From my observations apartment complexes don't have enough parking spots for their tenants as it stands now. Would that be something else the government will mandate and regulate?

Do you think there is no government control of where gas stations go? (You would be surprised).

Thankfully the petroleum industry is HEAVILY SUBSIDIZED!

That IS part of the "free market" you think is so great, right?

Sweetie...you need to go back and watch Godfather 2. Pay close attention. Art mimics life...in the case of Godfather 2, instructive as fuck.

Green energy will be tolerated to a point. Once it achieved it's usefulness to the psychopaths in charge, it gets whacked. They don't give a shit about climate change.

:bye1:

Do the math. Google the volume of gasoline consumed in the US. Convert that into KWH. Google the amount of KWH consumed in the US. The numbers are pretty close, hence we are talking about doubling the generating and transmission systems. Now factor in the move towards electric generation from renewables, which do not have battery storage for base loading and require fossil fuels. Now factor in the problems with trying to yo yo fossil fuels to meet base loading especially in instances of catastrophes.

Again... there's no such thing as a free lunch. It's naive to think this transition will go smoothly.

Our power grid will adapt and so will consumer charging habits.
Most charging will be done at night when demands on the power grid will be the lowest. You are looking at doing this nighttime charge once a week.

I don’t think it will significantly load our power grid

Intangible Drilling Costs Deduction (26 U.S. Code § 263. Active)
Percentage Depletion (26 U.S. Code § 613. Active)
Standard deductions that all companies who spend capital are entitled to under tax and accounting rules.

Credit for Clean Coal Investment Internal Revenue Code § 48A (Active)
Not an oil industry thing. That's a coal industry thing.

Nonconventional Fuels Tax Credit (Internal Revenue Code § 45. Inactive)
Yes!!!! From the 1980's trough the early 2000's. Tax credits for unconventional reservoirs. It no longer exists.

Last In, First Out Accounting (26 U.S. Code § 472. Active)
Foreign Tax Credit (26 U.S. Code § 901. Active)
Master Limited Partnerships (Internal Revenue Code § 7704. Indirect. Active)
Domestic Manufacturing Deduction (IRC §199. Indirect. Inactive)
How do these relate to the oil and gas industry?

Besides, these don't look like subsidies to me but standard accounting practices.

If you don't understand the need for the development it just means YOU are ignorant of the need. It does not mean that the WORLD is ignorant of the need.

You are NOT the world.
I understand that the market itself is the best way to organically solve problems. That governments do a horrible job at controlling markets.

People and companies who put their own money on the line without a safety net will always make better decisions than bureaucrats making decisions using other people's money.

The market will adapt
Those apartments that don’t offer tenant charging options will lose tenants.
If you charge once a week, one in seven spaces will have to offer charging if every tenant has an EV

Our power grid will adapt and so will consumer charging habits.
Most charging will be done at night when demands on the power grid will be the lowest. You are looking at doing this nighttime charge once a week.

I don’t think it will significantly load our power grid
That's pie in the sky naive thinking. Here is what you can expect from a government mandate... lot's of predicable surprises and chaos. Followed by a hunt for the guilty parties who are since long gone.

The market will adapt
Those apartments that don’t offer tenant charging options will lose tenants.
If you charge once a week, one in seven spaces will have to offer charging if every tenant has an EV
Again... that's pie in the sky naive thinking. I believe you can expect lots of people dealing with uncharged vehicles that they need to use. Tow truck drivers are going to feast.

That's pie in the sky naive thinking. Here is what you can expect from a government mandate... lot's of predicable surprises and chaos. Followed by a hunt for the guilty parties who are since long gone.

Not engaging in your fear mongering about the evil gubmint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back