Ford Maverick

Ford has announced that it will introduce a new, small pickup truck this week, to be called the "Maverick." Slotted below the Ranger, base price is rumored to be around $20-22k. One can only hope.

While I probably will not buy one, I have long thought that they current U.S. pickup market has a giant "hole" in it, with no compact trucks available, particularly with a usable 6' bed. It has been done before, so I know it's possible. Let's hope this is not some ridiculous thing like the Kia/Hyundai truck with a two-foot bed and four seats or the old Subarus.

I can't remember the last time I saw a truck with a 6' bed. They seem to be out of fashion. To my mind, anything shorter is pretty much useless...

My 2016 Tundra has a six foot bed.
I went with the six foot because it tows more and ya never know when ya might want to put a shell on it to sleep in.
E932E61C-CD06-4679-AECE-691388F6DE78.jpeg

The Tundra am a mighty fine truck. WIth the 6' bed I imagine it takes an aircraft hanger to park it indoors.

Had an original Maverick back in the 80s. It was OK. Not anything special but got me around.

Never owned a Ranger. Had two friends who did.

Both rangers caught fire. Something weird in the engine room. Cause was never determined as far as I know. Also saw two others sitting in an airport parking lot where they had been abandoned after burning. Somehow though a Ranger might have been right for my purposes at the time I'm happy to have never owned one.

The Tundra am a mighty fine truck. WIth the 6' bed I imagine it takes an aircraft hanger to park it indoors.

I have a 44ft deep garage that accepts the Tundra and my SXS trailer.
The original owner parked his Motor home in it. It has 240 electrical hook ups,sewer and water.
View attachment 501154
What's your SxS?
Polaris General.
Thought about a Razor but I needed more bed space for hauling deer corn and fishing equipment.
And the Geeneral is plenty fast,in fact I've never topped it out.
They say it'll hit 80mph but wrecking at that speed would probably be fatal.
02704AE6-6BCF-4856-B9FB-8748F857D33E.jpeg

I have a 44ft deep garage that accepts the Tundra and my SXS trailer.
The original owner parked his Motor home in it. It has 240 electrical hook ups,sewer and water.
View attachment 501154
What's your SxS?
Polaris General.
Thought about a Razor but I needed more bed space for hauling deer corn and fishing equipment.
And the Geeneral is plenty fast,in fact I've never topped it out.
They say it'll hit 80mph but wrecking at that speed would probably be fatal.
View attachment 501418
That's right, I think we've talked about this before.

I have an 18 RZR XP1k. May end up selling it soon as I'm looking to get more into multi day trips on the trail.

Ford has announced that it will introduce a new, small pickup truck this week, to be called the "Maverick." Slotted below the Ranger, base price is rumored to be around $20-22k. One can only hope.

While I probably will not buy one, I have long thought that they current U.S. pickup market has a giant "hole" in it, with no compact trucks available, particularly with a usable 6' bed. It has been done before, so I know it's possible. Let's hope this is not some ridiculous thing like the Kia/Hyundai truck with a two-foot bed and four seats or the old Subarus.

I can't remember the last time I saw a truck with a 6' bed. They seem to be out of fashion. To my mind, anything shorter is pretty much useless...
The Maverick wasn't designed to be a work truck. It was designed to fill a Nych if that's the correct word

The Maverick wasn't designed to be a work truck. It was designed to fill a Nych if that's the correct word

Close, its niche. And I agree, just look at the size of American made pickups, hell, even Nissan and Toyota are similarly sized, even the Colorado has grown in size, there just are not enough small pickups in the market. This truck will be popular with women owners, who might not be concerned with the smaller bed. And if you can configure the bed to safely haul sheetrock and plywood I would consider getting one, as my truck is on its last legs.

Toyota and Nissan introduced "small" pickups into the U.S. in the late 60's, and GM & Ford were forced to produce similar products. All were under 200" long, yet could be had with 6' beds.

Most of today's pickups, regardless of the size category, are just SUV's with a box - that is empty 95% of the time.

Toyota and Nissan introduced "small" pickups into the U.S. in the late 60's, and GM & Ford were forced to produce similar products. All were under 200" long, yet could be had with 6' beds.

Most of today's pickups, regardless of the size category, are just SUV's with a box - that is empty 95% of the time.

They have these things called heavy duty and super duty trucks, they all have beds over 6 ft. Most people due to their needs option the trucks w/out 8ft beds. Though you can get an 8ft bed even with a crew cab.

Let people decide what sort of truck they need or don't need w/out the testy police telling them they're doing it wrong, k?

Datsun.

I've had 2 Rangers in the past- a 99 and on 02 Sport (both extended cab)- both had the 3.0 v6 with a 5 speed- they were good, reliable little trucks that were comfortable for me-
I hated the automatics in them.

FORD is a Dementorat company. They've always backed the Dems and dumped millions into their campaigns.

View attachment 562719

And yes, I had a Ford as well.
My first car was a Ford.
1971 rebuilt Torino.
MF9syXjFZBR7DQMcwCyCZkyK5-poCN69ZbDMB1WbsyTDb7vgVkRrddmreG3G6lnSQ7wdeuuFFpGPXQWQXN_wqXTK-ELsg3-o5qN9Q-6BLV1vDxy_qPW4IdKpZ3iQbI42SEVPZI5g7-UefcqncHL-GPzipCX4umXnb9zj9iTubkerBVT7kz3rXL8nWHfsnZ0uMfV3_lY
Like most companies Ford has backed both parties. Do you people ever actually look into the claims you make?

Like most companies Ford has backed both parties. Do you people ever actually look into the claims you make?

Guess I should have put "for the majority". Sorry, was half asleep.

Guess I should have put "for the majority". Sorry, was half asleep.
Yeah, practically just a typo. Let's see this was your post, right?

FORD is a Dementorat company. They've always backed the Dems and dumped millions into their campaigns.

In reality with the exception of 2020 Ford historically has given more than half it's money to Republicans.

ford.png

I know, crazy that you guys have such an aversion to the actual truth.

I would never buy anything bigger than a Toyota Corolla with a 4 cylinder engine.

And that thing is FUGLY

Forum List

Back