Former CNN Host Sued For Calling Nick Sandmann's Face 'Punchable' In Now-Deleted Tweet

One day after news broke that CNN settled a defamation lawsuit on behalf of Covington Catholic teen Nick Sandmann, Robert Barnes announced he had sued author, producer, and show host Reza Aslan for Aslan's tweet describing Sandmann's face as "punchable." The lawsuit, which Barnes provided to PJ Media, would slap Aslan with a minimum of $135,000 in damages.

When video of Sandmann supposedly smirking at a Native American man outside the March for Life went viral last year, Aslan infamously tweeted, "Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid's?"
The only thing fake here is Pogo's claim to having a brain.

It isn't fake. CNN was sued, and they settled out of court. The court would have heard the case if they decided not to settle out of court. I hope they all have to pay out the ying yang. That'll teach them to not bully children.

Reza Aslan to Face the Music For Calling Nick Sandmann's Face 'Punchable' In Now-Deleted Tweet

The lawsuit seeks justice for the defamation of nine anonymous Covington Catholic boys.

"False and Defamatory Accusations against the plaintiffs are defamatory per se, as they are libelous on their face without resort to additional facts, and as clearly demonstrated here, [the plaintiffs] were subjected to public hatred, contempt, scorn, obloquy, and shame," the lawsuit argues. "The conduct of the plaintiffs, based on the false facts the defendants placed and circulated into the court of public opinion, led to these lifetime labels on these minors: 'display of hate, disrespect and intolerance'; 'heartbreaking'; 'decency decayed'; 'racist'; 'cried for America'; 'infamous'; 'gall'; 'shameful'; 'darker chapters'; compared to genocide; 'laughing and egging on' 'hurtful' behavior; 'awful'; 'cavemen gestures'; 'taunting'; ‘harassing'; 'stalking'; 'mocking'; 'bullies' who should be doxed, 'named and shamed', expelled from school, denied admission to college, be punched in the face, and their lives ruined."

Defamation is a high bar in American law, but the kind of non-repentant and slanderous attacks these young men faced — often for the alleged crime of wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat — arguably meets it.

Yeah it *IS* fake. The subject is not a CNN host and never has been. Not that that would even matter since the tweet itself says nothing about any "CNN" anyway.

TWEETER is not a fucking news source, and asking a question --- which is what the tweet did --- is not journalism or purported journalism. It is not even making a statement, let alone an accusation.

ONCE AGAIN if we want to run around suing everybody who insults somebody on Tweeter, Doornail Rump is going to spend the rest of his life in court. For example.

You *CAN'T* --- that means "CANNOT" --- sue somebody for expressing an opinion. Can't be done.

We shall soon SEE about that. ;)

We can SEE right now. Go ahead and show the class anywhere Reza Asian was a CNN employee. I'll be right here like a safety intercepting Tom Brady.

I'm sure Tom Brady would kick your butt. LOL!

Anyhow, who cares if he works for CNN? CNN's case is over, and they made an out of court settlement. The point is that the leftists are out of control and disgusting.

Whelp ---- I noted that the thread title was fake, and then you said no it wasn't, then I defied you to prove it's not, and now you're saying "who cares". I do not accept your concession. It's gotta LOOK LIKE a concession.

Come on, you know better than that. :3:

Yeah it *IS* fake. The subject is not a CNN host and never has been. Not that that would even matter since the tweet itself says nothing about any "CNN" anyway.

TWEETER is not a fucking news source, and asking a question --- which is what the tweet did --- is not journalism or purported journalism. It is not even making a statement, let alone an accusation.

ONCE AGAIN if we want to run around suing everybody who insults somebody on Tweeter, Doornail Rump is going to spend the rest of his life in court. For example.

You *CAN'T* --- that means "CANNOT" --- sue somebody for expressing an opinion. Can't be done.

We can SEE right now. Go ahead and show the class anywhere Reza Asian was a CNN employee. I'll be right here like a safety intercepting Tom Brady.

Anyhow, who cares if he works for CNN? CNN's case is over, and they made an out of court settlement. The point is that the leftists are out of control and disgusting.

Whelp ---- I noted that the thread title was fake, and then you said no it wasn't, then I defied you to prove it's not, and now you're saying "who cares". I do not accept your concession. It's gotta LOOK LIKE a concession.

It's not fake.

It absolutely ***IS*** fake.

Thread title:

"Former CNN Host Sued..."

HOW THE FUCK is this subject a "former CNN host" ? HOW?

Nick Sandmann's family is suing him for libel and defamation.
They must be a very confused family then. :dunno:

Now, to ask YOU a question. Do you honestly find nothing wrong with him saying that about a CHILD? He said, "Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid's?" THAT is disgusting, uncalled for and at LEAST makes him a very BAD person for saying that about a child. What a complete arse.

Whatever. I don't twit but whatever he twitted is on him, but guess what, that's opinion and everybody's entitled to one. If that were not the case we could not be here on this message board. You can agree with it, you can disagree with it, but one thing you can't do is muzzle it with a lawsuit.

Now a word from our sponsor. :banghead:

It's right there in the quote nest. CAN YOU READ??

Defamation is a high bar in American law, but the kind of non-repentant and slanderous attacks these young men faced — often for the alleged crime of wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat — arguably meets it.
I suspect that CNN was mostly afraid of the discovery phase and Sandmans lawyers going through all their emails, lol.

More likely CNN threatened to countersue, and the "settlement" was that it all goes away.

The same suit against the WaPo was dismissed out of court last summer. AGAIN, making a case for defamation requires PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. Some documentation that the entity in question knowingly printed, broadcast or otherwise disseminated false information. I invited anyone and everyone on this board to demonstrate any such evidence, which, if it existed, should have been the easiest thing in the world. No one ever came up with anything. Absent such evidence, THERE IS NO CASE. That's why the WaPo case was dismissed --- no evidence.

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard on this Board.

I suspect that CNN was mostly afraid of the discovery phase and Sandmans lawyers going through all their emails, lol.

More likely CNN threatened to countersue, and the "settlement" was that it all goes away.

The same suit against the WaPo was dismissed out of court last summer. AGAIN, making a case for defamation requires PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. Some documentation that the entity in question knowingly printed, broadcast or otherwise disseminated false information. I invited anyone and everyone on this board to demonstrate any such evidence, which, if it existed, should have been the easiest thing in the world. No one ever came up with anything. Absent such evidence, THERE IS NO CASE. That's why the WaPo case was dismissed --- no evidence.

The WaPo case should have NEVER been dismissed. That judge should be hung up by his you know what!!!

The WaPo case should have NEVER been dismissed. That judge should be hung up by his you know what!!!

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

I gotta tell ya, I have the easiest job here. All I gotta do it pose the unanswerable questions and let the squirming begin. This one's been squirming for almost a year now. I should harness it for energy. I'll be rich.

But thanks for taking the time to look up the point and find out that I was exactly right. You don't have to say so here, I already know.

It's right there in the quote nest. CAN YOU READ??

I mean that I would ever make a concession when I am 100% in the right. The way they treated that child is DEPLORABLE. Way worse than being a Trump supporter. ;)

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

Defamation is about ruining someone's reputation or character assassination. The evidence is in the tweets.

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

Defamation is about ruining someone's reputation or character assassination. The evidence is in the tweets.

News sources do not disseminate news via "tweets".

EVIDENCE against WaPo would have to be in the newspaper. EVIDENCE against CNN would have to be a broadcast. "Tweets" are worth the paper they're printed on.

That's why, in the course of a year, my challenge to this board comprised of wags who will look up anything on command, has gone unanswered. Those newspaper stories, those broadcasts --- do not exist.

That's funny, every face on CNN looks punchable to me.
Reza-Aslan.jpg

I agree. I would much rather punch that face than ANY child's. The leftists are gross. That is all there is too it. They are the SHAME of our nation after this fiasco.
Sandmann likely had a multi-million dollar settlement with CNN, due to paying the TDS afflicted moron Chris Cuomo to publicly defame Sandmann for wearing a MAGA hat. Perhaps the only cure for their TDS is a dollarectomy.

Sandmann has an even better case against NBC and the Washington 'Jimmy's World' Post.

Reza-Aslan.jpg

I agree. I would much rather punch that face than ANY child's. The leftists are gross. That is all there is too it. They are the SHAME of our nation after this fiasco.
Sandmann likely had a multi-million dollar settlement with CNN, due to paying the TDS afflicted moron Chris Cuomo to publicly defame Sandmann for wearing a MAGA hat. Perhaps the only cure for their TDS is a dollarectomy.

Sandmann has an even better case against NBC and the Washington 'Jimmy's World' Post.

Yep, he is going to "punch them in the pocketbook!" Lol! The poor kid deserves every penny after how he was treated. I cannot imagine how pained I would be to watch my son be "beat up" verbally on the NEWS. How awful! Awful and rotten people.

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

EVIDENCE against WaPo would have to be in the newspaper. EVIDENCE against CNN would have to be a broadcast. "Tweets" are worth the paper they're printed on.

That's why, in the course of a year, my challenge to this board comprised of wags who will look up anything on command, has gone unanswered. Those newspaper stories, those broadcasts --- do not exist.

Apparently not, since a lawyer has taken the case and is proceeding with lawsuits. I will take his word over yours any day. :D No offence of course.

Reza-Aslan.jpg

And yet ----- no one here has ever been able to furnish such a broadcast from CNN, such a story from WaPo, etc.

Literally zero.

You can't make the case for defamation in the public mind by mass media and then be UNABLE to show any evidence of that mass media doing it. That's why the court dismissed the WaPo suit. If such evidence is so obscure that you can't even find any, how the HELL is the public going to have been influenced by it?

I'll keep the challenge open for a full year. There's still time. You could be a winner.

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

Apparently not, since a lawyer has taken the case and is proceeding with lawsuits. I will take his word over yours any day. :D No offence of course.

If counsel refers to the instant case, I remind the court yet again that the link furnished by the lying OP has no source.
Ergo we don't know that any lawyer has taken such a case at all. And considering the OP's track record it doesn't look particularly good.

On what basis?

Where IS the evidence?

If counsel refers to the instant case, I remind the court yet again that the link furnished by the lying OP has no source.
Ergo we don't know that any lawyer has taken such a case at all. And considering the OP's track record it doesn't look particularly good.

The point is that all of those people are horrible and terrible, borderline child abusers. Now, THEIR reputations are suffering, and Tony the Tiger would say that is "GRRRREAT!!!" :D

But the boy does have a punchable face.

Ultimately, the Left is prone to violence when they don’t get their way regarding people they don’t agree with. Advocating punching a teen boy? Wtf is a “punchable” face? “Hey, I don’t like that face, let’s punch it”. Haven’t you people ever heard of “live and let live”? Aren’t you people supposed to be the non-violent, peaceful side? Perhaps your mantra of p ace and non-violence is heavily conditional.

Forum List

Back