Former Colorado clerk Tina Peters, one-time hero to election deniers, convicted in computer breach

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well, I guess this says it all. People willing to break the law in their attempts to derail our elections.
Tina just wanted to be famous....now she is..sort of~

Former Colorado clerk Tina Peters, the first local election official to be charged with a security breach after the 2020 election as unfounded conspiracy theories swirled, was found guilty by a jury on most charges Monday.
Peters, a one-time hero to election deniers, was accused of using someone else’s security badge to give an expert affiliated with My Pillow chief executive Mike Lindell access to the Mesa County election system and deceiving other officials about that person’s identity.

Lindell is a prominent promoter of false claims that voting machines were manipulated to steal the election from Donald Trump. His online broadcasting site has been showing a livestream of Peters’ trial and sending out daily email updates, sometimes asking for prayers for Peters and including statements from her.
Prosecutors said Peters was seeking fame and became “fixated” on voting problems after becoming involved with those who had questioned the accuracy of the 2020 presidential election results.

The breach Peters was charged of orchestrating heightened concerns over potential insider threats, in which rogue election workers sympathetic to partisan lies could use their access and knowledge to launch an attack from within.

Peters was convicted of three counts of attempting to influence a public servant, one count of conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, first-degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failing to comply with the secretary of state.

“I will continue to fight until the Truth is revealed that was not allowed to be brought during this trial. This is a sad day for our nation and the world. But we WILL win in the end,” she said.

I doubt the pillow man gets much access to her from prison.

Well, I guess this says it all. People willing to break the law in their attempts to derail our elections.

Former Colorado clerk Tina Peters, the first local election official to be charged with a security breach after the 2020 election as unfounded conspiracy theories swirled, was found guilty by a jury on most charges Monday.
Peters, a one-time hero to election deniers, was accused of using someone else’s security badge to give an expert affiliated with My Pillow chief executive Mike Lindell access to the Mesa County election system and deceiving other officials about that person’s identity.

Lindell is a prominent promoter of false claims that voting machines were manipulated to steal the election from Donald Trump. His online broadcasting site has been showing a livestream of Peters’ trial and sending out daily email updates, sometimes asking for prayers for Peters and including statements from her.
Prosecutors said Peters was seeking fame and became “fixated” on voting problems after becoming involved with those who had questioned the accuracy of the 2020 presidential election results.

The breach Peters was charged of orchestrating heightened concerns over potential insider threats, in which rogue election workers sympathetic to partisan lies could use their access and knowledge to launch an attack from within.
Peters was convicted of three counts of attempting to influence a public servant, one count of conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, first-degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failing to comply with the secretary of state.
Can't wait till Trump puts an end to lawfare.

Very good.

Another victory for democracy.

“I will continue to fight until the Truth is revealed that was not allowed to be brought during this trial. This is a sad day for our nation and the world. But we WILL win in the end,” she said.

I doubt the pillow man gets much access to her from prison.
should criminals be released on technicalities? i hear conservative (or are they now "rinos?:" )complaining that we are "soft on crime,"

trump invented lawfare and has assembled the greatest arny of shysters ener assembled to sue his way into the white house.

fair enough, as long as you don't also own the judges.

there will be a reckoning. i hope it is in court. but since he has made that impossible.......

"justice delayed is hustice denied."

/----/ Gee, that article wasn't too biased. " unfounded conspiracy theories swirled," "election deniers," and "partisan lies " and "false claims that voting machines were manipulated." Nothing like lacing an article with the author's personal bias.

should criminals be released on technicalities? i hear conservative (or are they now "rinos?:" )complaining that we are "soft on crime,"

trump invented lawfare and has assembled the greatest arny of shysters ener assembled to sue his way into the white house.

fair enough, as long as you don't also own the judges.

there will be a reckoning. i hope it is in court. but since he has made that impossible.......

"justice delayed is hustice denied."
There are a great many issues. Many Republican candidates made many promises. When elected it seems that those that were more important did not seem to pass. Although they may have passed a couple of those. This is what the problem is over many decades. Progs get blood from a stone. Republicans from their inactions caused Progs to become powerful and control most of the messaging in our nation. Progs are so corrupted and powerful they put substandard people into top positions. Joe and Kamala and most in their administration is just that. They live for the almighty Party. And the nation comes 2nd.

She stole a security badge and provided illegal access to the county's voter system to Mike Lindell, assisting in a data breach. She committed multiple felonies, but I imagine actually taking two minutes to read about what she did would have utilized too many of your lacking brain neurons. You people are like children, refusing to take any responsibility for your actions. You're no different than the far left.

She stole a security badge and provided illegal access to the county's voter system to Mike Lindell, assisting in a data breach. She committed multiple felonies, but I imagine actually taking two minutes to read about what she did would have utilized too many of your lacking brain neurons. You people are like children, refusing to take any responsibility for your actions. You're no different than the far left.

Magaturds: ruining their lives to 'own da libz' so you don't have to.

I saw the story of this woman years ago right after it happened. She is an innocent woman, every bit as innocent as the J6 victims.

The Colorado State election officials sacrificed this woman. She is as innocent as Ed Snowden and Julian Assange.

I saw the story of this woman years ago right after it happened. She is an innocent woman, every bit as innocent as the J6 victims.

The Colorado State election officials sacrificed this woman. She is as innocent as Ed Snowden and Julian Assange.
Totally agree..she's just as innocent...which is to say..just as guilty as everyone you named~

BTW...No-one, including the parties named, has claimed they were innocent of the actions they are accused of..they just maintain that their motivations somehow absolved them of criminality.
In case you don't understand...that is not how it works.

Totally agree..she's just as innocent...which is to say..just as guilty as everyone you named~

BTW...No-one, including the parties named, has claimed they were innocent of the actions they are accused of..they just maintain that their motivations somehow absolved them of criminality.
In case you don't understand...that is not how it works.
By innocent, I mean innocent of any crime. Exposing the crimes of government IS NOT a crimes. Do YOU understand that simple truth, or is it too much to put your mind around? Exercising one's First Amendment rights is NOT a crime.

Who ever heard of a local election official charged with something like this? A security breach? More vindictive selected prosecution by the Biden administration.
You never heard of it because local election officials weren’t fringe nuts with conspiracy theories about stolen elections before Trump’s cult rolled around.

By innocent, I mean innocent of any crime. Exposing the crimes of government IS NOT a crimes. Do YOU understand that simple truth, or is it too much to put your mind around? Exercising one's First Amendment rights is NOT a crime.
You are simply incorrect. You do know that Assange is not American, and has no First Amendment rights, right?

Yes, exposing the 'truth' about govt. can be a crime...and many have gone to jail over it.

If your contention is that that's what the Jan. 6th folks were doing, exercising their 1st Amendment rights...I can but laugh at your stupidly.

Forum List

Back