Former Kentucky Clerk In Gay Marriage Case Must Pay Additonal $260K.

How much are your rights worth to you?

I don’t know, if the state had completely sided with her and deemed she was right? I’m sure there is a compensatory amount for that. However, the couple was able to get their license and get married, so at the time me of the day, their civil rights were upheld. The action by the woman was not a 1/4 million dollar infringement. Now, I know you believe it is, because they are sticking it to a “white, evil, Christian, conservative, trumper”, so in your mind, it makes it ok, but, to any rational, reasoned person, it’s not.

I don’t know, if the state had completely sided with her and deemed she was right? I’m sure there is a compensatory amount for that. However, the couple was able to get their license and get married, so at the time me of the day, their civil rights were upheld. The action by the woman was not a 1/4 million dollar infringement. Now, I know you believe it is, because they are sticking it to a “white, evil, Christian, conservative, trumper”, so in your mind, it makes it ok, but, to any rational, reasoned person, it’s not.
It’s been shown how her delay was an undo financial burden on the couple. She made her bed she has to lie in it. Don’t want to pay a huge fee don’t try and deny someone their rights. It is that simple

There are many loses the couple suffered. Everything from needing two individual medical insurance policies instead of one family plan. The cost of legal work to make the other entitled to the death benefits, such as allowing joint ownership of property which avoids inheritance taxes.
Yes there are costs and inconveniences from not having a marriage license.

As of December 2023, cohabitation of unmarried couples remains illegal in two states (Mississippi and North Carolina),

Hmm, you know what that couple could have done when the woman denied them their marriage license?

“Excuse me, may I speak with your supervisor please?” That would have probably have ended the whole thing, the woman would have bee reprimanded or fired, and the couple could have proceeded. Instead, liberalism told them “SUE SUE SUE!!!! GET MONEY! MAKE THEM TRUMPERS PAY!!!”

at the end of the day, did they not get their marriage license?

Even still, the costs you mentioned are not $240,000 worth of expenses lol.

But they sure stuck it to those evil trumpers, so I guess you’re happy.

Because the couple was mildly inconvenienced, they ruined a persons life…I’ll say this, anyone who ever said democrats were the party of tolerance and compassion, were lying.

What value would you place of being able to visit them in the ICU? Which is restricted to "family members only" The same with some other hospital visits.
Or being able to file a joint tax return, instead of two individual returns

Those who file jointly typically receive more tax benefits than those who are married filing separately.

What are you taking about. They GOT their marriage license, right? So you are taking about “what ifs” that never happened.

Let’s deal with what IS, which wasn’t a $240,000 issue

Hell, maybe I’m looking at this all wrong. Maybe I need to go find me a liberal somewhere and see if I can get them to inconvenience me a little, so I can sue them for half a million dollars? Maybe even a cool million ! Ahh hell, who am I kidding, that lawsuit would never go. The “law” is for right wingers…not for liberals.

You would prefer that taxpayers pay the legal fees for this woman's zany beliefs?

What law firm did they hire? The most expensive ones in town? $100,000 in legal fees. All they needed was a civil right attorney, hell, a public defender could have probably won that case.

Honestly, all they really needed to do was talk to the woman’s supervisor, or filed a complaint and they would have gotten her fired and resolved the issue, but, not in today’s liberal world. The only answer is litigation.

What law firm did they hire? The most expensive ones in town? $100,000 in legal fees. All they needed was a civil right attorney, hell, a public defender could have probably won that case.

Honestly, all they really needed to do was talk to the woman’s supervisor, or filed a complaint and they would have gotten her fired and resolved the issue, but, not in today’s liberal world. The only answer is litigation.
She was an elected official it’s not as easy as a boss saying your fired.

Let me correct the record here…the number of $240,000 is wrong, the actual number is $360,000. The court ordered her to pay an additional $260,000 on top of the $100,000 they had previously ordered her to pay.

So the breakdown here is they were awarded $14,000 for expenses and $246,000 in attorneys fees. The couple were awarded $50,000 each from the previous verdict. It also appears the coupe hired THREE law firms to represent them, if I read the court documents right. Again, a simple “let me speak to your supervisor” would have likely cleared it up, but nope, they had to have litigation…they must make this woman PAY!!!

Let me correct the record here…the number of $240,000 is wrong, the actual number is $360,000. The court ordered her to pay an additional $260,000 on top of the $100,000 they had previously ordered her to pay.

So the breakdown here is they were awarded $14,000 for expenses and $246,000 in attorneys fees. The couple were awarded $50,000 each from the previous verdict. It also appears the coupe hired THREE law firms to represent them, if I read the court documents right. Again, a simple “let me speak to your supervisor” would have likely cleared it up, but nope, they had to have litigation…they must make this woman PAY!!!
Why not? A good cuckolding will get you deplorable whites to act right. :itsok:

She was an elected official it’s not as easy as a boss saying your fired.

So you’re saying there’s nobody above her? No board of appeals they could have gone to? Filed a complaint with the city? The ONLY option they had was litigation?

I’m sorry but I just can’t agree that this was a $360,000 issue….that is excessive.

Why not? A good cuckolding will get you deplorable whites to act right. :itsok:
Well, there’s punishment commensurate to the crime..that’s one…and 2, thanks for showing us that your view is that good ole revenge is the letter of your law, and 3…what does her being white have anything to do with this?? Like….at all…

Well, there’s punishment commensurate to the crime..that’s one…and 2, thanks for showing us that your view is that good ole revenge is the letter of your law, and 3…what does her being white have anything to do with this?? Like….at all…
Revenge? My motive is education. Can't you read? This ignorant Bingo needed to be educated on how to act in decent society and now she is.

So you’re saying there’s nobody above her? No board of appeals they could have gone to? Filed a complaint with the city? The ONLY option they had was litigation?

I’m sorry but I just can’t agree that this was a $360,000 issue….that is excessive.
I am saying it’s not as simple as righting a complaint to remove an elected official. It should have been a zero dollar issue because she should have just done her job to begin with.

Revenge? My motive is education. Can't you read? This ignorant Bingo needed to be educated on how to act in decent society and now she is.
lol, “that’ll make them whiteys act right”…somehow i don’t think that was in the spirit of education

So, i take it you also feel that the $360,000 judgment was right?

I am saying it’s not as simple as righting a complaint to remove an elected official. It should have been a zero dollar issue because she should have just done her job to begin with.

It would have been a zero dollar issue if they would have filed an appeal to the city, the commisoner, the city board, whoever it is that handles that.

Even if monetary damages were deemed appropriate, I think this amount was excessive.

It would have been a zero dollar issue if they would have filed an appeal to the city, the commisoner, the city board, whoever it is that handles that.

Even if monetary damages were deemed appropriate, I think this amount was excessive.
Well unfortunately you don’t get to make that call. She is paying the price for ignoring her responsibilities. I don’t feel sorry for her she was given multiple opportunities to do the right thing

lol, “that’ll make them whiteys act right”…somehow i don’t think that was in the spirit of education

So, i take it you also feel that the $360,000 judgment was right?
You think other bigots are going to want to risk a lawsuit given this outcome? Yea, I think financially fucking someone will learn them real fast. :laugh:

Well unfortunately you don’t get to make that call. She is paying the price for ignoring her responsibilities. I don’t feel sorry for her she was given multiple opportunities to do the right thing
You’re right, I don’t get to make that call, but I get to voice my opinion, just as you. I still think this is wrong…the judgement is excessive

You think other bigots are going to want to risk a lawsuit given this outcome? Yea, I think financially fucking someone will learn them real fast. :laugh:
Ahh, so this isn’t about “justice”, it’s about “teaching that woman a lesson she won’t forget”

Damned be the law, let’s just “get her!”

I have no problem with her paying the price as measured by what is fair and just, but your whole notion of “we have to make them learn a lesson” really seems more about a personal feeling rather than what’s right in the eyes of the law.

I suppose you’re entitled to your own opinion though. This is a free country.

Forum List

Back