Four Supreme Court Justices Summarize How June's Gay-Marriage Decision Was Improper/Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality disagrees with you

Nope, there are only marriage laws. No gay marriage law exists in any state in the unioun.

If I am in error, just cite it.

That is reality.
You are right...gay marriage laws do not exist in any state in the unioun [sic]. Just marriage laws.

I'm not sure why that's even debateable
Now it isn't. Might want to look at the OP with puzzlement on your face.

Maybe, yet I'm still seeking how to keep family members from marriage since the law itself seems to apply arbitrary standards.

Tell you what Pops.....do this:

Take your mother down to the court house and tell them that you and she want to get a marriage license because, now that gays can marry, you two can also. One of two things will happen...

1. They issue a marriage license in which case you can post it here and we will say,...gee pops, YOU were right.

2. They hold you and/or your mom for psychiatric observation in which case you will just shut the fuck up with your inane horseshit.

Deal??

So something that done as part of the official duties of a judge cannot be a basis for recusal? Like, for example, presiding over a lawful marriage ceremony.

Were they lawful? A judge only performs civil marriages, right?

Civil Marriages: Maryland no longer employs Justices of the Peace to perform civil ceremonies. Instead, Only a Clerk of the Circuit Court or an appointed, designated Deputy Clerk of the Circuit Court may perform civil ceremonies. The hours, location and fees for a civil ceremony vary from county to county. Visit the circuit courts website to locate the Clerk of the Circuit Court in your county.

Maryland Marriage License Laws > MD Wedding Officiants

In DC a judge is good to go.
And?

Looks like Stotomayor officiated a sham marriage, according to the MD link, she wasn't authorized by the state to do it.
Oh...why was she not authorized to do it?

Read the damn link.
I did...here's one for you:

State Marriage Laws

Were they lawful? A judge only performs civil marriages, right?

Civil Marriages: Maryland no longer employs Justices of the Peace to perform civil ceremonies. Instead, Only a Clerk of the Circuit Court or an appointed, designated Deputy Clerk of the Circuit Court may perform civil ceremonies. The hours, location and fees for a civil ceremony vary from county to county. Visit the circuit courts website to locate the Clerk of the Circuit Court in your county.

Maryland Marriage License Laws > MD Wedding Officiants

In DC a judge is good to go.
And?

Looks like Stotomayor officiated a sham marriage, according to the MD link, she wasn't authorized by the state to do it.

Read the damn link.

State Marriage Laws

Yep, and a supreme court justice fits no where in their definition of a judge.

So much Butt hurt by Conservatives in this thread.

They still fear that someone will force them to marry a gay person.
No what we fear is a tyrannical government forcing the acceptance of a dirty disgusting life style.
Actually no one is forcing you to accept anything. In fact no one gives a fuck what you accept. Just mind you own damned business and let other live their lives the way that you are allowed to live yours.

Who am I to argue with this?

The question I posed weeks ago is this:

What is the States Compelling interest in denying anyone their fundamental right to marriage:

Marriage does not include sexual contact as a qualification

Marriage does not include love, faithfulness, loyalty or any other emotion to qualify to marry.

Since this is a 14th amendment case, citing its equal protection clause, tell me how anyone could be excluded as participants.

Why should we repeat ourselves- since you refuse to accept what anyone says other than yourself?

You have asked- and been answered.

You just don't like the answers.

You failed to present a answer that would hold water. But you go on repeating yourself and thinking you have anything to offer

I quoted a judge- who stated very clearly the reasons she found bans on incest and polygamy different than the bans on same gender marriage.

You reject what judges say- you reject what anyone else here has said- you have brought up the same issue in thread after thread

By the evidence we do have- you are not likely to ever accept anything other than what you already believe.

And I requested what the societal safety net she spoke of was.

You had no answer, you just got emotional and went off on one of your famous tangents.

Now, care to explain what that societal safety net is when the Obergfell decision was based on the 14th amendments equal protection clause that guarentees due process.

How this "safety net" can exist with a law that creates a partnership that does not require sexual contact at all?

I expect further deflection from you, but hey, you might surprise everyone.

Well feel free to ask her what that societal safety net is.

I have provided her answer- you don't accept it.

Nor do you accept any answer that is different from your own conviction.

You provided a quote about a societal safety net, which excluded what that net was.

So your answer was, cuz she said so? Even though you have no clue what it means?

It did mean that family members would not be able to marry, but because Obergfell took the qualification of One Male to One a Woman, we know that now:

Iowa, previously did not allow family marriage entirely, now looks as though same sex relatives can, and

Maryland, allows same sex male relatives open to marriage.

The ruling created a mess with these states as well as the many states that allow first cousin marriage. Straight first cousins MUST reach a certain age or prove infertility, while same sex cousins could easily make the case that the requirement is frivolous.

Read the damn link.

State Marriage Laws

Wait...you are going to assert that Maryland doesn't permit Supreme Court Justices to marry people in their state? :rofl: The State right next to Washington DC?

Nope, there are only marriage laws. No gay marriage law exists in any state in the unioun.

If I am in error, just cite it.

That is reality.
You are right...gay marriage laws do not exist in any state in the unioun [sic]. Just marriage laws.

Maybe, yet I'm still seeking how to keep family members from marriage since the law itself seems to apply arbitrary standards.

Take your mother down to the court house and tell them that you and she want to get a marriage license because, now that gays can marry, you two can also. One of two things will happen...

1. They issue a marriage license in which case you can post it here and we will say,...gee pops, YOU were right.

2. They hold you and/or your mom for psychiatric observation in which case you will just shut the fuck up with your inane horseshit.

Deal??

How bout this, have the Supreme Court do their job and fix the mess they created.

Oh, my mother is dead, let's try to keep family members out of this. So, no one is claiming you can marry the dead.

And you bringing mental illness into this is strictly deflection. I will not be pulled into your nonsense.

Deal??

How bout this, have the Supreme Court do their job and fix the mess they created.

Oh, my mother is dead, let's try to keep family members out of this. So, no one is claiming you can marry the dead.

And you bringing mental illness into this is strictly deflection. I will not be pulled into your nonsense.
What mess has the Supreme Court created?

Deal??

The mess in his head. For some reason, he blames the Supreme Court for that. :dunno:

Read the damn link.

State Marriage Laws

Wait...you are going to assert that Maryland doesn't permit Supreme Court Justices to marry people in their state? :rofl: The State right next to Washington DC?

Do you lack the ability to read how they defined a qualified judge in the law?

Deal??

Iowa law seems to allow same sex family members to marry

Maryland law seems to allow male family members to marry

Wisconsin and several other states allow first cousins to marry if:

1. They have reached a certain age where procreation would be unlikely, or

2. They can prove infertility.

Now, it would be an undo burdon to make same sex cousins wait or prove infertility (duh) so it would appear they are free to do so at will.

There are others, but I will stick with just those for now.

Deal??

The mess in his head. For some reason, he blames the Supreme Court for that. :dunno:

Interesting content, really it is.

So what is the societal safety net that remained after the Supreme Court ruled in Obergfell?

You can do something no one else has been able to do.......

Read the damn link.

State Marriage Laws

Let us clarify. You wish to state for the record that a U.S. Supreme Court Justice cannot legally marry anyone in the state of Maryland?

Deal??

So what is the societal safety net that remained after the Supreme Court ruled in Obergfell?

The "societal safety net" *chuckle.

Deal??

The "societal safety net" *chuckle.

I know right!

I chucked when Syriously kept quoting federal judge Crabb but couldn't come up with what that might be.

You got any idea what the hell he was talking about?

I keep aking him, and he's got nuttin

Read the damn link.

State Marriage Laws

Let us clarify. You wish to state for the record that a U.S. Supreme Court Justice cannot legally marry anyone in the state of Maryland?

Not in accordance with how they define a judge in the statute. Feel free to point out where the statute includes a supreme court justice, I don't see it.

State Marriage Laws

Not in accordance with how they define a judge in the statute. Feel free to point out where the statute includes a supreme court justice, I don't see it.
So...your definitive answer is that a Justice of the Supreme Court is not allowed to perform marriages in the state of Maryland. I've got that right?

So...your definitive answer is that a Justice of the Supreme Court is not allowed to perform marriages in the state of Maryland. I've got that right?

Asked and answered, you have yet to provide evidence otherwise.

Asked and answered, you have yet to provide evidence otherwise.
(a) Authorized officials.-

(1) In this subsection, "judge" means:

(i) a judge of the District Court, a circuit court, the Court of Special Appeals, or the Court of Appeals;

(ii) a judge approved under Article IV, § 3A of the Maryland Constitution and § 1-302 of the Courts Article for recall and assignment to the District Court, a circuit court, the Court of Special Appeals, or the Court of Appeals;

(iii) a judge of a United States District Court, a United States Court of Appeals, or the United States Tax Court; or

(iv) a judge of a state court if the judge is active or retired but eligible for recall.

(2) A marriage ceremony may be performed in this State by:

(i) any official of a religious order or body authorized by the rules and customs of that order or body to perform a marriage ceremony;

(ii) any clerk;

(iii) any deputy clerk designated by the county administrative judge of the circuit court for the county; or

(iv) a judge.

Are you saying a Supreme Court Justice is not a judge?

Let's just let the absurdity of that one hang in the air for a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back