four texas gun-toting "activists" scare fast-food employees into hiding in freezer

No, Pogo, the point doesn't fly over my head.

I merely assert that the point is moot, and I speculate that it will not be allowed by Gun Rights folk to be effectively utilized by Gun-Grabber folk to advance their agenda.

Big difference.
wink_smile.gif

I would have thought that that much was obvious and did not require explicit articulation.

Can a red herring be moot though?

There is no point of contention that open carry is the law in Texas. That's not what the story is about. The actual story is about human judgment. Not the law.

We've even got one guy here (Sarge) who insists that while one set of citizens should have no restrictions on their carrying of firearms, another set of citizens should have restrictions on how they view that.

Now that's scary.
No, Pogo, I was saying that the (as you phrased it) so-called and subjective 'human judgment' is the point which is moot, in this instance, because it is just that - subjective.

Consequently, when faced with subjective and diverse opinion on the matter, one is obliged to fall back upon fact (of law, in this instance) rather than anecdotal and subjective opinion as to what is and is not appropriate.

You and others are free to view it in any way you wish.

As are those who are busy counterpointing you in this matter.

And, view what you will, none of that signifies.

That particular jurisdiction still enjoys Open-Carry privileges (rights).

Gun-grabber opinions on the subject are apparently not going to be allowed to dominate in future discussions about subsequent and related legislation.

This is, in all probability, and in the larger scheme of things, a good thing.

Subjective judgment it is, as judgments must be. But that is the point of the story. Moreover the law has no bearing on subjective judgments, so falling back on it is of no avail in judging the judgment. One has only circumstances: what happened in the moment. What the law is has no bearing on one's reaction to those circumstances; it only prescribes (or doesn't prescribe) a remedy in the event they were wronged. In this case there is no law (or wrong) to apply, therefore the nature of the law is moot.

IMHO.

Only if the definition of "brandish" has changed to "carry".....

Oops. Guess not.

I can't speak for other states, but here in the Northeast it's not Brandishing that you get charged with, it's Menacing, which is defined as pretty much any act (including wearing a firearm that is visible to anyone else) that makes another person feel threatened for their immediate security or health. Carrying around a baseball bat in the presence of someone you just had an arguement with meets the criteria as well.

Basically, it is a thoughtcrime.

Only if the definition of "brandish" has changed to "carry".....

Oops. Guess not.

I can't speak for other states, but here in the Northeast it's not Brandishing that you get charged with, it's Menacing, which is defined as pretty much any act (including wearing a firearm that is visible to anyone else) that makes another person feel threatened for their immediate security or health. Carrying around a baseball bat in the presence of someone you just had an arguement with meets the criteria as well.

Basically, it is a thoughtcrime.

He doesn't live in an open carry State.

In the mid 60's in Dallas enough robberies were done with shotguns. Enough so that police were carrying them in their cars. Ok, that was 50 years ago; but not many Texans have ever been considered fast learners.

I'm as pro-Second Amendment as anyone, but these four butt clowns are NOT the guys I want advancing arguments for the Right to Bear Arms:

Rheana Murray, ABC News—Fast food employees who thought they were being robbed by a group of gun-toting men locked themselves in a freezer to hide, police said.

It turned out the men, some of them from the group Open Carry Texas, were just staging a demonstration of their right to bear arms, Fort Worth, Texas, Police Sgt. Raymond Bush told ABCNews.com.

“When police showed up, there were four to six men carrying rifles,” he said. “The employees were in fear for their lives.”

No arrests were made and the gun owners went home after their demonstration.

Employees spotted the men outside the restaurant. Once police arrived and reassured the workers they were in no danger, at least one employee posed with the group for a photo.

The demonstration was staged by Open Carry Tarrant County, the local chapter of Open Carry Texas, OCT's CJ Grisham told ABCNews.com.

Grisham denied reports employees hid in the freezer, claiming they were the result of a customer's false 911 call.

"There are a lot of people in that area who completely disagree with gun rights," he said. "They have been doing this to us for months now - call the police with false reports of us waving around guns, scaring people."

Fort Worth police said they stand by their report.

Open Carry Texas, which often stages demonstrations, says its mission is to educate Texans about gun safety and encourage citizens to feel safe around gun owners who bear arms in public.

Gun Advocates Spook Fast Food Workers Into Hiding in Freezer

I don't know who these "patriots" think they are, but where I come from, we call them TERRORISTS.

Another case of "Conservative" under the definition "Unwilling to change", not monetary.

In modern society, few people are scared enough to carry openly even though it's not against the law. There isn't much to fear here in America, unless a source creates that fear.

Some people feel more FREE when no one is carrying a gun through the mall for everyone to see because in America today, violence isn't like a 3rd world Country.

Yet others, "Libertarians", think it's necessary for Children to carry AK-47's in the mall because that is true freedom and uninhibited Liberty. (Note; Libertarians don't THINK about politics, they just use Liberty as a reference guide.)

And I personally feel Liberated in a Country where I can be in public and not have to worry about the sketchy guy with the gun on his hip.

ZAH_africa_LW-20130529205013573861-620x349.jpg

THIS VIDEO SHOULD SAY IT ALL, if not.....you are lost
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0]REGULATION VACATION CELEBRATION! - YouTube[/ame]

I'm as pro-Second Amendment as anyone, but these four butt clowns are NOT the guys I want advancing arguments for the Right to Bear Arms:

Rheana Murray, ABC News—Fast food employees who thought they were being robbed by a group of gun-toting men locked themselves in a freezer to hide, police said.

It turned out the men, some of them from the group Open Carry Texas, were just staging a demonstration of their right to bear arms, Fort Worth, Texas, Police Sgt. Raymond Bush told ABCNews.com.

“When police showed up, there were four to six men carrying rifles,” he said. “The employees were in fear for their lives.”

No arrests were made and the gun owners went home after their demonstration.

Employees spotted the men outside the restaurant. Once police arrived and reassured the workers they were in no danger, at least one employee posed with the group for a photo.

The demonstration was staged by Open Carry Tarrant County, the local chapter of Open Carry Texas, OCT's CJ Grisham told ABCNews.com.

Grisham denied reports employees hid in the freezer, claiming they were the result of a customer's false 911 call.

"There are a lot of people in that area who completely disagree with gun rights," he said. "They have been doing this to us for months now - call the police with false reports of us waving around guns, scaring people."

Fort Worth police said they stand by their report.

Open Carry Texas, which often stages demonstrations, says its mission is to educate Texans about gun safety and encourage citizens to feel safe around gun owners who bear arms in public.

Gun Advocates Spook Fast Food Workers Into Hiding in Freezer

I don't know who these "patriots" think they are, but where I come from, we call them TERRORISTS.

Another case of "Conservative" under the definition "Unwilling to change", not monetary.

In modern society, few people are scared enough to carry openly even though it's not against the law. There isn't much to fear here in America, unless a source creates that fear.

Some people feel more FREE when no one is carrying a gun through the mall for everyone to see because in America today, violence isn't like a 3rd world Country.

Yet others, "Libertarians", think it's necessary for Children to carry AK-47's in the mall because that is true freedom and uninhibited Liberty. (Note; Libertarians don't THINK about politics, they just use Liberty as a reference guide.)

And I personally feel Liberated in a Country where I can be in public and not have to worry about the sketchy guy with the gun on his hip.

ZAH_africa_LW-20130529205013573861-620x349.jpg

THIS VIDEO SHOULD SAY IT ALL, if not.....you are lost
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0]REGULATION VACATION CELEBRATION! - YouTube[/ame]

Another example of an idiot. No one is arming children in the US nor are they forming armies or drafting children to fight in them. In those States where it is legal to open carry people are exercising their LEGAL and Constitutional right to do so.

And the response from the left? Lies, misinformation and terror. Be specific cite for us where anyone has been shot threatened or harmed by open carry. BE SPECIFIC. Provide links cites and pictures. List arrest records and court cases.

You lot have been claiming for years that open carry would lead to wild west shoot outs between drivers, pedestrians, shoppers and just about anybody that open carried. And yet after all these years it has NEVER happened. NOT ONCE. And it is not happening in Texas right now.

In fact the ONLY people inciting to violence is the left with calls for store clerks and fast food workers to shoot law abiding citizens.

Your concession is duly noted.

Having been in what would be dangerous places for a scared boy like you, there is no need to concede. And I have been in Texas, too many paranoid White people.

I doubt you've ever been in a "scary" place. I know for a fact you won't come down to the third ward for one night.

Scary for you is anywhere that you cannot bring your gun. You must get really paranoid in the shower.

And for once you are right, these places were not scary, for me. You would have been petrified with fear being in these places unarmed.

Last edited:
Not as much as having to carry a gun because you are scared says.

Well with the crime rates in some areas it would be stupid not to carry self defense protection.

I carry 24/7/365, have been for over ten years and I'm not scared of a damn thing!

Then --- why are you carrying?

And how do you ever take a shower? Ewww.

Because he is to cowardly to face the world without a weapon.

I have been in the Ninth Ward, for eight nights — touring with a traveling carnival.

We lived by the rules of the street. And very few of us carried guns.

I don't think you're as tough as you claim to be.

There is no ninth ward in Houston, there is only six.

There is in New Orleans.

And it's just as, if not more, dangerous than Houston.

Take a walk through it sometime without your firearm.

Bet you won't.

When I was a musician, when in New Orleans we used to go to the ninth ward to score drugs. We used to have a good time there. If you act like you are streetwise and not scared, you can go almost anywhere.

Having been in what would be dangerous places for a scared boy like you, there is no need to concede. And I have been in Texas, too many paranoid White people.

I doubt you've ever been in a "scary" place. I know for a fact you won't come down to the third ward for one night.

Scary for you is anywhere that you cannot bring your gun. You must get really paranoid in the shower.

And for once you are right, these places were not scary, for me. You would have been petrified with fear being in these places unarmed.

Stop projecting. No place scares me not even the third ward. A place that you would not dare to tread at night.

Stop projecting. No place scares me not even the third ward. A place that you would not dare to tread at night.

What is there to do in the third ward at night other than buy drugs?

There is no ninth ward in Houston, there is only six.

There is in New Orleans.

And it's just as, if not more, dangerous than Houston.

Take a walk through it sometime without your firearm.

Bet you won't.

You're right. I won't.

I am not as stupid nor as naïve as the idiots that think the streets in these places are safe. But if I was a black man, I wouldn't have a problem walking through the ninth ward. Are you a black man? Or just a lying white guy?

What is there to do in the third ward at night other than buy drugs?

You can hang out at the corner store and drink malt liquor.

You can hang out at the corner store and drink malt liquor.

Well, I can see why you want to go there

I drive through there regularly and it's what I observe not what I do. But I wouldn't expect a moron like yourself to understand.

You have been bragging about how tough you are going into the third ward because you have a gun

My only question is why?

Most people avoid those areas whether they have a gun or not. What reason do you have for being there?

-- Who the hell suggested that?

I'm saying, you like that theory? Then try thinking it through.

Duh?

That would be the pro government scumbag that denies he is a pro government scumbag.

^^ Still butthurt that I challenged him to document that and he can't do it because he pulled it out of his ass... :eusa_boohoo:
I did. AND explained it in easy words for you since it went over your thick noggin. Carrying a firearm isn't a threat. The poster said employees should be armed and decide what the threat is. Why mention that if not to make the case the protesters could have been shot for merely carrying?

Your problem is that you really aren't very bright, all you do is insult other peoples' intellect in the hopes some like you will approve and think it makes you smart. It doesn't. That pee that runs down your leg when you see a gun isn't the gun's fault. It isn't the gun owner's fault. It isn't the law's fault. It's your own fear and inadequacy you need to deal with and no one else's problem.

Forum List

Back