four texas gun-toting "activists" scare fast-food employees into hiding in freezer

More LIB bull shit.
The 'fast food' store doesn't even have a "freezer" large enough to put one fucking midget in. It's a fucking chest freezer.
The "freezer" which it turned out the employees NEVER "locked" themselves in and told the cops as much turned out to be a 'walk-in' cooler which BTW is, according to the law NOT able to be "locked" from inside. This is to prevent anyone, like a kid from locking themselves in accidentally and not then not being able to unlock the door then dying from hypothermia.

Right, because the whole point of this thread is the construction of the freezer door.

:rolleyes:

It's not a freezer dumbass. That was his point.

You idiots don't know the difference between a freezer and a walk-in cooler.

You're right. I won't.

I am not as stupid nor as naïve as the idiots that think the streets in these places are safe. But if I was a black man, I wouldn't have a problem walking through the ninth ward. Are you a black man? Or just a lying white guy?

I'll say this, having lived in New Orleans...
"black man" and "white man" don't mean quite the same thing there as they do in, say, Texas. Broadly speaking, they're less different.

What the fuck does that even mean?

What is the meaning of "black man" and "white man" everywhere else except Texas?

I'm saying that, culturally speaking, the races aren't as far apart in New Orleans as they are elsewhere. Certainly not saying racism doesn't exist but there are more and deeper avenues of communication and understanding between them. In a word they're friendlier.

And why is that?

Because they have more of a history of interaction and less of a history of isolating themselves from each other, pointing out the window and going, "look at the scary black/white man" -- that's why.

Again -- it all comes down to this paranoid "us versus them" mentality. That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. And this just in -- it's not mandatory.

Last edited:
There is in New Orleans.

And it's just as, if not more, dangerous than Houston.

Take a walk through it sometime without your firearm.

Bet you won't.

You're right. I won't.

I am not as stupid nor as naïve as the idiots that think the streets in these places are safe. But if I was a black man, I wouldn't have a problem walking through the ninth ward. Are you a black man? Or just a lying white guy?

"black man" and "white man" don't mean quite the same thing there as they do in, say, Texas. Broadly speaking, they're less different.

I bet I know where you got your shoes.

More LIB bull shit.
The 'fast food' store doesn't even have a "freezer" large enough to put one fucking midget in. It's a fucking chest freezer.
The "freezer" which it turned out the employees NEVER "locked" themselves in and told the cops as much turned out to be a 'walk-in' cooler which BTW is, according to the law NOT able to be "locked" from inside. This is to prevent anyone, like a kid from locking themselves in accidentally and not then not being able to unlock the door then dying from hypothermia.

Right, because the whole point of this thread is the construction of the freezer door.

:rolleyes:

It's not a freezer dumbass. That was his point.

You idiots don't know the difference between a freezer and a walk-in cooler.

WOW. Must be extra foggy in Texas today.

YaeXR.gif

You're right. I won't.

I bet I know where you got your shoes.

-- Exactly. ;)

Uh - that's not your post, Kondor. I'm talkng to Sarge there. You're conflating his point with your own.
My bad... sorry... I thought you were talking to Sarge, about a point that I was supposedly making... I was wrong.

That's true everywhere. It's all about attitude and psychology. If you walk around looking nonthreatening, you won't be bothered. Walk around packing looking for trouble, and you'll get your wish that way too. Why, of those two choices, one would choose the latter course is damned mysterious.
...because no hipster has ever been killed or hurt? :cuckoo:

That is only their deluded PR anti-gun bullshit.

If that kind of shit really worked then the Secret Service wouldn't have to arm themselves to defend the President.

You have been bragging about how tough you are going into the third ward because you have a gun

My only question is why?

Most people avoid those areas whether they have a gun or not. What reason do you have for being there?

More interestingly he's been describing the place from the POV of an "observer", not from direct experience. Impressions in the imagination, carefully assayed through a moving body of tempered safety glass surrounded by two tons of steel. What a reliable source.

See -- that's the same tired old "us and them" mentality. Surround yourself in your little bubble and make up stories about the Morlocks. God forbid actually interacting with them.

You have no idea what my experiences are.

But that never stopped fools like him from running his damned mouth anyway.

It's because of the Pogos of the world that we used to have dueling, and so many of the fools died they finally had to make dueling illegal.

Shame.

That's true everywhere. It's all about attitude and psychology. If you walk around looking nonthreatening, you won't be bothered. Walk around packing looking for trouble, and you'll get your wish that way too. Why, of those two choices, one would choose the latter course is damned mysterious.

If that kind of shit really worked then the Secret Service wouldn't have to arm themselves to defend the President.

Riiiiight, because no matter who the President is, everybody likes him and finds him nonthreatening.

Screwball.

What is the meaning of "black man" and "white man" everywhere else except Texas?

I'm saying that, culturally speaking, the races aren't as far apart in New Orleans as they are elsewhere. Certainly not saying racism doesn't exist but there are more and deeper avenues of communication and understanding between them. In a word they're friendlier.

And why is that?

Because they have more of a history of interaction and less of a history of isolating themselves from each other, pointing out the window and going, "look at the scary black/white man" -- that's why.

Again -- it all comes down to this paranoid "us versus them" mentality. That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. And this just in -- it's not mandatory.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You should speak from your own personal knowledge and stop trying to speak for others.

Riiiiight, because no matter who the President is, everybody likes him and finds him nonthreatening.

Screwball.

Isn't that what you said worked, and no need for guns?

lol, you fucking retarded monkey.

You have been bragging about how tough you are going into the third ward because you have a gun

My only question is why?

Most people avoid those areas whether they have a gun or not. What reason do you have for being there?

More interestingly he's been describing the place from the POV of an "observer", not from direct experience. Impressions in the imagination, carefully assayed through a moving body of tempered safety glass surrounded by two tons of steel. What a reliable source.

See -- that's the same tired old "us and them" mentality. Surround yourself in your little bubble and make up stories about the Morlocks. God forbid actually interacting with them.

True. The most we have is what you say they are:
I drive through there regularly and it's what I observe not what I do

You wanna change your story now?

I just briefly dropped in, and am not really interested in reading all the back posts, but has this thread degenerated into, "Houston has more dangerous criminals than New Orleans"?

That's what always amused me about Texas. If you were to say, "My state has the most polluted industrial area in the country, a Texas would say, "That's nothing! The Houston ship channel is worse, by far". If you were to say, The azaleas in Georgia are beautiful", the Texan will say, "That's because you have not seen the bluebonnets next to I-10!"

:lol:

And why is that?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You should speak from your own personal knowledge and stop trying to speak for others.

That's exactly what I did. Perhaps you glossed over the part where I introduced this with the words "having lived in New Orleans". The phrase is still back there though.

Anyway - when I get nothing deeper than "you don't know what you're talking about" I know I've hit paydirt. Thanks.

True. The most we have is what you say they are:
I drive through there regularly and it's what I observe not what I do

You wanna change your story now?

No I stand by what I said. But why do you feel the need to take what I said out of context?

I said that in response to RW after he asked what to people do there besides sell/buy drugs. I said they sit at the corner store drinking malt liquor. He asked if that was what I did or something to that effect and I answered with the quote you posted.

You people cannot help yourselves from being dishonest. I truly pity you fools.

I just briefly dropped in, and am not really interested in reading all the back posts, but has this thread degenerated into, "Houston has more dangerous criminals than New Orleans"?

That's what always amused me about Texas. If you were to say, "My state has the most polluted industrial area in the country, a Texas would say, "That's nothing! The Houston ship channel is worse, by far". If you were to say, The azaleas in Georgia are beautiful", the Texan will say, "That's because you have not seen the bluebonnets next to I-10!"

Nah. We're really on the idea of cultural interaction versus isolation. I've taken the former side against the isolationists. They're viewing me through their kevlar bunker and taking aim. From a safe distance of course.

And why is that?

You know this because you have been every where else in the universe, and discovered that your impression of New Orleans is the only one that matters, despite the fact that anyone who is halfway competent can destroy it by pointing to the same avenues of communication in every place people of different aces hang out. I personally remember a group of men at an inner city housing project in Fort Worth that went out of their way to make sure to welcome any man, no matter what his color, into the project and explain how the rules were different within the bounds of that community. Men were expected to stay home, take care of their children, and contribute a couple of hour a month to community projects like picking up trash and maintaining the park.

Funny thing, drug use and violent crime in that complex was lower than any other housing project in the city, and most of the kids actually stayed in school, all because the community got together and didn't listen to all the experts them told them they didn't have a chance.

And you wonder why I treat your posts with complete and utter contempt.

Last edited:

Nah. We're really on the idea of cultural interaction versus isolation. I've taken the former side against the isolationists. They're viewing me through their kevlar bunker and taking aim. From a safe distance of course.

Oh well....Carry on.

Forum List

Back