four texas gun-toting "activists" scare fast-food employees into hiding in freezer

I'm as pro-Second Amendment as anyone, but these four butt clowns are NOT the guys I want advancing arguments for the Right to Bear Arms:

Rheana Murray, ABC News—Fast food employees who thought they were being robbed by a group of gun-toting men locked themselves in a freezer to hide, police said.

It turned out the men, some of them from the group Open Carry Texas, were just staging a demonstration of their right to bear arms, Fort Worth, Texas, Police Sgt. Raymond Bush told ABCNews.com.

“When police showed up, there were four to six men carrying rifles,” he said. “The employees were in fear for their lives.”

No arrests were made and the gun owners went home after their demonstration.

Employees spotted the men outside the restaurant. Once police arrived and reassured the workers they were in no danger, at least one employee posed with the group for a photo.

The demonstration was staged by Open Carry Tarrant County, the local chapter of Open Carry Texas, OCT's CJ Grisham told ABCNews.com.

Grisham denied reports employees hid in the freezer, claiming they were the result of a customer's false 911 call.

"There are a lot of people in that area who completely disagree with gun rights," he said. "They have been doing this to us for months now - call the police with false reports of us waving around guns, scaring people."

Fort Worth police said they stand by their report.

Open Carry Texas, which often stages demonstrations, says its mission is to educate Texans about gun safety and encourage citizens to feel safe around gun owners who bear arms in public.

Gun Advocates Spook Fast Food Workers Into Hiding in Freezer

I don't know who these "patriots" think they are, but where I come from, we call them TERRORISTS.

It could have been fun if one or more of the employees had a conceal-carry permit. :D

Lol, and you illustrate what an ignoramus and fool you are.

No CCW is going to draw down on an open carry dude, though your delusional fantasies may dwell on it.

That is the root of all libtard gun control; libtards afraid of guns being in the hands of common people because the libtards know the stupid shit that THEY THE LIBTARDS THEMELVES WOULD do if they carried.

Last edited:
How is an employee, or a homeowner for that matter, supposed to know at what point that gun becomes a threat?

When they point the gun at you with their finger on the trigger, idiot.

Can't be too safe

No, you cowards never can be.

Lets cut to the chase gun lovers

If two rednecks enter your store carrying shotguns and you feel threatened and shoot them, then the store employee should be prosecuted

However, if two black guys enter your store and you feel threatened and shoot them, the NRA will make you a hero

Yeah, lets cut to the chase; two people carrying guns into a store is not a threat to anyone in the store, you jack ass, and their race would be irrelevant.

Why are you libtards so fixated on everyones race? Because you are racists to the core of your every thought and emotion and so it colors everything you think on.

Last edited:
How the hell were the employees to know that the men with guns were law abiding citizens? I can understand their fear.

I can't.

I sat next to a guy carrying a gun in Starbucks right here in San Francisco once, I didn't once think he was going to pull it out and start shooting people.

There is always the possibility that he might.

And there is always the possibility you might one day have a reasonable thought..nah

This is the best evidence to date for why I do not agree with the idea of "open carry" at all. I personally carry a concealed firearm a high percentage of the time, but I do not and never will "open carry". It's not an effective means to promote the security of the society as a whole, and it causes more issues than it ever solves.

Some of these folks down in Texas need to get their heads out of their butts. If they really feel a need to carry a long gun wherever they're going, maybe they shouldn't be going to that location to begin with.

Too bad the employees were not armed

They could have opened fire
and claimed they felt threatened. An employee has a right to stand his ground

I'm sure the NRA would have defended them

Yep, just another murderous PC Nazi, looking forward to some innocent people being killed in broad daylight.

You would have made a killer death camp guard, you fascist prick.

I wouln't wait for the gun to be pointed at me. If a pistol is out of the holster, I'm moving to cover, while drawig. If a longarm is not slung, same thing. It takes only 1/2 second to pivot and fire with a gun, or raise one and fire, so waiting until the thing's pointed at you is truly stupid.

I'm as pro-Second Amendment as anyone, but these four butt clowns are NOT the guys I want advancing arguments for the Right to Bear Arms:

Rheana Murray, ABC News—Fast food employees who thought they were being robbed by a group of gun-toting men locked themselves in a freezer to hide, police said.

It turned out the men, some of them from the group Open Carry Texas, were just staging a demonstration of their right to bear arms, Fort Worth, Texas, Police Sgt. Raymond Bush told ABCNews.com.

“When police showed up, there were four to six men carrying rifles,” he said. “The employees were in fear for their lives.”

No arrests were made and the gun owners went home after their demonstration.

Employees spotted the men outside the restaurant. Once police arrived and reassured the workers they were in no danger, at least one employee posed with the group for a photo.

The demonstration was staged by Open Carry Tarrant County, the local chapter of Open Carry Texas, OCT's CJ Grisham told ABCNews.com.

Grisham denied reports employees hid in the freezer, claiming they were the result of a customer's false 911 call.

"There are a lot of people in that area who completely disagree with gun rights," he said. "They have been doing this to us for months now - call the police with false reports of us waving around guns, scaring people."

Fort Worth police said they stand by their report.

Open Carry Texas, which often stages demonstrations, says its mission is to educate Texans about gun safety and encourage citizens to feel safe around gun owners who bear arms in public.

Gun Advocates Spook Fast Food Workers Into Hiding in Freezer

I don't know who these "patriots" think they are, but where I come from, we call them TERRORISTS.

"No arrests were made and the gun owners went home after their demonstration." They didn't break the law, they were merely exercising their rights. It's a shame that cowardly people see their behavior as anything other than normal.

I know it's hard for you libs, but you don't know if a guy is carrying a weapon concealed. The guy next to you in the store may have one. Your feelings of safety is an illusion that you enjoy, it isn't reality. I'm not a fan for open carry but here's the clue, if they point the weapons and say "give us your money and hamburgers", that's when arms are a threat. Their existence is not a threat.

I wouln't wait for the gun to be pointed at me. If a pistol is out of the holster, I'm moving to cover, while drawig. If a longarm is not slung, same thing. It takes only 1/2 second to pivot and fire with a gun, or raise one and fire, so waiting until the thing's pointed at you is truly stupid.

Can't be too careful

How do you know what the intent is of the guy entering your store. I say shoot first and ask questions later

Too bad the employees were not armed

They could have opened fire
and claimed they felt threatened. An employee has a right to stand his ground

I'm sure the NRA would have defended them

Yep, just another murderous PC Nazi, looking forward to some innocent people being killed in broad daylight.

You would have made a killer death camp guard, you fascist prick.

You are making minimum wage and your life is on the line. The time between a shotgun being slung and fired is a mere second. The clerk has a right to defend himself

Shoot first and ask questions later

Don't you value the second amendment rights of minimum wage clerks?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best evidence to date for why I do not agree with the idea of "open carry" at all. I personally carry a concealed firearm a high percentage of the time, but I do not and never will "open carry". It's not an effective means to promote the security of the society as a whole, and it causes more issues than it ever solves.

Some of these folks down in Texas need to get their heads out of their butts. If they really feel a need to carry a long gun wherever they're going, maybe they shouldn't be going to that location to begin with.
i agree with that and like in California they shot themselves in the foot by parading around making it an issue. The results were predictable and had the opposite desired effect. Open carry guys are a bit like talking to libs, they believe what they do and won't listen to reason.

I do think it's appropriate out in the woods where animals don't know the difference and speed of access matters most but it public there's too many that will be put off by it.

How is an employee, or a homeowner for that matter, supposed to know at what point that gun becomes a threat?

Can't be too safe

If two rednecks enter your store carrying shotguns and you feel threatened and shoot them, then the store employee should be prosecuted

However, if two black guys enter your store and you feel threatened and shoot them, the NRA will make you a hero

That's disgusting, you racist pile of crap.

Just like the Bundy bunch - domestic terrorists.

But, they're also silly twits, using their guns as a replacement for their non-existent dicks.

They should have been charged.

Can't be charged if you haven't broken a law.

Not yet, anyway, but the PC Nazis are working to change that right as we speak.

for now, anyway, they don't have the support, so we must keep up the education efforts to thwart them.

Yeah, lets cut to the chase; two people carrying guns into a store is not a threat to anyone in the store, you jack ass, and their race would be irrelevant.

Why are you libtards so fixated on everyones race? Because you are racists to the core of your every thought and emotion and so it colors everything you think on.

Come on Jim Crowie

Lets talk race. We are allowed to do that

You are on a Jury and a clerk working the night shift at 7-11 tells how two black guys carrying guns entered the store and he was afraid for his life and fired

Are you going to convict him?

Be honest

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/16/us/florida-killing-over-loud-music.html?_r=0

Last edited:

i agree with that and like in California they shot themselves in the foot by parading around making it an issue. The results were predictable and had the opposite desired effect. Open carry guys are a bit like talking to libs, they believe what they do and won't listen to reason.

I do think it's appropriate out in the woods where animals don't know the difference and speed of access matters most but it public there's too many that will be put off by it.

Nah, its just that most people are brainwashed by TV and movies into thinking that no one carries a gun except cops and criminals.

If they don't know that a concealed carry is next to them in line at the checkout counter and don't freak out that is not any credit to them; the issue is merely avoided because they are ignorant abut what is beside them.

If they know you were carrying concealed due to the guns imprint they would freak out just as much.

In fact in some states the mere imprint of the gun showing is illegal.

Do you like that law too?

Come on Jim Crowie

Lets talk race. We are allowed to do that

You are on a Jury and a clerk working the night shift at 7-11 tells how two black guys carrying guns entered the store and he was afraid for his life and fired

Are you going to convict him?

Be honest

I would vote to convict sure as hell since merely carrying a gun is not a threat.

But if the defendent were a libtard PC Nazi like you, hell, I would vote guilty on anything the prosecutor put in front of us regardless of what the evidence might be. Just safeguarding our rights by doing so.

Forum List

Back