Fox News Host- "You can't trust Chinamen"

"The Five", the show on which the democrat uttered the slur, is not even a news show. It's an talk show about the news. The OP is misleading, to put it mildly.

"The Five", the show on which the democrat uttered the slur, is not even a news show. It's an talk show about the news. The OP is misleading, to put it mildly.

That's what most of Fox Noise is, and exactly why it has the ratings it does.

You've gotta get over this crutch where you can only think in broad brush groupthink generalizations

"I" can only think in groupthink generalizations? Dude, you just went through this whole rant without providing any example of anything, just your broad brush strokes. Synthahol said Bill Beckel is a Democrat, not a liberal, you joined on his behalf. I asked for specifics on what that means. You have an answer or not?

This fellow Beckel is the type from whom such commentary flows quite naturally, so I don't see any reason for the notoriety. It is in keeping with his personality and disposition and I'm sure he didn't mean anything malicious or offensive by it.

We older, former street-corner types recognize this style of speech to be rather ordinary, animated, and at most inviting of like rejoinder from the subject of the comment. So all this knee-jerk reaction to Beckel's beer-garden style of offhand observation is excessive and it encourages flavorless, boring speech habits.

He said, "Chinamen, which is what they were called back in the day when China was only a far-away place and the only Chinese who European/Americans ever saw were at the local laundry. He didn't say, "chink," or "gook" and there was nothing in his overall comment to suggest hostility toward or contempt for Chinese. Beckel was simply being Beckel, which is why he is on that panel. He is reminiscent of the guy five stools down in the 1950s gin mill who is expressing his opinion to all who might be interested. Our option is to either buy him a beer or to ignore him. And those of the PC generation who are intolerant of that non-PC generation and its now peculiar speech habits are invited in very specific terms to kiss our collective old ass.

Last edited:
You've gotta get over this crutch where you can only think in broad brush groupthink generalizations

"I" can only think in groupthink generalizations? Dude, you just went through this whole rant without providing any example of anything, just your broad brush strokes. Synthahol said Bill Beckel is a Democrat, not a liberal, you joined on his behalf. I asked for specifics on what that means. You have an answer or not?

I sure don't. I don't know jack squat about Bob (teen idol Bobby) Beckel and I it's not my yob to explain somebody else's point. As noted before all of my views in here have been based on the video because that's all I have and frankly, all I need. But I do know "Democrat" and "Liberal" are not synonyms. And I think you do too.

And you're lying anyway - a quick peek at post 137 reveals YOU are the one who conflated liberal with Democrat within the same person, and Synth called you on the false equation.

Last edited:
there was nothing in his overall comment to suggest hostility toward or contempt for Chinese.

Yes there was, you lying sack of shit. Listen to the clip.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, because obviously what he's saying is that Chinese come here, learn computers and go back to hack back in because their yellow peril genetics require them to.

Wacko.

Are you the same poster who asked me that the other day? Because that's been asked and answered. Seeing as how you didn't bother to read the post above I'm disinclined to repeat myself.
All Democrats are Liberals. That might've used to be different, and someday it may be different again, but today it's true.

Bullshit.

Know any Democrats who support Affirmative Action?

Bob's your uncle.

affirmative action is liberal.

And you're lying anyway - a quick peek at post 137 reveals YOU are the one who conflated liberal with Democrat within the same person, and Synth called you on the false equation.

No shit, that's where we are. Your reading skills could be improved. Of course I said they are the same, what are you talking about? I said they are the same, he said they are not, neither of you can explain the difference in terms of any policies, you can just spout hand waving BS. What do Democrats support that liberals do not or vice versa and why don't either of you sheep ever argue those here, you know, it being a political message board and all.

there was nothing in his overall comment to suggest hostility toward or contempt for Chinese.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, because obviously what he's saying is that Chinese come here, learn computers and go back to hack back in because their yellow peril genetics require them to.

Wacko.
Pogo,

What you see is why I have that nitwit, Unkotare, on Ignore.

He is incapable of understanding and accepting the glowing fragment of truth in Beckel's comment, which was delivered in a style of ironic humor which is common to Beckel's generation and circle. As I said, one has the option of buying Beckel a beer or ignoring his effort. But I'm sure he meant nothing malicious by it, because if malice was his intention there are other paths he could have followed.

All Democrats are Liberals. That might've used to be different, and someday it may be different again, but today it's true.

Bullshit.

Know any Democrats who support Affirmative Action?

Bob's your uncle.

affirmative action is liberal.

Uh no grasshopper, it's not.

To say "all men are created" is Liberal. To start passing laws forcing it to be practiced via quotas, is leftist. There is your difference. One is passivist; the other activist.

Which is kind of ironic since the guy who kick-started AA was Richard Nixon. So much for the fallacy of absolute black-and-white political labels.

Last edited:

Wacko.
Pogo,

What you see is why I have that nitwit, Unkotare, on Ignore.

He is incapable of understanding and accepting the glowing fragment of truth in Beckel's comment, which was delivered in a style of ironic humor which is common to Beckel's generation and circle. As I said, one has the option of buying Beckel a beer or ignoring his effort. But I'm sure he meant nothing malicious by it, because if malice was his intention there are other paths he could have followed.

I realise that; I have him on Ignore as well. I just have this weakness for rhetorical low-hanging fruit. He's still in hissyfit mode because he floated a fallacy and I called it out as such.

Hey ... let's think outside the box.

Maybe Dan Snyder could change the name of his NFL football team to the 'Washington Redchinamen'.

Wacko.

This has already been explained to you, disingenuous douche. That you keep pretending it hasn't strongly suggests that you are either incredibly stupid, incorrigibly dishonest, or both.

I think Beckel should be fired. FOX, of course, will disagree. The righties here too, I imagine. Fake Democrats are a precious thing to the right, to be cherished and paid well, not tossed aside lightly.
I believe they should fire him too.

However, I haven't heard any protest from the viewers of the FOXNEWS, so it will be business as usual.

You see how dishonest these people are?

Beckel isn't A HOST on fox news

he's a political (guest) and mouthpiece for the Democrats
According to Wiki, Beckel is one of the 5 co-hosts of the show...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_(TV_program)

He's featured as the first host on the FOXNEWS "The Five" webpage.

Hosts | The Five | Fox News

Ya dummy.

I think Beckel should be fired. FOX, of course, will disagree. The righties here too, I imagine. Fake Democrats are a precious thing to the right, to be cherished and paid well, not tossed aside lightly.

However, I haven't heard any protest from the viewers of the FOXNEWS, so it will be business as usual.

Ya dummy.

I think he should keep his job, as insensitive as it was, he should apologize and like every other dim wit, it keeps them on display of how not to act. I have said this for both party's.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Ya dummy.

Fire him for saying Chinamen? Damn I'm glad I don't work for you.

Wacko.

This has already been explained to you, disingenuous douche. That you keep pretending it hasn't strongly suggests that you are either incredibly stupid, incorrigibly dishonest, or both.

It's Pogo - both is a given..

Nobody watches "The Five", so it really doesn't matter what they say over there.

They had to put five of them on there so that no wingnut could say "Bob got lower ratings than Glen Beck!" (True, but you can sell commercials on it.)

NOthing said there matches the Crazy Beck did every day.

Nobody watches "The Five", so it really doesn't matter what they say over there.

They had to put five of them on there so that no wingnut could say "Bob got lower ratings than Glen Beck!" (True, but you can sell commercials on it.)

NOthing said there matches the Crazy Beck did every day.

You stand corrected
On October 3, 2011, after successful ratings and high popularity, Fox News announced that The Five would become the permanent 5p.m. series, as the program was previously announced to last only during the summer.[4]

For the second Friday in a row, Fox News’ The Five was the highest-rated cable news show in the 25-54 demo, this time with 321K viewers. The Kelly File on Fox was #2 with 283K followed by The O’Reilly Factor with 258K. The Five also beat its CNN and MSNBC competition combined in the demo and total viewers.

In total viewers, The Five came in second place with 2.117M behind only Bill O’Reilly’s show, which had 2.160M. Megyn Kelly came in third with 1.953M.
Cable News Ratings | June 13, 2014 | Mediaite

Forum List

Back