Fox News Host- "You can't trust Chinamen"

Biden made a value judgement, that Obama was the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

The value judgement is the implication is the rest of the African-Americans are not articulate, bright, clean or a nice guy, Obama is the first and so is he the only one? Are the rest inarticulate, not bright, not clean, not nice guys? African Americans up to Obama were less than he was, the could not speak, the weren't smart and on and on.

Well... no. Obviously he didn't mean the first African American anywhere ever. Your quote is taken out of its context.

The context was that he's analyzing the various Presidential candidates at the time (2007) so he's saying the first blah blah blah in a Presidential race. Which could also be a swipe at Jesse Jackson or Carol Moseley-Braun, if he even thought of that -- which is unlikely; Biden's a no-filter guy who talks like the baseball fan he is, which is why that phrasing is so colloquial ("that's storybook, man"). But the point is, he isn't saying that black people are normally inarticulate or stupid -- which would have been racist; he's saying that black Presidential candidates had been up to then. Context, m'boy.

Trying to squeeze racism out of these is pretty much doing what RetiredGySgt complained about with the teacher and the word "niggardly" -- contriving racism where none exists.

The 7-11 comment was stereotyping, which is also offensive.

Offensive to who? You know that he was talking to an ethnic Indian supporter at the time, right?

The 7-11 comment as worded is just stupid. It makes on sense on its face; obviously you can walk into one without an Indian accent or without speaking at all. What he was clumsily trying to say (again, context of the entire comment, which I believe was posted here earlier) was that Delaware was seeing an influx of Indian population. That makes no value judgment about Indians. If he had said Indians had taken over Dunkin' Donuts and 7-11s because that's all they're capable of, THEN you'd have a racist comment. Merely noting that they're highly represented there doesn't say that.

He didn't mention motels; he didn't mention the doctor population. Those are two more areas where Indians pop up in large numbers. It isn't racist to note that; it would be racist to ascribe some kind of cause-and-effect on account of race. That's not present here.

Nor is it in the word "Chinamen".

That is your opinion, I disagree.

OK. By all means, show where the value judgment is in either of those as a function of race.

Well... no. Obviously he didn't mean the first African American anywhere ever. Your quote is taken out of its context.

The context was that he's analyzing the various Presidential candidates at the time (2007) so he's saying the first blah blah blah in a Presidential race. Which could also be a swipe at Jesse Jackson or Carol Moseley-Braun, if he even thought of that -- which is unlikely; Biden's a no-filter guy who talks like the baseball fan he is, which is why that phrasing is so colloquial ("that's storybook, man"). But the point is, he isn't saying that black people are normally inarticulate or stupid -- which would have been racist; he's saying that black Presidential candidates had been up to then. Context, m'boy.

Trying to squeeze racism out of these is pretty much doing what RetiredGySgt complained about with the teacher and the word "niggardly" -- contriving racism where none exists.

Offensive to who? You know that he was talking to an ethnic Indian supporter at the time, right?

The 7-11 comment as worded is just stupid. It makes on sense on its face; obviously you can walk into one without an Indian accent or without speaking at all. What he was clumsily trying to say (again, context of the entire comment, which I believe was posted here earlier) was that Delaware was seeing an influx of Indian population. That makes no value judgment about Indians. If he had said Indians had taken over Dunkin' Donuts and 7-11s because that's all they're capable of, THEN you'd have a racist comment. Merely noting that they're highly represented there doesn't say that.

He didn't mention motels; he didn't mention the doctor population. Those are two more areas where Indians pop up in large numbers. It isn't racist to note that; it would be racist to ascribe some kind of cause-and-effect on account of race. That's not present here.

Nor is it in the word "Chinamen".

That is your opinion, I disagree.

OK. By all means, show where the value judgment is in either of those as a function of race.

Even in the context of black of Presidential candidates it was a slam on race. He didn't say all, candidates, he isolated black candidates. There is a value judgement on blacks running for President, not named Obama. You can justify and spin, however, it was insensitive and stupid and racist.

The stereotyping is an insult, just as implying blacks all like chicken or watermelon, if you don't get that then, you just don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Racism requires a value judgment, regardless who says it.

And there was a "value judgment" associated with the term as used in this instance, coming as it did in the middle of a diatribe against 'the Chinese.'

I did a weird thing and actually watched the video. He's ranting about what Chinese hackers are doing -- he doesn't say they do it because they're Chinese. ...

He said it in the context of a general tirade against 'the Chinese,' you disingenuous douche. He makes a point of saying "they come over here" and "they can wait." This hackneyed generalization about 'the inscrutable Chinese who can wait thousands of years to git ya' is part of a well-worn racist essentialization of an entire people. At the end of his ill-considered rant he expressly gives the 'fuck you' sign "to China," not "to Chinese computer hackers."

If you really "watched the video" you would have noted the reaction of his co-hosts as well as his own "oh shit, better try to take that back" realization that he had let himself go to far. If you had ever watched more than that one clip you'd know that Bobby regularly goes off on bigoted tangents - like so many emotional leftists.

Your weak attempts to spin on Bobby's behalf are pathetically ineffective.

Fox News Host- "You can't trust Chinamen"

Dude, he's a Democrat, a lib. He was Walter Mondale;'s campaign manager.

So Fox brings on libs, libs do things and that's on Fox? That they put you people on the air to say your views? LOL, what a douche.

He's hardly a Liberal.

Walter Mondale's campaign manager? This is how brain dead you people are, a liberal says something bigoted on Fox and you still blame Fox.
You see anyone to the Left of Ted Cruz as a Liberal, so your opinions are dismissed.

So seriously, Walter Mondale's campaign manager on Fox you see as representing the Right and not the Left. It's on the Republicans, not the Democrats. Walter Mondale's campaign manager. And he's always on the side of Democrats.

You are so full of :poop:

Walter Mondale's campaign manager? This is how brain dead you people are, a liberal says something bigoted on Fox and you still blame Fox.
You see anyone to the Left of Ted Cruz as a Liberal, so your opinions are dismissed.

So seriously, Walter Mondale's campaign manager on Fox you see as representing the Right and not the Left. It's on the Republicans, not the Democrats. Walter Mondale's campaign manager. And he's always on the side of Democrats.

See? You are incapable of honest discussion.

You start out calling him a Liberal, then when called on it, you call him a Democrat, and pretend it's the identical thing.

You'll NEVER catch me being this dishonest - I would call Susan Collins a Republican, but I would never call her a conservative.

See? You are incapable of honest discussion.

You start out calling him a Liberal, then when called on it, you call him a Democrat, and pretend it's the identical thing.

You'll NEVER catch me being this dishonest - I would call Susan Collins a Republican, but I would never call her a conservative.

Again, name me one current Democrat that isn't a liberal.

You start out calling him a Liberal, then when called on it, you call him a Democrat, and pretend it's the identical thing....

He calls himself a liberal, and he IS a democrat. Your reality-altering powers have failed you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back