FPC Wins “Assault Weapon” Lawsuit in Historic Victory for Second Amendment Rights

FPC Wins “Assault Weapon” Lawsuit in Historic Victory for Second Amendment Rights
4 Jun 2021
SAN DIEGO, CA (June 4, 2021) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) announced that Judge Roger T. Benitez of the Southern District of California has issued an opinion in Miller v. Bonta (previously Miller v. Becerra), holding that California’s tyrannical ban on so-called “assault weapons” is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. The opinion, along with other filings in this case, can be viewed at AssaultWeaponLawsuit.com.

In 2019, FPC developed and filed Miller v. Becerra, a federal Second Amendment challenge to California’s Assault Weapons Control Act (AWCA) ban on common semiautomatic arms with certain characteristics, including those with ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds. Throughout the lawsuit, FPC argued that the State’s ban prohibits arms that are constitutionally protected, no more lethal than other certain arms that are not banned, and commonly possessed and used for lawful purposes in the vast majority of the United States.
In the opinion, the Court ruled that many categories of firearms California bans as so-called “assault weapons” are protected by the Second Amendment, and that “[t]he Second Amendment stands as a shield from government imposition of that policy.”
~Snip~
“In his order today, Judge Benitez held what millions of Americans already know to be true: Bans on so-called ‘assault weapons’ are unconstitutional and cannot stand,” said FPC President Brandon Combs. “This historic victory for individual liberty is just the beginning, and FPC will continue to aggressively challenge these laws throughout the United States. We look forward to continuing this challenge at the Ninth Circuit and, should it be necessary, the Supreme Court.”

Comment:
These arguments of the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commie left ignore the fact that the very rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution for armed citizens, are the very same sections that allow armed cops and soldiers.

How is communism associated with the decision? There's no mention of a communist takeover to justify the weapons.

For what would your average citizen use that weapon for "lawful purposes".?

The guns are to PREVENT a communist takeover.

Duh.

Well, I've used my guns for pest control, killing birds, coyotes, beaver, Antelope, deer, hog, Elk using everything in my collection from 12 gauge, .22 cal, 5.56mm, 6mm, 7.62x39 mm, 30-30 cal and 30.06 including self protection, but I've never shoot a Communist unless it was in Nam and in the bush.
Even then I was using an "Assault Shotgun" in 12 gauge double 00 Buck shot.... gifted to me by a Marine at the Siagon Embassy. But I never used a M-16.
Therefore should all 12 gauge shotguns be banned from civilian use since they were used in battle during WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan and now in Syria.

BFD. The Founders wrote the 2nd to deal with an illegitimate government. The Bill of Rights is 9 limitations on what government can do to the individual, and one final option.

The founders did note do that. At those times for everyone to have th e right to have a gun was basically the country had something to protect itself with.
There was never an intention for illegitimate governments. That favourite catch cry was invented by those who wanted to stock the armoury for ego reasons.

As a Republican, you would have been bellowing about Biden being illegitimate etc. Why haven't you done something about him? No courage of your convictions? You said you have a right under the 2nd to do it so do it. See how good your are against the American military, tough guy.

They also said Obama wasn't even American also. That would have made him illegitimate also but no one fire a shot. The lot of you are all piss and wind.

Well, here's what the Founders had to say about it:

"To disarm the people…s the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.” – Noah Webster

“Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.” – James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434

“…the ultimate authority, wherever the derivative may be found, resides in the people alone…” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” – William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” – Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” – Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention

So now, who should I believe about what the Founding Fathers did and didn't intend? The Founding Fathers themselves, or the anti-gun crying pantywaist on the Internet?

Quoting all those must really stir all your inner patriotism. Hand on heart stuff.
Prancing around like a dog with two dicks. It's a shame it didnt include it's those same guns are responsible for daily mass slaughter. But who cares about that? It's those tyrannical Democrat presidents we must suppress at any cost. Small kids are just collateral damage to maintain our freedom.
Stirring stuff indeed.

You should definitely hold your breath waiting for your opinion and approval - or your existence - to somehow, magically, matter to me THIS time, despite my unwillingness to waste urine in pissing on you if you were on fire.

I'm proud to be an American and the heir to those great men, and I'm even prouder that I'm doing the exact opposite of what evil, ignorant trash like you wants. The more you hate it, the more you try to tell me that I'm a bad person by your standards and don't have your approval, the more correct I know I am.

And the next time you want to cry and piss your frillies in terror because people who aren't craven, dickless lickspittles like you have guns, at least be honest enough to admit that it's because of your own pathetic cowardice, rather than trying to use children as human shields. Children are in absolutely no danger from me or any other legal gun owner in the United States, and I don't believe for a second that you know or care about their actual safety.

4 Jun 2021
SAN DIEGO, CA (June 4, 2021) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) announced that Judge Roger T. Benitez of the Southern District of California has issued an opinion in Miller v. Bonta (previously Miller v. Becerra), holding that California’s tyrannical ban on so-called “assault weapons” is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. The opinion, along with other filings in this case, can be viewed at AssaultWeaponLawsuit.com.

In 2019, FPC developed and filed Miller v. Becerra, a federal Second Amendment challenge to California’s Assault Weapons Control Act (AWCA) ban on common semiautomatic arms with certain characteristics, including those with ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds. Throughout the lawsuit, FPC argued that the State’s ban prohibits arms that are constitutionally protected, no more lethal than other certain arms that are not banned, and commonly possessed and used for lawful purposes in the vast majority of the United States.
In the opinion, the Court ruled that many categories of firearms California bans as so-called “assault weapons” are protected by the Second Amendment, and that “[t]he Second Amendment stands as a shield from government imposition of that policy.”
~Snip~
“In his order today, Judge Benitez held what millions of Americans already know to be true: Bans on so-called ‘assault weapons’ are unconstitutional and cannot stand,” said FPC President Brandon Combs. “This historic victory for individual liberty is just the beginning, and FPC will continue to aggressively challenge these laws throughout the United States. We look forward to continuing this challenge at the Ninth Circuit and, should it be necessary, the Supreme Court.”

Comment:
These arguments of the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commie left ignore the fact that the very rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution for armed citizens, are the very same sections that allow armed cops and soldiers.

How is communism associated with the decision? There's no mention of a communist takeover to justify the weapons.

Duh.

Well, I've used my guns for pest control, killing birds, coyotes, beaver, Antelope, deer, hog, Elk using everything in my collection from 12 gauge, .22 cal, 5.56mm, 6mm, 7.62x39 mm, 30-30 cal and 30.06 including self protection, but I've never shoot a Communist unless it was in Nam and in the bush.
Even then I was using an "Assault Shotgun" in 12 gauge double 00 Buck shot.... gifted to me by a Marine at the Siagon Embassy. But I never used a M-16.
Therefore should all 12 gauge shotguns be banned from civilian use since they were used in battle during WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan and now in Syria.

BFD. The Founders wrote the 2nd to deal with an illegitimate government. The Bill of Rights is 9 limitations on what government can do to the individual, and one final option.

The founders did note do that. At those times for everyone to have th e right to have a gun was basically the country had something to protect itself with.
There was never an intention for illegitimate governments. That favourite catch cry was invented by those who wanted to stock the armoury for ego reasons.

As a Republican, you would have been bellowing about Biden being illegitimate etc. Why haven't you done something about him? No courage of your convictions? You said you have a right under the 2nd to do it so do it. See how good your are against the American military, tough guy.

They also said Obama wasn't even American also. That would have made him illegitimate also but no one fire a shot. The lot of you are all piss and wind.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.” – Noah Webster

“Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.” – James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434

“…the ultimate authority, wherever the derivative may be found, resides in the people alone…” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” – William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” – Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” – Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention

So now, who should I believe about what the Founding Fathers did and didn't intend? The Founding Fathers themselves, or the anti-gun crying pantywaist on the Internet?

Quoting all those must really stir all your inner patriotism. Hand on heart stuff.
Prancing around like a dog with two dicks. It's a shame it didnt include it's those same guns are responsible for daily mass slaughter. But who cares about that? It's those tyrannical Democrat presidents we must suppress at any cost. Small kids are just collateral damage to maintain our freedom.
Stirring stuff indeed.
dumbass the Virginia Tech shooter used a Glock 19 and a shotgun
the ar 15 is not the weapon of choice for mass shooters pistols are

Actually, he used two pistols...he didn't even use a long gun.

Weapons
Thanks for the correction I wasn't 100% sure about the shotgun

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Oh really. Please excuse my ignorance. I thought it was an air rifle.
How dumb are you?
Your obsession with guns has taken you to categorise the type of weapons for a particular task.

Who gives a shit. THEY ARE DEAD and it is a result of a nut like you having a gun.
ok idiot where did I mention an air rifle unless you believe a glock 19 is an air pistol lol
yes you are an idiot

Read it again dumbarse. I never said said. You did.
I was taking the piss out of you and your not smart enough to pick you it. But you smart enough to own a gun. Says it all doesn't it. Spend your money on an education.

Just a tip: Insults to people's intelligence work a lot better if you don't reveal yourself to be an illiterate boob while delivering them.

That would have just been sad, if it hadn't been such a great opportunity to laugh at you yet again.

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Prancing around like a dog with two dicks.

Okay, it is now official...you have become just like the other anti-gun extremists who.....when we discuss guns and self defense, you start to think about the male penis.

What I don't understand is how you shitheads get there. A gun is a tool that good people use for self defense........and then you guys start to breathe heavy, you break into a sweat, and you tremble......and you rub intimate parts of your body....

As I keep telling the other anti-gun extremists who start talking about penises ..... get help. Guns are not sex toys. Guns are nothing to play around with, and before you hurt yourself or someone else....get professional help. Your psycho-sexual wires are crossed and you seem to get sexually stimulated at the mere thought of "guns."

Get help.

Take your guns away and you guys would shit yourselves when a rooster crows. Most of you compare the power of your guns like who has the biggest dick.
Actually I'm a pro-rights person women need firearms to protect them from thugs like you.
As for me, it's not about need it's just about a right that I will not give up no matter your whining and cry and name calling death to all antirights fascists

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Okay, it is now official...you have become just like the other anti-gun extremists who.....when we discuss guns and self defense, you start to think about the male penis.

What I don't understand is how you shitheads get there. A gun is a tool that good people use for self defense........and then you guys start to breathe heavy, you break into a sweat, and you tremble......and you rub intimate parts of your body....

As I keep telling the other anti-gun extremists who start talking about penises ..... get help. Guns are not sex toys. Guns are nothing to play around with, and before you hurt yourself or someone else....get professional help. Your psycho-sexual wires are crossed and you seem to get sexually stimulated at the mere thought of "guns."

Get help.

Take your guns away and you guys would shit yourselves when a rooster crows. Most of you compare the power of your guns like who has the biggest dick.

Again....the fixation on the penis......

Get help.....soon.

You are reacting as I thought.
It comes down to the tough guy image.
Egos and testosterone are a corrosive moisture and mass slaughters proves it.
you would be surprised and shit your pampers if you knew anything about the people you try to provoke on the internet

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

How dumb are you?
Your obsession with guns has taken you to categorise the type of weapons for a particular task.

Who gives a shit. THEY ARE DEAD and it is a result of a nut like you having a gun.
ok idiot where did I mention an air rifle unless you believe a glock 19 is an air pistol lol
yes you are an idiot

I was taking the piss out of you and your not smart enough to pick you it. But you smart enough to own a gun. Says it all doesn't it. Spend your money on an education.
you're the one that brought up an air rifle are you confused?

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

How dumb are you?

yes you are an idiot

No I'm not confused. You are. You said i said it was an air rifle and I did not say that. It was sarcasm and you didn't pick it. You're as dumb as a stump.

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

How dumb are you?

yes you are an idiot

No I'm not confused. You are. You said i said it was an air rifle and I did not say that. It was sarcasm and you didn't pick it. You're as dumb as a stump.
you're the only person who said anything about an air rifle dumbass you did it not me I guess you were confused that a glock 19 was an air rifle stupid

This, class, is a textbook example of pure projection.

It's very noticeable that whenever someone brings up a comparison between guns and sexual organs or deficiencies, it is nearly always the one who opposes the right to keep and bear arms, projecting his own sexual deficiencies on those who support this right.

Freud never said nor wrote the quote popularly misattributed to him about a fear of weapons being a sign of retarded sexual development, bus there is certainly no shortage of effeminate fools such as Colin norris to demonstrate that whoever did say that, had it right.

Last edited:
4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Get help.

Another one of the defectives who hears the word "gun", and immediately starts thinking about dicks....... :rolleyes:

Ya'll are some really fucked up folks.

People like you running around, no wonder folks keep guns handy.

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Get help.

Another one of the defectives who hears the word "gun", and immediately starts thinking about dicks....... :rolleyes:

I apologise. It was obviously a bit deep for you. I'll downgrade my standards to suit the company.

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Get help.

I apologise. It was obviously a bit deep for you. I'll downgrade my standards to suit the company.
You don't even realize that you are the lame here, do you?
:auiqs.jpg:

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Oh course I am.

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Get help.

Of course I am. I replying in kindergarten speak but I can come lower. Just for you.

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:

Oh course I am.

Duh.

Stirring stuff indeed.

Get help.

Of course I am. I replying in kindergarten speak but I can come lower. Just for you.
There you go..... keep that stiff upper lip, lol.

You can go cry alone later.
;)

4 Jun 2021

~Snip~

Comment:
Cool. Now that the Pandemic was just a hoax, the Funeral Business will have more business.

Cool. Now that the Pandemic was just a hoax, the Funeral Business will have more business.

No need, Chicago, Kalifornia, Minneapolis, Baltimore, St. Louis and New York will keep them busy. More people are killed and wounded in Chicago alone per year than the U.S. Military suffered per year in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. The fact that it's all gang and narcotics related is a black mark on the Progressive Marxist Socialist/DSA Democrat Left...
Since January 21st 2021 more narcotics have been stopped than ever before, one can only imagine what has come across our Southern Border thanks to Joey Xi Bai Dung's border policy.

No need, Chicago, Kalifornia, Minneapolis, Baltimore, St. Louis and New York will keep them busy. More people are killed and wounded in Chicago alone per year than the U.S. Military suffered per year in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. The fact that it's all gang and narcotics related is a black mark on the Progressive Marxist Socialist/DSA Democrat Left...
Since January 21st 2021 more narcotics have been stopped than ever before, one can only imagine what has come across our Southern Border thanks to Joey Xi Bai Dung's border policy.
Oh but what a silly post ^^^.

Two points:

1. The killings were the product of guns, and we all know that true gun believers support gun ownership and the possession of firearms are not to be infringed; thus gangs and narcotic users and sellers have the absolute right to own, possess or have in their custody and control.

2. The mass murders by guns used in Schools, Theaters, Restaurants, at Concerts and Festivals, in churches as well as murders of innocent people doing nothing more than being out in the open on streets are not members of gangs nor have they been under the influence of drugs.

You're such a pathetic sniveling cum dumpster. You're terrified that armed Americans will be able to resist being victimized by bed wetting nanny state sociopaths like you.

Get AIDS and die you fuckin parasite.

Oh but what a silly post ^^^.

Two points:

1. The killings were the product of guns, and we all know that true gun believers support gun ownership and the possession of firearms are not to be infringed; thus gangs and narcotic users and sellers have the absolute right to own, possess or have in their custody and control.

2. The mass murders by guns used in Schools, Theaters, Restaurants, at Concerts and Festivals, in churches as well as murders of innocent people doing nothing more than being out in the open on streets are not members of gangs nor have they been under the influence of drugs.

No...it wasn't because of guns....how do I know....? 27 years of American history....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

This means that access to guns does not create gun crime........

Your theory is wrong.......it has been proven wrong over time and across 320 million Americans..........

What causes increased gun crime and murder?

The policies of the democrat party.

1) They have attacked and undermined the police, to the point the police have stopped doing their jobs.

2) The democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians keep releasing violent, repeat gun offenders no matter how many times they are arrested for illegal gun use.

You don't know what you are talking about, and then, you lie about what you don't know about....

Forum List

Back