Free College Education

Uh-Huh, except for all the dumb ass lemmings that apparently think it's actually "free" ...... The only reason all the gub'mint worshipers like to use the word "free" is because you're incapable of being honest about ANYTHING. :rolleyes:

The most expensive stuff in the known universe is the "free stuff" handed out by government.

It's not free, nobody is arguing that point.
No shit Sherlock I know it's not free, gub'mint worshiping assholes like to call it FREE so they can deceive clueless sheeple into thinking that money grows on trees while at the same time engaging in vote buying with other peoples money.

If the conversation were honest AT ALL the word "free" would never be brought into it but again honesty isn't something the gub'mint worshipers are capable of.

Conservatives have the damnedest ways of rationalizing their greed.

You assholes are the ones wanting free shit.

Actually, I'd have to pay for others to go to college, medicare, social security and unemployment insurance and I'm totally fine with it.
Mail your check to the Treasury and STFU then.

Conservatives want educational opportunity to be directly proportionate to wealth (or lack of it).

Student loans have been around for decades.

They require repayment....hence not free, the left wants nothing to do with that

Ah, our resident Expert on All Things Left speaks. :lmao:

State universities used to be tuition-free. The problem the RWNJs have with that is that working-class kids were able to get an education, and We Can't Have That.
Education costs rose because of Democrat programs and Democrats in charge of state universities raised tuition so this is the fault of the right wing?
How high are you?

They require repayment....hence not free, the left wants nothing to do with that

State universities used to be tuition-free. The problem the RWNJs have with that is that working-class kids were able to get an education, and We Can't Have That.

You want to go to college pay for it.

I did.

Your fears are understandable, however.

Yeah so did my husband and I and we will pay for our children's...the rest can do the same for theirs.

Because if kids from the social castes you look down on are able to succeed, they'd be in competition for the same jobs as your kids. More to the point, it would give the lie to your side's favorite talking point about how "People are poor because they're lazy."

Now, do some more name-calling to show how "educated" you are.

That's right, those evil mean conservatives are greedy, so if you want kids to go to college for free, show those conservatives and whip out your checkbook and donate to a college of your choice. That will show them.

Ah, the old "if the government didn't bleed us to death with taxes, we'd give more to charity" argument. Knew that wouldn't take long.

Some of us can do both. Others just whine.

Better disband the military, then. I'm tired of paying for wars.

Well then you must be tired of our Constitution because the government is in charge with the protection of this country.

I guess you're going to have to move.

Compromise, then: No overseas "adventures." Close all foreign bases. The boots-on-the-ground military is becoming outdated, anyway. Defensive forces within the U.S. and its territories only.

Deal? Of course not. "Compromise" is not in your lexicon.

I did.

Yeah so did my husband and I and we will pay for our children's...the rest can do the same for theirs.

Because if kids from the social castes you look down on are able to succeed, they'd be in competition for the same jobs as your kids. More to the point, it would give the lie to your side's favorite talking point about how "People are poor because they're lazy."

You throw totally unsubstantiated assertions out and expect to be taken seriously?
The Left just wants free college to increase their control over the middle class. Let them do that and they will be sending kids to Siberia for failing Calculus.

Better disband the military, then. I'm tired of paying for wars.

Well then you must be tired of our Constitution because the government is in charge with the protection of this country.

I guess you're going to have to move.

Compromise, then: No overseas "adventures." Close all foreign bases. The boots-on-the-ground military is becoming outdated, anyway. Defensive forces within the U.S. and its territories only.

Compromise: You shut the fuck up and we'll quit demonstrating how stupid you are. Deal?

Conservatives want educational opportunity to be directly proportionate to wealth (or lack of it).

Why is that, because the only way a liberal knows how to get something if by getting it from other taxpayers?

What's wrong with a kid getting out of school and working for a couple of years, save his or her money, and pay for college themselves? You don't have to enroll in college right at the age of 18. You can enroll at the age of 23, 24, 25, or whenever.

I did.

Scroll up, YOU started the personal attacks. I'm not worried about social castes I'm worried about our own children....you loons worry about yours

The US Constitution doesn't compromise. You elect leaders and they decide on how to protect us. That's just the way it works in this country.

As individuals, we have no protection against a foreign military. That's why we have a taxpayer funded military. You can't say that about free college. Everybody has the ability to go to college if they really want it.

Ah, the old "if the government didn't bleed us to death with taxes, we'd give more to charity" argument. Knew that wouldn't take long.

I didn't say anything about being able to contribute more to charity if not for taxes. What I am saying is that if you on the left want kids to have free college, nobody is stopping you. But those of us that don't want to fund it should not be forced to.

Why is that, because the only way a liberal knows how to get something if by getting it from other taxpayers?

What's wrong with a kid getting out of school and working for a couple of years, save his or her money, and pay for college themselves? You don't have to enroll in college right at the age of 18. You can enroll at the age of 23, 24, 25, or whenever.

Yeah, what's wrong with walking 3 miles one way to school, then coming home and doing your homework on the back of a shovel with a piece of charcoal,

by candlelight. Goddam you conservatives are stupid.

I didn't say anything about being able to contribute more to charity if not for taxes. What I am saying is that if you on the left want kids to have free college, nobody is stopping you. But those of us that don't want to fund it should not be forced to.

Then I don't want to fund the half of the military I don't think we need.

Fair trade?

Education costs rose because of Democrat programs and Democrats in charge of state universities raised tuition so this is the fault of the right wing?
How high are you?

Prove it.

College graduates don't pay taxes? Parents don't pay taxes? College employees don't pay taxes? Businesses that hire college grads and make money off them don't pay taxes?

Yeah, what's wrong with walking 3 miles one way to school, then coming home and doing your homework on the back of a shovel with a piece of charcoal,

by candlelight. Goddam you conservatives are stupid.

You make a comment like that and call me stupid?

So answer the question genius. What's wrong with a kid graduating HS and working for a couple of years to pay for their college? Go a year or two and then work another couple of years and repeat?

If you don't want to do that, military is always an option.

College graduates don't pay taxes? Parents don't pay taxes? College employees don't pay taxes? Businesses that hire college grads and make money off them don't pay taxes?

I didn't say (nor imply) that, so I don't know what your point is with this comment.

This is why you should care about getting kids educated.

ep_chart_001.png

Forum List

Back