Free College Education

Yeah, what's wrong with walking 3 miles one way to school, then coming home and doing your homework on the back of a shovel with a piece of charcoal,

by candlelight. Goddam you conservatives are stupid.

You make a comment like that and call me stupid?

So answer the question genius. What's wrong with a kid graduating HS and working for a couple of years to pay for their college? Go a year or two and then work another couple of years and repeat?

If you don't want to do that, military is always an option.

It's a stupid idea. If it were smart, why not start at 16? Let a kid earn enough to pay for the last 2 years of high school.

College graduates don't pay taxes? Parents don't pay taxes? College employees don't pay taxes? Businesses that hire college grads and make money off them don't pay taxes?

I didn't say (nor imply) that, so I don't know what your point is with this comment.

You implied that by saying that liberals want education paid for by other's taxes.

Conservatives want educational opportunity to be directly proportionate to wealth (or lack of it).

Student loans have been around for decades.

They require repayment....hence not free, the left wants nothing to do with that

Ah, our resident Expert on All Things Left speaks. :lmao:

State universities used to be tuition-free. The problem the RWNJs have with that is that working-class kids were able to get an education, and We Can't Have That.
Education costs rose because of Democrat programs and Democrats in charge of state universities raised tuition so this is the fault of the right wing?
How high are you?

Prove it.
I point out facts that have been well known and your response is "prove it." That indicates you are high as fuck.

There is no such thing as "free" college education, someone is paying for it

You're an idiot. Lots of things are called free that are paid for by someone.

It's still not free, idiot. Your very own comment proves it.Sweet jeebus you're a dumb deer

If you knew anything, you'd know that Bernie Sanders is calling for tuition free college at certain schools.

That is not a misnomer. If you apply to a college were there is no tuition charge, your tuition is zero. Tuition free.

Get it?

Do you have the name of a tuition free college?

It's a stupid idea. If it were smart, why not start at 16? Let a kid earn enough to pay for the last 2 years of high school.

Sure, a kid can do that if they are thinking well ahead of time. Let them get a part-time job after school and work full-time during the summer to save for college. Good thinking on you part.

It's still not free, idiot. Your very own comment proves it.Sweet jeebus you're a dumb deer

If you knew anything, you'd know that Bernie Sanders is calling for tuition free college at certain schools.

That is not a misnomer. If you apply to a college were there is no tuition charge, your tuition is zero. Tuition free.

Get it?

Yes, the Technical University of Munich.

You implied that by saying that liberals want education paid for by other's taxes.

Reread it again. I said by other taxpayers meaning they too are taxpayers.

They require repayment....hence not free, the left wants nothing to do with that

Ah, our resident Expert on All Things Left speaks. :lmao:

State universities used to be tuition-free. The problem the RWNJs have with that is that working-class kids were able to get an education, and We Can't Have That.
Education costs rose because of Democrat programs and Democrats in charge of state universities raised tuition so this is the fault of the right wing?
How high are you?

Prove it.
I point out facts that have been well known and your response is "prove it." That indicates you are high as fuck.

Prove that it's a Democrat problem and never occurs in states run by Republicans.

Sure, a kid can do that if they are thinking well ahead of time. Let them get a part-time job after school and work full-time during the summer to save for college. Good thinking on you part.

While you insist on keeping the minimum wage as low as possible because, as you say,

after all it's just kids working minimum wage jobs and what the fuck do they need money for?

Most people get it, you're having an angry sad over nothing.

Except for Democrats and Progressives.

ObamaCartoonEconomy-3.jpg

While you insist on keeping the minimum wage as low as possible because, as you say,

after all it's just kids working minimum wage jobs and what the fuck do they need money for?

What is the typical income of a household where one worker earns the minimum wage?

Actually, I'd have to pay for others to go to college, medicare, social security and unemployment insurance and I'm totally fine with it.

Chances are you will get something back from SS, Medicare and perhaps unemployment insurance. If you are somebody that's never going to go to college, you get nothing back.

I get plenty back, living in a more educated society. The same dynamic as funding public education now. And no, there is no guarantee I get anything back from social security, medicare, unemployment and other safety net programs. Then again, I don't think it's all about me.

It's not free, nobody is arguing that point.
No shit Sherlock I know it's not free, gub'mint worshiping assholes like to call it FREE so they can deceive clueless sheeple into thinking that money grows on trees while at the same time engaging in vote buying with other peoples money.

If the conversation were honest AT ALL the word "free" would never be brought into it but again honesty isn't something the gub'mint worshipers are capable of.

Conservatives have the damnedest ways of rationalizing their greed.

You assholes are the ones wanting free shit.

Actually, I'd have to pay for others to go to college, medicare, social security and unemployment insurance and I'm totally fine with it.
Mail your check to the Treasury and STFU then.

Nope, it's a group project and the winners get to decide.

Get it?

Yes, the Technical University of Munich.

Excellent. How many inner city kids in NYC will you send there for the free education?

I don't recall them being around when I attended the University of Miami but I made it anyway.

Student loans, being made easier and easier to obtain are a major reason for the dramatic increase tuition rates. The easier loans are to obtain, the higher tuition rates can go.

Uh-Huh, except for all the dumb ass lemmings that apparently think it's actually "free" ...... The only reason all the gub'mint worshipers like to use the word "free" is because you're incapable of being honest about ANYTHING. :rolleyes:

The most expensive stuff in the known universe is the "free stuff" handed out by government.

No shit Sherlock I know it's not free, gub'mint worshiping assholes like to call it FREE so they can deceive clueless sheeple into thinking that money grows on trees while at the same time engaging in vote buying with other peoples money.

If the conversation were honest AT ALL the word "free" would never be brought into it but again honesty isn't something the gub'mint worshipers are capable of.

No one is stopping you from doing it today.

Conservatives want educational opportunity to be directly proportionate to wealth (or lack of it).

And they strap poorer graduates often times with decades of debt.

Instead of loans, maybe they should work a full-time job along with going to school full-time at a community college. Take several jobs during the summer and saving every possible penny. Maybe they have to take a year off working several jobs, get a job painting houses.

No one is stopping you from doing it today.

Yep. No one is stopping us from doing lots of things. Has nothing to do with how we as a country fund public education.

Forum List

Back