Free College Education

Nothing is free,dumbass. Take your semantics and stick them up your ass

Still word playing.

Taxes, free college is paid for via taxes.

Personally, outside of community or some trade schools I think that is an expensive proposition. However, if college graduates could volunteer some amount of time for the 2 years after college that could help offset the cost.

But, how are you going to have a conversation about this? You're stuck on the four letter F word.

Then it's not free if mandated taxes are used to pay for it.

I hear the argument that using taxes to provide "free" college is a good investment. Bullshit. If someone else's kid going to college is such a good investment, why isn't it a good enough investment for the kid's parents to make on the kid's behalf?

You're late to the party, we've already discussed the word "free" in :"free college".

There is no such thing as free college. If you still hold the argument that it is, you're an idiot.

I'm beginning to see the problem, left loons really think there is such a thing as free shit..because they are not the ones paying for the free shit. Taxpayers do.
Lbs flunked Econ 101, if they ever took it. This explains a lot about their views.

Semantics. If that is your argument, you lost.

Still word playing.

Personally, outside of community or some trade schools I think that is an expensive proposition. However, if college graduates could volunteer some amount of time for the 2 years after college that could help offset the cost.

But, how are you going to have a conversation about this? You're stuck on the four letter F word.

I hear the argument that using taxes to provide "free" college is a good investment. Bullshit. If someone else's kid going to college is such a good investment, why isn't it a good enough investment for the kid's parents to make on the kid's behalf?

You're late to the party, we've already discussed the word "free" in :"free college".

There is no such thing as free college. If you still hold the argument that it is, you're an idiot.

Clearly you haven't read my posts.

Still word playing.

I'm beginning to see the problem, left loons really think there is such a thing as free shit..because they are not the ones paying for the free shit. Taxpayers do.

And this bright star I'm convinced doesn't know how to read.

Still word playing.

More than one Liberal has used the argument that the person getting it isn't paying for it. That doesn't make it free. It means someone else is forced to pay for it for that freeloading recipient.

Still word playing.

Look you deluded asshat if they take money from me to pay for someone else to go to school then it's not fucking free is it? I paid for it. Ya fucking moron

That's lovely and wholly irrelevant.

What if an American kid is born poor?

Enlist in the military and EARN an education.

Find a mentor.

Start working full time and going to a community college full time. Work two or three jobs and save every dime. Transfer to a four-year state college and repeat. Before you transfer, figure out what you WANT to do before you transfer. Go talk to companies who employ folks that need your future skills. Find out what they want to see on a resume, how can you get a job with their company.

If college isn't your strong point. There are aptitude tests that will tell you your strengths. We have a great technical school where you can learn valuable skills necessary in auto technicians, plumbers, carpenters, air conditioning/heating.

There many, many opportunities for those who WANT to work.

There are NO opportunities for those who think the world owes them anything.

First%20part%20time%20job_zpszrpzn9tl.jpg

Last edited:
College of The Ozarks is a model we should look to achieve free education.

Works for me, although they only have a student body of about 1,400 students and accept fewer than 9% of all applicants. You also have to place in the top half of your high school class and there are minimums on ACT and SAT test scores. It is also a Christian college which, personally, I like.

Full time is considered 12 or more credit hours and you are then required to work 15 hours a week on campus. Students also work two 40 hour weeks during each break. There is also a summer work program to cover room and board. If you want any pocket money, you can work off campus as well.

Yep, that works for me.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants to run up student loans, belong to "Animal House" while getting a degree in Medieval Musical Instruments, graduate with $50,000 in debt and no job. That sounds like a personal problem.

There is no such thing as "free" college education, someone is paying for it

Still word playing.

Or better yet, the kid has to invest in himself/herself by paying for their own college education.

13138939_1737559956461912_4661303319590366285_n.jpg

Still word playing.

Or better yet, the kid has to invest in himself/herself by paying for their own college education.

I've asked those that support the "free college" plan what happens if the one receiving the "investment" doesn't graduate. Can't seem to get an answer.

Still word playing.

I've asked those that support the "free college" plan what happens if the one receiving the "investment" doesn't graduate. Can't seem to get an answer.

What happened when you flunked the 8th grade?

Still word playing.

He got left back. You ought to remember that, having spent 12 years to finish 6th grade.

You're an idiot. Lots of things are called free that are paid for by someone.

It's still not free, idiot. Your very own comment proves it.Sweet jeebus you're a dumb deer

If you knew anything, you'd know that Bernie Sanders is calling for tuition free college at certain schools.

That is not a misnomer. If you apply to a college were there is no tuition charge, your tuition is zero. Tuition free.

Get it?

Ah! So it's not free, it's TUITION FREE. That's not what the OP said. You just moved the goalposts.

You're an idiot. Lots of things are called free that are paid for by someone.

It's still not free, idiot. Your very own comment proves it.Sweet jeebus you're a dumb deer

Bernie Sanders acknowledges the cost and has the plan to pay for it:

1. FULLY PAID FOR BY IMPOSING A TAX ON WALL STREET SPECULATORS.
    The cost of this $75 billion a year plan is fully paid for by imposing a tax of a fraction of a percent on Wall Street speculators who nearly destroyed the economy seven years ago. More than 1,000 economists have endorsed a tax on Wall Street speculation and today some 40 countries throughout the world have imposed a similar tax including Britain, Germany, France, Switzerland, and China. If the taxpayers of this country could bailout Wall Street in 2008, we can make public colleges and universities tuition free and debt free throughout the country.

So Uncle Bernie admits he's not promoting free college education but rather one that is paid for by someone other than the students with money confiscated from "EVIL CAPITALISTS" who "nearly destroyed the economy seven years ago."

If Uncle Bernie can admit the education won't be free, why can't you? I mean, it's HIS plan.

I'm the one who posted the clarification, dumbass.

Still word playing.

He got left back. You ought to remember that, having spent 12 years to finish 6th grade.

Actually, it was a valid question.

Actually it wasn't. People are required to attend 8th grade but not college.
/fail.

Still word playing.

He joined the Tea Party.

Actually it wasn't. People are required to attend 8th grade but not college.
/fail.

There are lots of people who never make it to 8th grade or graduate from high school. We still pay for the education that they do get. So, question stands.

If every kid has access to tuition free college at a state school. no one can complain that the poor kids are getting special treatment (since currently there is quite a bit of income related school aid.)

Forum List

Back