Free George Zimmerman

The cops interviewed Zimmerman for like 5 or 6 hours and they recommended no charges. That should tell you what you need to know.

It does...

............ That an investigation started...

.....................It does not mean an investigation was complete.

It takes time to do an autopsy. Time to canvas for witnesses and reinterview. Time to run toxicological tests. To to perform forensic analysis of the audio tapes. Time to obtain detailed phone records. Time to try to piece together conflicting suspect statements and witness statements.

5 to 6 hours would have been a rush to judgment precluding direct evidence at the scene of who initiated hostilities.

Zimmerman may very well be found "not guilty" of a crime, we will have to see after the court reviews ALL the evidence, not just Zimmerman's story from that night.

>>>>

As I pointed out in this post.

Zimmerman's statements are all the prosecution has to prosecute him with.

Based on witness & evidence released so far the prosecution does not have a case. Zimmerman's problem is that he gave over 5 hours of video taped police interrogation, interview & crime scene reenactment all without a lawyer. It is impossible for anyone innocent to talk that much & not contradict themselves. The prosecution may nail him on that. His inconsistent statements were alluded to by the investigator. Had Zimmerman clammed up & lawyered up immediately after the shooting, he would be free due to witness statements. This is why you should never talk to police.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc"]Dont Talk to Police[/ame]

Agreed; but as the officer at the end of that video says; he would not knowingly prosecute someone he believed was not guilty. And the honorable police of Sanford did not do so. However, that hag, Angela Corey is willing to twist Zimmerman's statements for her advantage.

Fuck George Zimmerman. He's a wanna be cop.

He had no business sticking his nose in where it had no right to be. There is no basis in fact that justified his views about Trayvon being "suspicious". Dispatch told him not to pursue. He pursued Trayvon anyway, confronted him, and an unarmed teen lay dead in his own back yard.

Stand your ground is the most fucked up law on the planet. It makes getting into a fight legal. It makes it legal to end the fight with a killing.

LOL fail. Bullshit. Try posting something other then lies next time.

Flagarant, you are as silly as some of the yaks to the far right. Grow up. Let's see what the court, time, and testimony brings. Good grief, USMB seems to have silly yaks blooming early this year. :lol:

Flagarant, you are as silly as some of the yaks to the far right. Grow up. Let's see what the court, time, and testimony brings. Good grief, USMB seems to have silly yaks blooming early this year. :lol:

you have no opinion on stand your ground laws?

it's well known that stand your ground laws make it difficult to prosecute when both parties simply should have walked away

Of course I do, Flagrant. I don't think they should be applicable in public areas in terms of defending folks who have been engaged in shady behavior, which has happened in FL. Enough heat has come down on this incident. Judge is willing to give GZ $150K bond, which tells me that Judge does not Murder in the 2nd is viable, unless new information comes up. Just 'tween you, me, and the Board, GZ is not safe in public for some time, I am thinking.

Examination of the evidence; yes. Trial; no. Are you that dense that you don't get that a trial is an accusation with teeth? The prosecution legally has to believe that the defendant is guilty. And they have to legally believe that they can prove it. It's not to be a dog and pony show for the public.

And if the prosecution legally believes a crime was committed and legally believes they can prove it they have an obligation to bring charges against the individual and bring the case before the courts.

>>>>

The cops interviewed Zimmerman for like 5 or 6 hours and they recommended no charges. That should tell you what you need to know.

What it tells me is that you're not really following this case.

Here is prosecutor Angela Corey where she said that police did recommend charges ...

Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in mid-stream.”

Sanford cops wanted to charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
Here's a point. At his arraignment today, Zimmerman claimed he didn't know that Trayvon was a kid. He thought he was a guy about his age.

WHich directly contradicts the 911 tape where he describes him as a "teenager".

The prosecution immediately jumped on him for it.

If his lies are going to be this shabby, this is going to be a short trial.

Here's a point. At his arraignment today, Zimmerman claimed he didn't know that Trayvon was a kid. He thought he was a guy about his age.

WHich directly contradicts the 911 tape where he describes him as a "teenager".

The prosecution immediately jumped on him for it.

If his lies are going to be this shabby, this is going to be a short trial.

He called Zimmerman "late teens" and that was from a distance. Late teens can be 18 or 19; an adult.

When you're getting you're ass whooped your perception can change; he may have felt like Trayvon was slightly younger than him at that point. And at 27, Zimmerman's not that old.

But even if your theory is correct, a so-called lie or discrepancy does not prove his guilt. Even if Zimmerman is shown not to be credible, that does not prove his guilt. And it certainly does not overturn any of the evidence in his favor.

GG, I hope that is not a deliberate lie: you look moronic. GZ said he thought TM was "slightly younger than myself". That ain't 18 or 19. You can tell us if you are drinking. That we can understand.

Of course I do, Flagrant. I don't think they should be applicable in public areas in terms of defending folks who have been engaged in shady behavior, which has happened in FL. Enough heat has come down on this incident. Judge is willing to give GZ $150K bond, which tells me that Judge does not Murder in the 2nd is viable, unless new information comes up. Just 'tween you, me, and the Board, GZ is not safe in public for some time, I am thinking.

I didn't take that way. He has had a great deal more experience handing out bail amounts than any of us. I think he wanted to give Zimmerman the opportunity to get with his attorney to prepare a defense.

"Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense.”

"After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz seriously has it in for Corey.

My reporter instincts tell me there's a backstory.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/20/Dershowitz-prosecution-immoral

"Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense.”

"After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz seriously has it in for Corey.

My reporter instincts tell me there's a backstory.

Dershowitz Blasts Zimmerman Prosecution: 'Not Only Immoral, But Stupid'

Dershowitz is a defense lawyer... and never met a guilty man he wouldn't defend.

If Zimmerman keeps changing his story, it's going to be a very short trial.

He hasn't changed his story.

People's perceptions of his story change minute by minute, as do their re-tellings....

He hasn't changed his story. People's perceptions of his story change minute by minute, as do their re-tellings....
GZ tells dispatcher he is following a teenager. GZ tells the court room he thought that TM was a little bit younger than himself.

He hasn't changed his story. People's perceptions of his story change minute by minute, as do their re-tellings....
GZ tells dispatcher he is following a teenager. GZ tells the court room he thought that TM was a little bit younger than himself.

Yes, he said that he was in his "late teens" to the dispatcher and in court when he referred to the struggle he said something like he perceived he was a little younger than him. Those are two different point in time references. It is possible that he had reassessed his perception when he was getting his ass kicked. He probably figured the person was somewhat older at that point.

Then again, he could have misspoke at any time. He could have told the dispatcher late teens and then thought oh maybe he's older and then not have told the dispatcher, thinking it wasn't that significant.

Or, maybe he was not totally truthful at one of the points too. I think it's a rather trite detail to try and destroy his credibility on though. If there is a pattern of discrepancies though, it won't bode so well for him.

What pisses me off is that he offered to apologize to the family and the prosecution took it as an opportunity to grill him. His lawyer never should have agreed to that. He tried to do a decent act and they punished him for it.

Further, it pissed me off that the prosecution was allowed to project guilt. The guy referred to Trayvon as the victim and twice in his questioning, part of the question was, when you committed the crime. That's a Law 101 no-no and both the judge and Zimmerman's defense lawyer were asleep at the wheel.

Yes, he said that he was in his "late teens" to the dispatcher and in court when he referred to the struggle he said something like he perceived he was a little younger than him. Those are two different point in time references. It is possible that he had reassessed his perception when he was getting his ass kicked. He probably figured the person was somewhat older at that point.

Then again, he could have misspoke at any time. He could have told the dispatcher late teens and then thought oh maybe he's older and then not have told the dispatcher, thinking it wasn't that significant.

Or, maybe he was not totally truthful at one of the points too. I think it's a rather trite detail to try and destroy his credibility on though. If there is a pattern of discrepancies though, it won't bode so well for him.

What pisses me off is that he offered to apologize to the family and the prosecution took it as an opportunity to grill him. His lawyer never should have agreed to that. He tried to do a decent act and they punished him for it.

Further, it pissed me off that the prosecution was allowed to project guilt. The guy referred to Trayvon as the victim and twice in his questioning, part of the question was, when you committed the crime. That's a Law 101 no-no and both the judge and Zimmerman's defense lawyer were asleep at the wheel.

Sounds like he's getting bad legal advise and representation..

But doesn't take away from the facts of the case much.

Forum List

Back