Freedom Caucus seeks to run the House

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Rep Jim Jordan has announced that he is running for Speaker. Should he win, expect a more liberty minded constitutional agenda.

One thing I like about his plan is he plans to shift budgeting away from the omnibus-continued resolutions that lead to government shutdowns. Instead the House would pass budgets for each area independently .

And rather than have the budget be a top down bill from leadership of both parties, all of Congress will be involved in the process, as they should be

our number one security threat is out debt
But we have so much in entitlements that any politician that honestly tries to save our budget will be crucified.
The only way out will be a complete collapse of the financial system
A recession or depression will not solve the problem

Rep Jim Jordan has announced that he is running for Speaker. Should he win, expect a more liberty minded constitutional agenda.

One thing I like about his plan is he plans to shift budgeting away from the omnibus-continued resolutions that lead to government shutdowns. Instead the House would pass budgets for each area independently .

And rather than have the budget be a top down bill from leadership of both parties, all of Congress will be involved in the process, as they should be

Well, that explains the attempts at character assassination on him.

Yeah. It's funny how people start talking about Him running for Speaker and a "scandal" pops up.

almost like democrats have had success making crap up against republicans and thought they would do it again or something

Yeah. It's funny how people start talking about Him running for Speaker and a "scandal" pops up.

almost like democrats have had success making crap up against republicans and thought they would do it again or something

Yeah, well, they're gonna have to do better than "He must have known! EVERYONE knew!"

Yeah, well, they're gonna have to do better than "He must have known! EVERYONE knew!"

Everyone knew, except the police.

And the people who elected Jim Jordan

As near as I can tell from everyone's stories, everyone knew the doctor was creepy and weird, but nobody seems to have bothered to file an actual complaint about him. Absent that, I'm not sure what Jordan was supposed to do. Confront the guy based on rumors? Fire him based on rumors? Yeah, that's not a lawsuit waiting to happen.

As near as I can tell from everyone's stories, everyone knew the doctor was creepy and weird, but nobody seems to have bothered to file an actual complaint about him. Absent that, I'm not sure what Jordan was supposed to do. Confront the guy based on rumors? Fire him based on rumors? Yeah, that's not a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Isn’t the doctor dead now?

Did he have a chance to defend himself from these allegations?

Isn’t the doctor dead now?

Did he have a chance to defend himself from these allegations?

Couldn't tell you. But I will say this is also quite different from the case with the Olympic doctor, since the alleged victims were grown men, and could be assumed to be capable of looking after themselves, and deciding for themselves whether or not they wanted to pursue the issue. So far as we know at this time, none of them chose to do so.

I saw the initial interviews when the "scandal" first broke... Been out of the country / out of the loop for the past 10 days. So perhaps I'm not operating on the latest. Other than my 'armchair professional' TV / ROKU expertise... lol, I have been privy to some rather intense character witness testimony in the real world, & I'm not seeing the "red flags" in those initial interviews... my $.02's

His running is an interesting concept.

He has said he will run for Speaker, not for head of the
minority. That shows a "plan in the making" for the GOP.

I don't think he could get enough GOP votes to become
Speaker, but he could block somebody else from being
Speaker.

The Freedom Group may very well be contemplating forcing
the GOP into some sort of coalition, similar to those European
Government's that combine people from different groups
for an "overall opinion/approach."

It's something to watch for.

Forum List

Back