Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness

Because the subject is absurd. There are always consequences to anything that is said. You whine about political correctness when what you really want is to deny free speech to people who disagree with your dumb remarks. Say what you want, but you have to expect what ever consequences.arise from what you say.

Why should there be "consequences", including and up to losing your job just for saying you think marriage should be between a man and a woman? Why should there be "consequences" just because you think illegal immigrants should be deported? Why should there be "consequences" because you think random college hookups between drunk people is not automatically rape if the woman decides later she doesn't like what happened?

There are always consequences to anything that is said. asking why is as dumb as asking why the sun comes up in the East. It just is. Live with it.

Screw that. the problem is people have become hypersensitive, and just cant stand that other can have opposing views than they do. The proper response to speech you don't like is 1) disagreeing with the person 2)disagreeing and arguing your point or 3) disagreeing and telling the person to piss off. The proper response is not trying to ruin them, or trying to silence them, or trying to intimidate them into silence.

It's terrible when government does it, and not much better when other people do it.

Glad to hear you feel that way. Does that mean you will stop pushing for the government to restrict gay marriage, or abortions, or legalized pot, or etc, etc., etc. ? To do otherwise would make you a hypocrite,....right?
Ofcourse not martyr began

See my response to the puppy.

Why should there be "consequences", including and up to losing your job just for saying you think marriage should be between a man and a woman? Why should there be "consequences" just because you think illegal immigrants should be deported? Why should there be "consequences" because you think random college hookups between drunk people is not automatically rape if the woman decides later she doesn't like what happened?

There are always consequences to anything that is said. asking why is as dumb as asking why the sun comes up in the East. It just is. Live with it.

Screw that. the problem is people have become hypersensitive, and just cant stand that other can have opposing views than they do. The proper response to speech you don't like is 1) disagreeing with the person 2)disagreeing and arguing your point or 3) disagreeing and telling the person to piss off. The proper response is not trying to ruin them, or trying to silence them, or trying to intimidate them into silence.

It's terrible when government does it, and not much better when other people do it.

Glad to hear you feel that way. Does that mean you will stop pushing for the government to restrict gay marriage, or abortions, or legalized pot, or etc, etc., etc. ? To do otherwise would make you a hypocrite,....right?

I did it's your typical load of bullshit.

Political correctness is an attack on free speech and its intentional. Just part of the lefts wider assault on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

The assault on free speech is BIPARTISAN.

Again, ONLY the Libertarians support and protect free speech.
Oh look! it's a robo post!

No they Do NOT support your FDR's "right" to be fed, to be clothed, to be insured, to free schooling, etc, etc ad nauseam

Last edited:
Because the subject is absurd. There are always consequences to anything that is said. You whine about political correctness when what you really want is to deny free speech to people who disagree with your dumb remarks. Say what you want, but you have to expect what ever consequences.arise from what you say.

My issue isn't with gay marriage, or abortion, or legalized pot (faster please). My issue with the first two is my view that the federal constitution does not give the federal government or the courts the ability to say either one is a constitutional right. If given then chance I wouldn't vote to restrict marriage to man and a woman, in fact the opposite is true. As for abortion I would vote against anything that bans it before the 3rd trimester, but I would support parental notification for minors.

As for Pot, as long as it is grown in a state where it is sold, the feds should have no involvement either.

Plus, all 3 of those are actions or events, not speech.

Your free speech allows you to advocate for or against any issue you chose. Why do you want to restrict that right for others? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Your free speech allows your hypocrisy, and I'm not trying to prevent yours. but you have to at least admit that's what it is. Even if you are not man enough to admit it, my free speech allows me to point it out.

Political correctness is an attack on free speech and its intentional. Just part of the lefts wider assault on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Is that you Ron Paul? Why do you keep sending me emails asking for money?

Is that you Ron Paul? Why do you keep sending me emails asking for money?

Janet Yellen won't print any money for us nor will we accept them.

No they Do NOT support your FDR's "right" to be fed, to be clothed, to be insured, to free school, etc, etc ad nauseam
Non sequitur robocall.

No they Do NOT support your FDR's "right" to be fed, to be clothed, to be insured, to free school, etc, etc ad nauseam
Non sequitur robocall.

No, they will not invade any country who hasn't initiated violence against the US .

In a nutshell, we oppose the bankrupt gargantuan welfare/warfare police state.

Non sequitur robocall.

No, they will not invade any country who hasn't initiated violence against the US .

Meaningless non sequitur robocall.

Political Correctness is not a constitutional issue, it's a cultural issue.

The PC Police aren't robbing you of your right to speak freely. What they have done instead is create a culture of intimidation and "consequences" for anyone who says anything they don't like. Does that work against the spirit of freedom of speech? Yes. But it's not about the Constitution.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is not on their minds. They want to shut you up, and they'll find a way to do it.

Has there ever been a time when there was no consequence to what anyone said? Do you think it would be better if there was never any consequence to a persons words?
"Ever" and "never" in the same post.

This is how you folks handle this. You drag it down to the absurd in an effort to deflect.

You choose to issue consequences.

What are the consequences of having those opinions? Many do, none are in danger of getting fired, jailed, etc. So what are the consequences? Someone thinks you're a dweeb?

The PC Police aren't robbing you of your right to speak freely. What they have done instead is create a culture of intimidation and "consequences" for anyone who says anything they don't like. Does that work against the spirit of freedom of speech? Yes. But it's not about the Constitution.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is not on their minds. They want to shut you up, and they'll find a way to do it.

Has there ever been a time when there was no consequence to what anyone said? Do you think it would be better if there was never any consequence to a persons words?

This is how you folks handle this. You drag it down to the absurd in an effort to deflect.

What are the consequences of having those opinions? Many do, none are in danger of getting fired, jailed, etc. So what are the consequences? Someone thinks you're a dweeb?
Thinks!?

Non sequitur robocall.

Exactly, if you enjoy a government bureaucrat who constantly massages your anal sphincter vote for Comrade Sanders or any gargantuan welfare/warfare police state supporter.

Non sequitur robocall.

Exactly, if you enjoy a government bureaucrat who constantly massages your anal sphincter vote for Comrade Sanders or any gargantuan welfare/warfare police state supporter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I did it's your typical load of bullshit.

LOL.

My issue isn't with gay marriage, or abortion, or legalized pot (faster please). My issue with the first two is my view that the federal constitution does not give the federal government or the courts the ability to say either one is a constitutional right. If given then chance I wouldn't vote to restrict marriage to man and a woman, in fact the opposite is true. As for abortion I would vote against anything that bans it before the 3rd trimester, but I would support parental notification for minors.

As for Pot, as long as it is grown in a state where it is sold, the feds should have no involvement either.

Plus, all 3 of those are actions or events, not speech.

Your free speech allows you to advocate for or against any issue you chose. Why do you want to restrict that right for others? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Your free speech allows your hypocrisy, and I'm not trying to prevent yours. but you have to at least admit that's what it is. Even if you are not man enough to admit it, my free speech allows me to point it out.

Where am i restricting the right for anyone to advocate anything? How is saying people shouldn't try to ruin others for their opinion restricting them in any way?

What the hell are you getting on about?

Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

Suck it, Trebek.

Thinks!?

As I said to others, my IQ vs. yours, any day of the week, any hour of the day, any minute of an hour.

Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

Suck it, Trebek.
That's on him. He obviously can't handle criticism.

Forum List

Back