Fried Chicken and Watermelon to Celebrate Black History Month

They dont have to know about the film. They are just taught the attitudes handed down from people brainwashed by the movie.

You.Are.An.Idiot

You are more of an idiot if you really think racist stereotypes are not handed down. How moronic can you be to dispute that?

Oh, there are stereotypes - but blaming some 100 year old movie that the vast majority of people have never seen for them is IDIOTIC.

Tell me you are kidding. You never heard of that stereotype until now?

I'm with syrenn. I've never heard of a stereotype that Only Black People eat Fried Chicken and Watermelon.

Jeebus...Colonel Saunders is a white guy who peddled fried chicken - that's my dominant childhood understanding of the importance of fried chicken: one can buy buckets full at KFC.

Well you'd have to be a little versed in American history to understand how offensive it is.

You see at the start of this country, the founders allowed slaves.

And those slaves were Black Americans.

That went on until around 1863 when the Emancipation Proclamation was signed and the Conservatives of this nation decided to do what they do best, throw a reactionary fit. And that started the Civil War.

But that didn't end problems for Black Americans. Conservatives introduced Jim Crow laws in the south and basically stuffed Black Americans into crowded ghettoes through out most of the nation.

So Black Americans really sort of had a rough time of it here..and yeah, they get a little insulted about stereotypes.

That's never worked out to well.

If Blacks hate Whites as much as you said, they wouldn't fight to integrate into our society over the years. There may be race hustlers conning parts of the black population into hate, but that does not represent the view of the majority of blacks who want to just live their life independent of race obsessed freaks(who are mostly on the left these days).

Last edited:
It reminds me of the stereotype that all white people eat macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs or potato chips on top. I personally think that is disgusting but I have witnessed it before.

really??... that is a "white stereotype"

never heard of that one either......what movie was that in?

It is actually a stereotype of Baptists, who happen to have a fair percentage of blacks in their churches.

Baptist Church Macaroni and Cheese

Then again, I am willing to bet that the pretentious asshole known as Asclepias doesn't eat comfort food.

I really like fried Chicken. What's so wrong with eating it?

Nothing.

The wrong part is ascribing it as the cuisine to Americans who are black.

As a racist that hates having black man in the WHITE house I have to point out that fried chicken and watermelon is a southern delicacy. The only people I have ever met who attibute it to blacks are those carpet bagging Yanks who believe they won the War of Northern Aggression.

Tell me you are kidding. You never heard of that stereotype until now?

I'm with syrenn. I've never heard of a stereotype that Only Black People eat Fried Chicken and Watermelon.

Jeebus...Colonel Saunders is a white guy who peddled fried chicken - that's my dominant childhood understanding of the importance of fried chicken: one can buy buckets full at KFC.

Well you'd have to be a little versed in American history to understand how offensive it is.

You see at the start of this country, the founders allowed slaves.

And those slaves were Black Americans.

That went on until around 1863 when the Emancipation Proclamation was signed and the Conservatives of this nation decided to do what they do best, throw a reactionary fit. And that started the Civil War.

But that didn't end problems for Black Americans. Conservatives introduced Jim Crow laws in the south and basically stuffed Black Americans into crowded ghettoes through out most of the nation.

So Black Americans really sort of had a rough time of it here..and yeah, they get a little insulted about stereotypes.

That's never worked out to well.

Eating fried chicken is not the equivalent of slavery, moron.

It reminds me of the stereotype that all white people eat macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs or potato chips on top. I personally think that is disgusting but I have witnessed it before.

It is actually a stereotype of Baptists, who happen to have a fair percentage of blacks in their churches.

Then again, I am willing to bet that the pretentious asshole known as Asclepias doesn't eat comfort food.

No bread crumbs in your link.

Ingredients
8 ounces macaroni, boiled and drained
3 cups sharp grated cheese
2 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup regular milk
1 stick of butter, melted

I just made some yesterday after talking about it as fried chicken with macaroni and cheese is my favorite meal.

Never saw white people being generalized in a racist movie. I do know plenty of white folk who do eat it with breadcrumbs or potato chips on top. Not all though. A lot of Black people politely decline to eat it when offered.

You never saw Birth of a Nation? Is that why you think there is a scene where there are a bunch of people in black face are eating chicken and watermelon, and that it was all about making black people look bad?

You.Are.An.Idiot

You are more of an idiot if you really think racist stereotypes are not handed down. How moronic can you be to dispute that?

Oh, there are stereotypes - but blaming some 100 year old movie that the vast majority of people have never seen for them is IDIOTIC.

Whats even more idiotic is thinking that events in history have no bearing on perceptions today. We influence our children with our views and those are passed down until someone makes a conscious effort to stop the cycle. How could you not know that?

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup regular milk

I just made some yesterday after talking about it as fried chicken with macaroni and cheese is my favorite meal.

So for you, eating fried chicken is just a favorite meal, but if other people eat it, it's racist.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Never saw white people being generalized in a racist movie. I do know plenty of white folk who do eat it with breadcrumbs or potato chips on top. Not all though. A lot of Black people politely decline to eat it when offered.

You never saw Birth of a Nation? Is that why you think there is a scene where there are a bunch of people in black face are eating chicken and watermelon, and that it was all about making black people look bad?

Evidently you've never seen the movie yourself. There are plenty of scenes meant specifically to put Black people in a bad light. They glorify the KKK. You do realize the movies was based on a book called the Clansmen right?

Whats even more idiotic is thinking that events in history have no bearing on perceptions today. We influence our children with our views and those are passed down until someone makes a conscious effort to stop the cycle. How could you not know that?

Pure sophistry, bub. One movie is not all of the events in history.

That is amazing. You are the first person I know of that never heard of it.

You should get out more.

I do. How do you think I know plenty of white people that believe the stereotype? It was first brought to my attention by a white person.

I am willing to bet that if we asked every single white person who ever got within 200,000 miles of you if they believe that only black people eat fried chicken that not one of them actually believe it. In fact, I am willing to extend that bet to every single person of any color who ever got that close to you.

By the way, since you are a pretentious asshole who doesn't do basic math, that would include everyone on Earth.

Pure sophistry, bub. One movie is not all of the events in history.

Sorry bub but its science not sophistry. Who said one movie was all the events in the world and what does that have to do with what I said? The movie influenced people enough to start the next era of KKK terrorism.

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup regular milk

So for you, eating fried chicken is just a favorite meal, but if other people eat it, it's racist.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You must be confused. Where did I say anyone eating it was racist?

You should get out more.

I do. How do you think I know plenty of white people that believe the stereotype? It was first brought to my attention by a white person.

I am willing to bet that if we asked every single white person who ever got within 200,000 miles of you if they believe that only black people eat fried chicken that not one of them actually believe it. In fact, I am willing to extend that bet to every single person of any color who ever got that close to you.

By the way, since you are a pretentious asshole who doesn't do basic math, that would include everyone on Earth.

You must have a hard time reading. Only a retard like you would say only Black people eat it. Where did I say only Black people? Please quote me if you can asswipe.

Evidently you've never seen the movie yourself. There are plenty of scenes meant specifically to put Black people in a bad light. They glorify the KKK. You do realize the movies was based on a book called the Clansmen right?

Evidently, you really didn't pay attention.

I did not say that there were not negative images, I said that the film was not intended to make black people look bad.

Forum List

Back