Fried Chicken and Watermelon to Celebrate Black History Month

I do. How do you think I know plenty of white people that believe the stereotype? It was first brought to my attention by a white person.

I am willing to bet that if we asked every single white person who ever got within 200,000 miles of you if they believe that only black people eat fried chicken that not one of them actually believe it. In fact, I am willing to extend that bet to every single person of any color who ever got that close to you.

By the way, since you are a pretentious asshole who doesn't do basic math, that would include everyone on Earth.

You must have a hard time reading. Only a retard like you would say only Black people eat it. Where did I say only Black people? Please quote me if you can asswipe.

Oh no, we have another account that has been hacked.

If you are the type of person that believes only Black people eat chicken...http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/birthofanation_a.html

Why the fuck do you think everyone has been dumping on you, retard?

I am willing to bet that if we asked every single white person who ever got within 200,000 miles of you if they believe that only black people eat fried chicken that not one of them actually believe it. In fact, I am willing to extend that bet to every single person of any color who ever got that close to you.

By the way, since you are a pretentious asshole who doesn't do basic math, that would include everyone on Earth.

You must have a hard time reading. Only a retard like you would say only Black people eat it. Where did I say only Black people? Please quote me if you can asswipe.

If you are the type of person that believes only Black people eat chicken...http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/birthofanation_a.html

That pretty much proves you can't read or understand context. Where did I say only Black people eat it? Thats a quite a bit different from saying if you are the type of person that believes only Black people eat it. Dont make your or anyone elses lack of reading comprehension into something its not.

Last edited:

If you are the type of person that believes only Black people eat chicken...

That pretty much proves you can't read or understand context. Where did I say only Black people eat it? Thats a quite a bit different from saying if you are the type of person that believes only Black people eat it. Dont make your or anyone elses lack of reading comprehension into something its not.

Tell you what, if you can point out where I said you said that, I will admit I was wrong.

Since you can't, you lose.

Tell you what, if you can point out where I said you said that, I will admit I was wrong.

Lose what? What is it that you want me to point out you said and where did I say you said it? I guess that means you lose since you cant even make sense on top of having bad reading comprehension issues.

Lose what? What is it that you want me to point out you said and where did I say you said it? I guess that means you lose since you cant even make sense on top of having bad reading comprehension issues.

so you really think school kids know about a film that is 100 years old?

They dont have to know about the film. They are just taught the attitudes handed down from people brainwashed by the movie.

I bet you cannot find anyone who actually saw that film that didn't see it as part of some stupid college class.
Since Birth of a Nation is nearly a hundred years old, not many people alive today have seen it but it's impact lives on. This portrayal of black people as lazy and ignorant spawned a huge amount of propaganda used to justify Jim Crow laws and racism in general. The propaganda took the form cartoons in movies, newspapers, and books. Some of the most persistent images were blacks drawn with exaggerated lips and broad noises gouging themselves on watermelon or eating chicken with the manners of pigs at a trough similar to some of the scenes in the movie. Cartoons such as these were very common into the 1940's.

They dont have to know about the film. They are just taught the attitudes handed down from people brainwashed by the movie.

I bet you cannot find anyone who actually saw that film that didn't see it as part of some stupid college class.
Since Birth of a Nation is nearly a hundred years old, not many people alive today have seen it but it's impact lives on. This portrayal of black people as lazy and ignorant spawned a huge amount of propaganda used to justify Jim Crow laws and racism in general. The propaganda took the form cartoons in movies, newspapers, and books. Some of the most persistent images were blacks drawn with exaggerated lips and broad noises gouging themselves on watermelon or eating chicken with the manners of pigs at a trough similar to some of the scenes in the movie. Cartoons such as these were very common into the 1940's.
Is it so unfair? Do you really think therent werent thousands upon thousands of black people that looked and acted exactly as you just described? Its not like they didnt exist.

Do me a favor, pretend you are an adult and admit that you were wrong when you claimed that the movie showed backs eating chicken and watermelon before you jump on the shiftless and lazy bandwagon.

In other words, shut the fuck up.

I'm with syrenn. I've never heard of a stereotype that Only Black People eat Fried Chicken and Watermelon.

Jeebus...Colonel Saunders is a white guy who peddled fried chicken - that's my dominant childhood understanding of the importance of fried chicken: one can buy buckets full at KFC.

Well you'd have to be a little versed in American history to understand how offensive it is.

You see at the start of this country, the founders allowed slaves.

And those slaves were Black Americans.

That went on until around 1863 when the Emancipation Proclamation was signed and the Conservatives of this nation decided to do what they do best, throw a reactionary fit. And that started the Civil War.

But that didn't end problems for Black Americans. Conservatives introduced Jim Crow laws in the south and basically stuffed Black Americans into crowded ghettoes through out most of the nation.

So Black Americans really sort of had a rough time of it here..and yeah, they get a little insulted about stereotypes.

That's never worked out to well.

Eating fried chicken is not the equivalent of slavery, moron.

Erm..yeah.

It is.

Moron.

Is it so unfair? Do you really think therent werent thousands upon thousands of black people that looked and acted exactly as you just described? Its not like they didnt exist.
Of course there were thousands that did fit that racial stereotype. However, millions of blacks who didn't fit the stereotype were saddled with the image of blacks as being a bit dimwitted, subservient, lazy, and not to be trusted with anything of any importance. These racial stereotypes of blacks in the early 20th century, was so strong, that many whites felt blacks didn't have the capability of doing anything other than manual labor and menial jobs. Of the nearly 1 million blacks that served in WWII, only one black division ever saw combat. Most blacks were relegated to construction, and supply, in menial jobs because it was common knowledge that blacks just didn't have what it takes in war. However, 20 years later when so many whites were being deferred from service in Viet Nam, blacks became perfectly accepted for combat.

Last edited:

Do me a favor, pretend you are an adult and admit that you were wrong when you claimed that the movie showed backs eating chicken and watermelon before you jump on the shiftless and lazy bandwagon.

In other words, shut the fuck up.
"It also depicts them winning the majority of seats in the House of Representatives, all the while drinking liquor and eating fried chicken. (These are just a few examples of the horrible stereotypes contained in this film). On the other side, the Ku Klux Klan are portrayed as heroes of the South who are fighting for peace and justice. They are depicted as moral men striking out against those who have committed heinous crimes."
Learning from a Legacy of Hate

Last edited:

Using your retarded logic then all white men are serial killers?

I call bullshit. This watermelon and fried chicken story comes out every February. No school is serving it because it's black history month.

Forum List

Back