Frogs! Tiny Frogs!

Yep I think it's a tree frog. Though they are supposed to spend most of their time in trees, I find them in our yard & garden all the time

Tree frogs are LOUD too!

Holy cow that is tiny! It looks like something from a rainforest, where do you live?

At the Gulf. And they are tiny. You should have seen it hopping around!

Is it raining in your area or rain in the forecast?

We have had a good bit of rain, yes.

I don't remember what movie it was, but someone had said that when frogs croak it will rain.

I live in Washington state and I have to agree, when the frogs start making noise it's going to rain...…..but I will say too that I'm not sure it happens that way everytime

Wonder why they keep getting in my house?
Are you holding any Jews captive?

That is not a tree frog in central ohio. Tree frogs up here are slender and sing at night. Tree frogs up here are also one color either brown or grey. Tree frogs up here have to have a pond or creek close by to lay their eggs. Tree frog singing puts me to sleep.

Put him out beside some permanent (fresh!) water.
There's an app iNaturalist, where you can upload pics of things, and find out what you've got.

Put him out beside some permanent (fresh!) water.
There's an app iNaturalist, where you can upload pics of things, and find out what you've got.

Good advice but I seriously doubt a tree frog will lay eggs in a bucket of water because I never saw that. When a kid I had all kinds of Little Science books and found out about the tree frog in Amphibians. There was a big Bullfrog in the creek behind my house which I named Elephant Toes. I suspect that a common snapping turtle got his toes and he croaked like a bullfrog should which is anything but singing. I caught Elephant Toes many times and turned him loose where I found him and he stayed behind my house for years and caught him with my bare hands and released him after showing him to my friends. I live on the bank of Big Darby Creek which later became a National and State Scenic River which prevented the Upper Darby Dam Project.

Last edited:
Tree frogs are LOUD too!

I don't remember what movie it was, but someone had said that when frogs croak it will rain.

I live in Washington state and I have to agree, when the frogs start making noise it's going to rain...…..but I will say too that I'm not sure it happens that way everytime

God, you just had to go there. It's a fucking frog thread.

Tree frogs are LOUD too!

There is something wrong with you dude.

The light from your windows and any outside lights attract bugs. Frogs like to eat bugs.

As JustAnotherNut said, catch it and put it outside. Those look like babies. Probably were tadpoles at the beginning of the summer.

wad15_16588811.jpg

That's a tree frog. They're kinda cute. Get it outside, AC kills tree frogs n lizards.

(So does all that poison around my house perimeter)

That is not a tree frog in central ohio. Tree frogs up here are slender and sing at night. Tree frogs up here are also one color either brown or grey. Tree frogs up here have to have a pond or creek close by to lay their eggs. Tree frog singing puts me to sleep.

All frogs have to have water to lay their eggs in. Toads and frogs will lay their eggs in temporary water after big spring rains.

A few years ago my adult children and I rented a house in Port St Joe FL. At night there were thousands of green tree frogs on all the windows and hanging around the door (the light attracted gnats). It was great. Until I was going out the door and one of them did their acrobatic distance leap and landed on my face. That was a WEIRD feeling.

A few years ago my adult children and I rented a house in Port St Joe FL. At night there were thousands of green tree frogs on all the windows and hanging around the door (the light attracted gnats). It was great. Until I was going out the door and one of them did their acrobatic distance leap and landed on my face. That was a WEIRD feeling.

There was ticks, too.

All frogs have to have water to lay their eggs in. Toads and frogs will lay their eggs in temporary water after big spring rains.

Maybe that's why I don't have too many, I dump all standing water daily because of skeeters.
Not too many frogs, but not too many mosquitoes, either.

Bah, this just reminded me there's something in the back yard I need to bust up and get rid of.

That is a priceless comment. Thank you!

Just catch it & put outside. They're harmless

I know. They can be hard to catch. I don't wanna. But, am afraid of stepping on them in the house. That would be awful.

Since you live around the gulf, Keep a fish scoop net in your coat closet to catch frogs and geckos.
They can come in while you are bringing in packages, through sliding door screen gap, or through the gaps at Air Conditioner hi & lo lines which lead under houses and apt units through pipe crawlspaces sometimes leading outside to a wide open brick size gap that often times has no mesh screen. If your outside a/c pipes leads into the wall with such a wide open space then fit a screen or plastic to seal off that area.
This will also reduce your palmetto bug infiltration.

Last edited:

God, you just had to go there. It's a fucking frog thread.

It's a joke! According to the bible, the second plague of Egypt was frogs. Frogs were everywhere, including people's houses.

Sorry if that somehow offended you!

P.S. The purpose of the plagues was to convince Pharaoh to let the Jewish people go (leave Egypt).

Yep I think it's a tree frog. Though they are supposed to spend most of their time in trees, I find them in our yard & garden all the time

Tree frogs are LOUD too!

Holy cow that is tiny! It looks like something from a rainforest, where do you live?

I wonder why as well, I know one time my cat brought one in. (a toad) we do not have tree frogs here that I know of. Cute little thing. I don't like any insects or critters in my house, I don't blame you.

Forum List

Back