From Sotloff's family

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
The family of Steven Sotloff spoke today, powerful words:

The family of American Steven Sotloff had a message Wednesday for the notorious leader of the so-called Islamic State, asking him to answer for the sin he committed with the beheading of the journalist.

Sotloff's family broke their silence the same day U.S. intelligence officials said the videotaped execution was authentic.

"I have a message for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," family spokesman Barak Barfi told reporters in Arabic, reading from a statement. "The month of Ramadan is the month of mercy. Where is your mercy?"

"Wayluk," Barfi said, using an Arabic phrase that roughly translates to committing a great sin.

The statement went on to cite passages from the Quran, asking al-Baghdadi why he violated the tenants.

"I am here debating you with kindness. I don't have a sword in my hand, and I am ready for your answer," according to the statement read by Barfi.

In English, Barfi told reporters gathered outside the Sotloff family's home in Miami: "Today, we grieve. This week, we mourn. But we will emerge from this ordeal ... We will not allow our enemies to hold us hostage with the sole weapons they possess, fear."

Slain journalist s family accuses ISIS leader of sin - CNN.com

Protests in the Muslim world....AGAINST ISIS:

Jihadists beheadings sow fear prompt Muslim revulsion

That's not enough. Where are the protests of Muslims here while they enjoy the freedoms of the USA???

Muslims Denounce ISIS As 8216 The Enemies Of Humanity 8217 at Public Protest in Michigan

Several, days ago. In Chicago Assyraians marched against ISIS, though a FEW some protested US bombings; in Calgary:

ISIS betraying Muslims says Calgary imam before hunger strike - Calgary - CBC News

Last edited:
Where are the powerful words? Powerful words would be more like "We are going to root you all out and kill you."

From the FAMILY of the Steven Sotloff, the American beheaded two days ago; lots of outrage, no attention to the human brutally 'executed'. And some in Congress are going forward. Ander Crenshaw, my House Representative, ignores the whole thing. Thank God Nelson, and McCarthy at least are working. Again, have YOU contacted those in Congress that represent you? I have.

That's not enough. Where are the protests of Muslims here while they enjoy the freedoms of the USA???

Muslims Denounce ISIS As 8216 The Enemies Of Humanity 8217 at Public Protest in Michigan

Several, days ago. In Chicago Assyraians marched against ISIS, though a FEW some protested US bombings; in Calgary:

ISIS betraying Muslims says Calgary imam before hunger strike - Calgary - CBC News

that protest was so small I live here and didn't even hear about it. A bit weak don't you think?....ten of thousand protest Israel in Washington. Your moral equivalency is noted

Where are the powerful words? Powerful words would be more like "We are going to root you all out and kill you."

From the FAMILY of the Steven Sotloff, the American beheaded two days ago; lots of outrage, no attention to the human brutally 'executed'. And some in Congress are going forward. Ander Crenshaw, my House Representative, ignores the whole thing. Thank God Nelson, and McCarthy at least are working. Again, have YOU contacted those in Congress that represent you? I have.

Murdered US Journalist "Kept His Judaism in Captivity"

soltoff.png

American journalist Steven Sotloff, who was brutally beheaded by the Islamic State terrorist group, took great risks to keep his Jewish faith in captivity, a former fellow-captive of the murdered journalist told Yediot Aharonoth.

Sotloff reportedly made sure to fast in secret during Yom Kippur and even prayed in the direction of Jerusalem, as is customary in Jewish prayers, despite the risk he faced if his Islamist captors ever found out he was Jewish.

One of Sotloff's fellow captives, who was subsequently released, told the paper that he feigned illness in order to escape his captors' suspicions.

"He told them he was ill and didn't want to eat, even though they brought us eggs that day," the witness told Yediot Aharonoth, "It looked like he was praying in a hidden way towards Jerusalem. He noted what way the Muslims were praying in and changed his direc

Murdered US Journalist Kept His Judaism in Captivity

that protest was so small I live here and didn't even hear about it. A bit weak don't you think?....ten of thousand protest Israel in Washington. Your moral equivalency is noted

Those who protest Israel are beneath contempt, in my eyes. I noted several small protests against ISIS yes. Those who are Muslim in the US are outnumbered, many are quiet on ISIS, most consider ISIS a cult, not Muslims. Again as for those that protest Israel I have only two words: F--- O--.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone in congress representing me.

soltoff.png

American journalist Steven Sotloff, who was brutally beheaded by the Islamic State terrorist group, took great risks to keep his Jewish faith in captivity, a former fellow-captive of the murdered journalist told Yediot Aharonoth.

Sotloff reportedly made sure to fast in secret during Yom Kippur and even prayed in the direction of Jerusalem, as is customary in Jewish prayers, despite the risk he faced if his Islamist captors ever found out he was Jewish.

One of Sotloff's fellow captives, who was subsequently released, told the paper that he feigned illness in order to escape his captors' suspicions.

"He told them he was ill and didn't want to eat, even though they brought us eggs that day," the witness told Yediot Aharonoth, "It looked like he was praying in a hidden way towards Jerusalem. He noted what way the Muslims were praying in and changed his direction slightly."

A brave man to be admired and mourned, never forgotten, thank you Jroc

THESE are the powerful words of his family for an exemplary human being who never lost his faith, and whose death must be never be brushed aside:

"I have a message for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," family spokesman Barak Barfi told reporters in Arabic, reading from a statement. "The month of Ramadan is the month of mercy. Where is your mercy?"

"Wayluk," Barfi said, using an Arabic phrase that roughly translates to committing a great sin.

The statement went on to cite passages from the Quran, asking al-Baghdadi why he violated the tenants.

"I am here debating you with kindness. I don't have a sword in my hand, and I am ready for your answer," according to the statement read by Barfi.

In English, Barfi told reporters gathered outside the Sotloff family's home in Miami: "Today, we grieve. This week, we mourn. But we will emerge from this ordeal ... We will not allow our enemies to hold us hostage with the sole weapons they possess, fear."

Nothing would be enough to you people who want to scapegoat all Muslims the way the Nazis scapegoated the Jews.

ISIS began its heinous acts slaughering Shi'ia Muslims, I know the difference. ISIS is a cult, are they truly Muslims?

The family of American Steven Sotloff had a message Wednesday for the notorious leader of the so-called Islamic State, asking him to answer for the sin he committed with the beheading of the journalist.

Sotloff's family broke their silence the same day U.S. intelligence officials said the videotaped execution was authentic.

OK so that's one Muslim out of millions. I applaud him, but it's not enough.

God bless the Sotloff family. May He give them comfort and courage during this difficult time. My prayers will continue to be with them.

Yes, and his family also showed the courage that held him through unknown torture, terror and physical death; may his light live on in our hearts.

soltoff.png

"He told them he was ill and didn't want to eat, even though they brought us eggs that day," the witness told Yediot Aharonoth, "It looked like he was praying in a hidden way towards Jerusalem. He noted what way the Muslims were praying in and changed his direc

Tzaddik! Such a sad thing, people should stop daydreaming and realize this demon called Da'esh is in everyone's back yard.

Garbage when ignored doesn't disappear, but stinks more.

soltoff.png

Tzaddik! Such a sad thing, people should stop daydreaming and realize this demon called Da'esh is in everyone's back yard.

Garbage when ignored doesn't disappear, but stinks more.

God bless, Steven Sotloff, courage in the face of horrible death.....

Cameron is with the USA, at NATO TODAY:

David Cameron makes the case for air strikes on Isis in Syria and Iraq and warns Assad is part of the problem - UK - News - The Independent

The Prime Minister dismissed suggestions that bombing raids on Isis positions in Syria would need the permission of President Assad’s government.

“My view is that President Assad is part of the problem, rather than part of the solution,” he said during a round of interviews ahead of the start of the Nato summit in South Wales.

“We have got to understand that Assad has been part of the creation of IS, rather than part of its answer."

Mr Cameron seemingly rejected out of hand proposals from some quarters of an alliance with the Syrian government, saying that the West had often found itself in "all sorts of moral quagmires" by simply saying "my enemy's enemy is my friend".

He said it was wrong to believe that air strikes in Syria would be illegal without Assad's approval.

"I don't think it's that complicated because obviously the Iraqi government is a legitimate government ... whereas President Assad has committed war crimes on his own people and is therefore illegitimate."

OK so that's one Muslim out of millions. I applaud him, but it's not enough.

1.6 billion muslums in the world and one must struggle to find a thirty person protest in Detroit... I'm unimpressed

The family of Steven Sotloff, the latest American journalist beheaded by ISIS, is reportedly "outraged" at the Obama administration for "deliberate leaks" they interpret as "an attempt to absolve the administration of inaction." This reporting comes Wednesday from no less a source than the New York Times, which chose to bury the news under more than two dozen paragraphs: Last Thursday, Mr. Sotloff’s mother, Shirley, appealed to the leader of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-proclaimed caliph of the Muslim world, to grant amnesty to her son. “I ask you to use your authority to spare his life,” she said...

Sotloff Family Furious with White House and The NYT Buried It

Forum List

Back