'Fuck You, Guns'

Don't know me at all do you.......

But you are right, just locking someone up doesn't work. We need to increase busting those who are producing or bringing the drugs in.........

No, we need to stop treating a medical problem like a criminal one.

Let me guess, you like your drugs don't you..........

Nope. But you aren't very bright, are you?

Incidently my whole expereince with drugs was that I took one hit off a joint. (And this was after I left the service.) And didn't see what the big deal was, frankly. Like most of the dumber things I did in my life, it was to impress a chick.

I also didn't see why we need to prosecute it, treat people who smoke it like criminals.

So why is pot illegal? The Alcohol industry doesn't want the competition.

[

Since a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to be used in a domestic murder or sucide than fending off a bad guy

Prove your claim.

You mean link to the Kellerman study AGAIN for the 100th time so you gun fetishists can squeel, "He counted suicides. You can't count suicides!"

Seriously.

Look up Kellerman Study. Then comfort yourself with all the NRA propaganda that says it doesn't count.

[

That worked real well with our 100% ban on cocaine, heroin and meth right? Seems to me that the scumbagts in this nation will still get their hands on guns if they are banned, just like they get their hands of coke, dope and meth. The ONLY people that would be effected by any gun ban would be law abiding citizens.

Since a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to be used in a domestic murder or sucide than fending off a bad guy, you'd probably save a lot of lives by disarming those law abiding citizens.

Let's not forget, Mama Lanza probably thought she needed protection, owning 8 guns. And she was shot with her own gun by her own son.

But she was protected, that was the important thing.

Run along son, that myth has been debunked so long ago it's funny how you liberals think you can still spew it like a fact.

MYTH 3:"Since a gun in a home is many times more likely to kill a family member than to stop a criminal, armed citizens are not a deterrent to crime."

This myth, stemming from a superficial "study" of firearm accidents in the Cleveland, Ohio, area, represents a comparison of 148 accidental deaths (including suicides) to the deaths of 23 intruders killed by home owners over a 16-year period. 2

]

No, the study came from something called the Kellerman Study, which investigated every death related to a firearm in Seattle.

And what it found was that for every intruder killed breaking into a home, there were 39 suicides, 3 domestic argument murders and 1 gun accident. - Hense, - 43 deaths of someone in the home for every intruder killed in defense of the home.

No, we need to stop treating a medical problem like a criminal one.

Incidently my whole expereince with drugs was that I took one hit off a joint. (And this was after I left the service.) And didn't see what the big deal was, frankly. Like most of the dumber things I did in my life, it was to impress a chick.

I also didn't see why we need to prosecute it, treat people who smoke it like criminals.

I guess you aren't so bright since we were talking about drugs like crack and H....And let me guess again, your name is Bill and you didn't inhale......

Get a life.........

[

Since a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to be used in a domestic murder or sucide than fending off a bad guy

Prove your claim.

You mean link to the Kellerman study AGAIN for the 100th time so you gun fetishists can squeel, "He counted suicides. You can't count suicides!"

Seriously.

Look up Kellerman Study. Then comfort yourself with all the NRA propaganda that says it doesn't count.

No, I mean prove your claim.

Since a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to be used in a domestic murder or sucide than fending off a bad guy, you'd probably save a lot of lives by disarming those law abiding citizens.

Let's not forget, Mama Lanza probably thought she needed protection, owning 8 guns. And she was shot with her own gun by her own son.

But she was protected, that was the important thing.

Run along son, that myth has been debunked so long ago it's funny how you liberals think you can still spew it like a fact.

MYTH 3:"Since a gun in a home is many times more likely to kill a family member than to stop a criminal, armed citizens are not a deterrent to crime."

This myth, stemming from a superficial "study" of firearm accidents in the Cleveland, Ohio, area, represents a comparison of 148 accidental deaths (including suicides) to the deaths of 23 intruders killed by home owners over a 16-year period. 2

]

No, the study came from something called the Kellerman Study, which investigated every death related to a firearm in Seattle.

And what it found was that for every intruder killed breaking into a home, there were 39 suicides, 3 domestic argument murders and 1 gun accident. - Hense, - 43 deaths of someone in the home for every intruder killed in defense of the home.

You can't fend off a bad guy without killing him? LOL!

Thanks for admitting your previous claim was wrong.

Kellerman even admited the study was flawed.

I guess you aren't so bright since we were talking about drugs like crack and H....And let me guess again, your name is Bill and you didn't inhale......

Get a life.........

Where were we talking about that? frankly, the war on drugs treats pot smokers just like crack smokers, and that's kind of the problem.

We've filled the prisons with these people, and we are less safe. You have to sit there cowering behind your big metal door and your small arsenal and are willing to tolerate crazy people having guns so you can have them, too.

Just fucking crazy, man. The rest of the world doesn't live like this. But a few assholes get rich off the arrangement, and the rest of us get screwed.

Kellerman even admited the study was flawed.

Never admitted anything of the sort. I know that's a RW talking point, but the Kellerman study is still accepted by the CDC, and Kellerman replicated it in several other cities.

[

Actually, it's unlikely you'll fend off a bad guy at all. Because most bad guys are smart enough not to break into your house until after you've gone to work.

Of course, a gun can be a danger to the family member. Sure, Kellerman didn't count all the times a bad guy was magically frightened away by a gu n, but he didn't count all the time a redneck threatened his kids with one, either.

[

Prove your claim.

Seriously.

I did. Now go away.

The right to bear arms is more than home protection. We may someday have to rebel against tyrants. Those tyrants would like nothing more than for us to have only tissue balls to throw at them.

Seriously.

I did. Now go away.

No you didn't.
How many people are killed by a gun in their house?
Divide by 43 and prove that that tiny number is the number of bad guys "fended off".

Let me know when you're done. Be sure to link all your stats.
Show all your work.
Or run away. LOL!

[

Actually, it's unlikely you'll fend off a bad guy at all. Because most bad guys are smart enough not to break into your house until after you've gone to work.

Of course, a gun can be a danger to the family member. Sure, Kellerman didn't count all the times a bad guy was magically frightened away by a gu n, but he didn't count all the time a redneck threatened his kids with one, either.

Because most bad guys are smart enough not to break into your house until after you've gone to work.

Sounds like my guns stopped the bad guy from breaking in while I'm home.
I'm safer and I wasn't murdered.
Thanks for disproving your own claim.

Because most bad guys are smart enough not to break into your house until after you've gone to work.

Except most bad guys aren't looking to murder you to start with.

Most murder victims know their killer, and they are usually fighting over something personal.

That you guys think that there are ramgaging gangs of home invaders out there is sort of silly.

If a bad guy is breaking into your house, it's because he wants something in there, and it's easier to take that when you aren't home.

Which is why 18% of guns recovered from criminals were - surprise, surprise, stolen from "law abiding" home owners.

The right to bear arms is more than home protection. We may someday have to rebel against tyrants. Those tyrants would like nothing more than for us to have only tissue balls to throw at them.

Quite true. The intent of the Second Amendment is not to give us concealed carry of a pistol or hunting with a shot gun, but to remind the Government that the citizenry is in fact armed.......

Most murder victims know their killer, and they are usually fighting over something personal.

That you guys think that there are ramgaging gangs of home invaders out there is sort of silly.

If a bad guy is breaking into your house, it's because he wants something in there, and it's easier to take that when you aren't home.

Which is why 18% of guns recovered from criminals were - surprise, surprise, stolen from "law abiding" home owners.

I can fend off bad guys who don't want to kill me.

You're right, no home break-ins here in Chicago when guns were banned. LOL!

In England, since they banned guns, bad guys aren't afraid to break in while you're home.
I wonder what changed their attitude?

Which is why 18% of guns recovered from criminals were - surprise, surprise, stolen from "law abiding" home owners

How many slugs are recovered from the criminals, during the autopsy?

I did. Now go away.

No you didn't.
Divide by 43 and prove that that tiny number is the number of bad guys "fended off".

Let me know when you're done. Be sure to link all your stats.
Show all your work.
Or run away. LOL!

Kellerman Study. End of discussion.

Or run away. Again.

Kellerman's study was fabricated, I linked the reasons earlier. The author even admitted mistakes.

Forum List

Back