Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

For those who say oh I need my pistol to stop a tyrannic governent.....let me say HAHAHAHAHA. And the government has you by the balls anyway.
Thank you for clearly illustrating how the left has trampled all over our constitutional rights. If the 2nd Amendment had been protected and upheld as intended, we would be on even-footing with the U.S. government in terms of arms.
Dude wake up it's 2018 and not 1776. People are getting shot everywhere...unlike other countries. Simply because of the 2nd amendment and nothing else. The constitution isn't flawless it needs updating. If you want your kids to be safe of course, or you don't to get shot for a road rage incident or when you fire someone, or a wife that found out you cheated on her. Guns able the weak to do a massive damage.

in terms of deaths and homicides the US ranks up there with Honduras, Iraq, Afghanistan ....are you proud of that Mr Rambo?
I’m proud of my constitutional rights and liberty. Not everyone can handle it. That’s why pussies like you should go to Cuba where the government has confiscated firearms. Funny how you don’t.

There ain't no God, sparky. Sky Daddy only exists in weak minds - like Mike Pence.
And she wonders why there are mass murders by children. :eusa_doh:

This is what happens when one rejects God and instead worships themselves (as Laky here does). Society breaks down into a bunch of neanderthals. Firearms aren’t the problem, sweetie. People like you are.

For those who say oh I need my pistol to stop a tyrannic governent.....let me say HAHAHAHAHA. And the government has you by the balls anyway.
Thank you for clearly illustrating how the left has trampled all over our constitutional rights. If the 2nd Amendment had been protected and upheld as intended, we would be on even-footing with the U.S. government in terms of arms.
Dude wake up it's 2018 and not 1776. People are getting shot everywhere...unlike other countries. Simply because of the 2nd amendment and nothing else. The constitution isn't flawless it needs updating. If you want your kids to be safe of course, or you don't to get shot for a road rage incident or when you fire someone, or a wife that found out you cheated on her. Guns able the weak to do a massive damage.

If you feel the 2nd Amendment is outdated then you should start a movement to repeal it. Just ignoring it and pretending it is not there is not the answer.

Guns able the weak to do a massive damage.
Guns enable the weak to defend themselves. That’s why violent crime has plummeted over the past couple of decades while firearm sales have skyrocketed.

Only criminals want guns outlawed. Speaks volumes about you.

If you feel the 2nd Amendment is outdated then you should start a movement to repeal it. Just ignoring it and pretending it is not there is not the answer.
First - kudos for an exceptional post.

Second - that requires effort. Something progressives refuse to give.

5a84dcd41e000037007abbe4.jpeg

Florida Republicans’ Offers Of Prayers Invite Accusations Of Hypocrisy

Sen. Marco Rubio and Gov. Rick Scott have long fought against gun control legislation.

Florida Republicans Sen. Marco Rubio and Gov. Rick Scott were swift to condemn the horrific school shooting in their state on Wednesday afternoon, offering prayers after a gunman killed at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Scott called for “thoughts and prayers” as news of the shooting emerged, and Rubio sent off a tweet calling the shooting an event “you pray never comes.”

But both men have a history of coziness with gun advocates, receiving “A+” ratings and endorsements from the National Rifle Association ahead of their respective elections in 2014 and 2016. The distinction is reserved “for legislators who have excellent voting records on Second Amendment issues and who have vigorously fought to promote and defend the right to keep and bear arms.”

During a Republican presidential primary debate in 2015, Rubio said new gun laws were “ineffective” and “infringe on the rights of law-abiding people and do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people.” A few months later, he went out and bought a gun on Christmas Eve.

Critics were quick to remind the lawmakers of their track records of voting against gun restrictions that could help prevent tragedies like the one in Parkland.

More: Florida Republicans' Offers Of Prayers Invite Accusations Of Hypocrisy

More thoughts and prayers. What a crock of shit. That's stone-age mentality.

Thoughts and prayers are the next best thing to actually trying to do something about the problem.

People are getting shot everywhere...
No they really aren’t, drama queen. Stop being such a progressive limp-wristed drama queen. Put your big boy pants on and be an adult for once. Emotional, irrational, knee-jerk reactions solves nothing.

The gun lobby has such a stranglehold on the Right that Republicans are incapable of even supporting the tiniest of measures to try to make the situation just a little bit better.

The gun lobby has such a stranglehold on the Right that Republicans are incapable of even supporting the tiniest of measures to try to make the situation just a little bit better.
And why do you think that is, NYC?

5a84df812100003800601441.jpeg

The former congresswoman, who was wounded in 2011, tweets in the wake of the Florida shooting that “American voters must” take action.

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.

Giffords, who represented Arizona’s 8th District from 2007 to 2012, was shot in the head in an assassination attempt at an event north of Tucson in 2011. She was left with extensive injuries. Six people were killed and 13 others were wounded in the shooting.

She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting. In the wake of the Las Vegas Strip shooting last October, Kelly said that, “until we seriously accept this — and the people in that building [the Capitol] accept this — as a serious public health crisis, we will have other mass shootings like this.”

On Wednesday, as authorities confirmed at least 17 people had died in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, northwest of Fort Lauderdale, Giffords posted a series of tweets calling for politicians to reform America’s gun laws.

In her tweets, Giffords took aim at “defenders of the status quo” in politics and the firearm industry who attempt to blame such mass shootings on factors besides the availability of guns. She said that it was possible to prevent future tragedies occurring, criticizing politicians who “vote against our safety.”

More: Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Good question. I don't know. Does anyone have an answer? Most parents can't or won't homeschool, plus kids need the social interaction that comes from organized schools. I'm sure we can all agree that we want school children to be safe.

No, it's not safe. I won't be until we arm and train faculty.

No, it's not safe. I won't be until we arm and train faculty.

It won't be safe until we repair our broken culture. Too large a part of our population has rejected God, devalued human life, and eschewed basic morality and common sense. Too large a portion has embraced immorality, perversion, madness, and outright evil. More guns isn't the solution. Less guns isn't the solution.

Thoughts and prayers are the next best thing to actually trying to do something about the problem.
Especially when there is no problem to do anything about... :dunno:

And especially when the proposed “solutions” will do nothing to mitigate the problem that they are purported to address, and, if anything, will only make it worse.

Last edited:
5a84df812100003800601441.jpeg

The former congresswoman, who was wounded in 2011, tweets in the wake of the Florida shooting that “American voters must” take action.

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.

Giffords, who represented Arizona’s 8th District from 2007 to 2012, was shot in the head in an assassination attempt at an event north of Tucson in 2011. She was left with extensive injuries. Six people were killed and 13 others were wounded in the shooting.

She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting. In the wake of the Las Vegas Strip shooting last October, Kelly said that, “until we seriously accept this — and the people in that building [the Capitol] accept this — as a serious public health crisis, we will have other mass shootings like this.”

On Wednesday, as authorities confirmed at least 17 people had died in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, northwest of Fort Lauderdale, Giffords posted a series of tweets calling for politicians to reform America’s gun laws.

In her tweets, Giffords took aim at “defenders of the status quo” in politics and the firearm industry who attempt to blame such mass shootings on factors besides the availability of guns. She said that it was possible to prevent future tragedies occurring, criticizing politicians who “vote against our safety.”

More: Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Good question. I don't know. Does anyone have an answer? Most parents can't or won't homeschool, plus kids need the social interaction that comes from organized schools. I'm sure we can all agree that we want school children to be safe.
As long as murdering dimocrats insist on gun free zones, no it is not safe.

Is it safe to leave the doors to schools unlocked all day so any Tom Dick or Harry can just walk in willy nilly?

Seems to me something as basic as locking doors and controlling entry to schools would go a long way in preventing these tragedies?

Forum List

Back