Gallup- Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

The title speaks for itself. A very, very disturbing data point

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 49% say U.S. is No. 1 military power in world, down from last year
  • Views that U.S. is spending too little on defense are edging up
  • Republicans much more likely to say military spending is too little
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

Anyone who doesn't know the US is by far the strongest military in the world is an idiot and not worth trying to educate
Many of them are seeking the GOP nomination for President. Not surprisingly.

Who? Can you back that up?
Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

With Rubio I'm calling you out as a liar. He clearly does not believe that. You flat out made it up.

Show me the quotes that Trump and Cruz believe we are not the strongest military in the world. I seriously doubt they said that either.. You just want them to have said that

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
China has a larger Army.

The primary mission of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control
They have limited global reach outside their borders[/QUOTE

Either Korea or Taiwan could draw us into a conflict with China. Right now I'm not particular worried about that the US still holds a technological lead over China , but if the US military continues with to cut the forces that lead won't mean crap against a force numbering in the millions.

The Chinese have millions under arms
They need them to control their 1.5 billion people

They have no way of ferrying 1 million Chinese soldiers to Taiwan
Bring them to Korea and they will make nice targets for US forces

The bigger story is China, after years of isolation has no intention of engaging in war with their primary markets

Either Korea or Taiwan could draw us into a conflict with China. Right now I'm not particular worried about that the US still holds a technological lead over China , but if the US military continues with to cut the forces that lead won't mean crap against a force numbering in the millions.

Nonsense. Combat troops are not what protects us from China. Technology does. And no one is advocating cutting that.

Why do we need to be able to conduct two foreign wars at the same time? Why do we need to be able to conduct one? How does that protect the United States?

But if it comes down to troops actually protecting us, we're screwed, china is five times as big as we are. We need to be able to kill their troops before they get here

How could China ever get their troops here?

Nonsense. Combat troops are not what protects us from China. Technology does. And no one is advocating cutting that.

Why do we need to be able to conduct two foreign wars at the same time? Why do we need to be able to conduct one? How does that protect the United States?

But if it comes down to troops actually protecting us, we're screwed, china is five times as big as we are. We need to be able to kill their troops before they get here
I had read somewhere that the Army alone was cutting 40,000 troops that doesn't sound like much but its the equivalent of 4 divisions. Technology is great but ground wars are fought with Soldiers and Marines. If North Korea invades the South China will become involved.

The title speaks for itself. A very, very disturbing data point

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 49% say U.S. is No. 1 military power in world, down from last year
  • Views that U.S. is spending too little on defense are edging up
  • Republicans much more likely to say military spending is too little
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

Anyone who doesn't know the US is by far the strongest military in the world is an idiot and not worth trying to educate

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

With Rubio I'm calling you out as a liar. He clearly does not believe that. You flat out made it up.

Show me the quotes that Trump and Cruz believe we are not the strongest military in the world. I seriously doubt they said that either.. You just want them to have said that

Easiest thing I've done all day is to make you look dumber than normal:

READ: Marco Rubio Has a Detailed Plan to Rebuild Our Military to Face Any Threat

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

READ: Marco Rubio Has a Detailed Plan to Rebuild Our Military to Face Any Threat

Hence, we don't have to "rebuild" the strongest military in the world. Of course you'll come up with some asinine bullshit avenue to make Senator Rubio's statement make sense in to try to save what's left of your manhood. But everyone else knows better already.

You lose. You should be used to it by now.

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
China has a larger Army.

The primary mission of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control
They have limited global reach outside their borders[/QUOTE

The Chinese have millions under arms
They need them to control their 1.5 billion people

They have no way of ferrying 1 million Chinese soldiers to Taiwan
Bring them to Korea and they will make nice targets for US forces

The bigger story is China, after years of isolation has no intention of engaging in war with their primary markets
We called the US troops stationed near the DMZ speed bumps because they could only slow down an invading North.

We have the most powerful military force ever created in human history. So obviously we're #1. However, we're an absolute embarrassment when it comes to taking care of our soldiers and their families. So many of them are resorting to welfare for survival. And that's just an awful indignity for folks who risked their lives for our country.

And we're even more of an embarassment when it comes to taking care of our Veterans. So many have died waiting for treatment. And they're still dying. It seems so many truly enjoy sending our kids off to die and be maimed, but they hate taking caring of them and their families. We can definitely do better. If you want war, you have to accept all the costs. Period, end of story.
--------------------------- might seem cold but hey , its an all volunteer military Paul . When prior wars have been fought the enlisted and conscripted guys left the military and went to work having jobs , kids and families . That's what happened in my family and most of my friends families as most all my friends Dads had been in WW2 or Korea Paul .

We have the most powerful military force ever created in human history. So obviously we're #1. However, we're an absolute embarrassment when it comes to taking care of our soldiers and their families. So many of them are resorting to welfare for survival. And that's just an awful indignity for folks who risked their lives for our country.

And we're even more of an embarassment when it comes to taking care of our Veterans. So many have died waiting for treatment. And they're still dying. It seems so many truly enjoy sending our kids off to die and be maimed, but they hate taking caring of them and their families. We can definitely do better. If you want war, you have to accept all the costs. Period, end of story.
--------------------------- might seem cold but hey , its an all volunteer military Paul . When prior wars have been fought the enlisted and conscripted guys left the military and went to work having jobs , kids and families . That's what happened in my family and most of my friends families as most all my friends Dads had been in WW2 or Korea Paul .

You really gonna go with that for an excuse? You Warmongers continue on this track, and very few American kids are gonna want to volunteer for service. And it's interesting you guys have all the tax dollars you need when it comes to starting more wars. But somehow, you guys always come up short when it comes to helping our brave soldiers and their families.

There just isn't enough money in the till for that. You guys should seriously consider all the costs before starting more wars. You owe that to our brave kids. Think about that next time when you find yourself calling for another war.

You really gonna go with that for an excuse? You Warmongers continue on this track, and very few American kids are gonna want to volunteer for service. And it's interesting you guys have all the tax dollars you need when it comes to starting more wars. But somehow, you guys always come up short when it comes to helping our brave soldiers and their families.

There just isn't enough money in the till for that. You guys should seriously consider all the costs before starting more wars. You owe that to our brave kids. Think about that next time when you find yourself calling for another war.
------------------------------------ as I have said , there needs to be a draft Paul !!

------------------------------------ as I have said , there needs to be a draft Paul !!

You've lost it. WWIII isn't the answer. Think about it some more.

How could China ever get their troops here?

Um...that's what I said. I'd invite you to try to keep up, but that would be a first...

I had read somewhere that the Army alone was cutting 40,000 troops that doesn't sound like much but its the equivalent of 4 divisions. Technology is great but ground wars are fought with Soldiers and Marines. If North Korea invades the South China will become involved.

So you think that if it comes down to "troops" in south korea, we can possibly match the Chinese and North Koreans? Seriously?

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

OK, so I read that entire article and nowhere did I find any support for your contention that Rubio thinks there's a military out there stronger than ours.

I have to ask if you understand the discussion at this point. Read the thread title. If we are not the "number 1" military, that means that they think there is a military out there stronger than ours. Yet despite all the fur flying, you aren't addressing the question. So let me rephrase it for you.

Who ... thinks there is a military stronger than ours. Name the candidate, and name the military they think is stronger than ours. Or at least provide a quote that says ours isn't the strongest.

For sure Rubio thinks the US military strength has declined. But focus on that THAT ISN'T THE DISCUSSION. If we are not #1, that means they are saying there is a military STRONGER THAN OURS.

That is the challenge. Take your hand out of your pants and actually address the question

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

Hence, we don't have to "rebuild" the strongest military in the world. Of course you'll come up with some asinine bullshit avenue to make Senator Rubio's statement make sense in to try to save what's left of your manhood. But everyone else knows better already.

You lose. You should be used to it by now.

NAME A COUNTRY RUBIO IS SAYING IS STRONGER MILITARILY THAT WE HAVE!!!!!!!!!

At some point, will you grasp what we are discussing? I'm thinking no

naw Kaz , get them all , its amazing but many of the socalled Conservative woman get right behind their feminazi sisters when its conveiniant . Yep , they say that we are all equal , let them all learn the truth Kaz !!

The US spends about 650 billion/year, second would be China at around 130 billion/year.

If we aren't #1 then someone owes us 520 billion dollars right now. Who in their adled mind would think our military isn't spending enough? WTF?
the difference is that those other countries are not paying to maintain bases every where in the world that they dont really need to be.

Forum List

Back