Gallup: Americans Not Very Concerned About Gun Violence, Immigration Reform...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Yet Big Brother continues to force his destructive agendas on the People.

In a list of 12 priorities for leaders in Washington, Americans ranked gun violence and immigration reform at the very bottom, as the 11th and 12th priorities, respectively.

The Gallup survey released Tuesday reveals that two of the major issues dominating headlines and the attention of lawmakers are not the issues most Americans rank as a top or high priority. The top priorities for Americans, according to the survey are “creating more jobs” and “helping the economy grow,” both with 86 percent of Americans saying those issues should be the number one priorities.

About half of Americans said that “reducing gun violence” and “reforming immigration” should be a top or high priority, about 30 percentage points less than the economy and jobs.

Other topics that draw decisively more public support than the two issues that have mesmerized official Washington this year include reforming Social Security and Medicare, improving education, fixing government inefficiency, reforming the tax code and cutting the deficit.

The poll Gallup conducted from May 4-5 of 1,021 Americans revealed that Republicans and Democrats were relatively similar in their rankings for most issues — except for issues of health care and gun violence...

Read more: Gallup: Americans don't care about gun violence, immigration | The Daily Caller

Your subject line is misleading. The poll does not say they're not very concerned. It says they were 11th and 12th of the top priority concerns. The title implies people aren't concerned. Then you proceed to to say they weren't top priority concerns, when Gallup obviously says they are. I think you need to read things more carefully or just give us your opinion, instead of relying on what others say.

Your subject line is misleading. The poll does not say they're not very concerned. It says they were 11th and 12th of the top priority concerns. The title implies people aren't concerned. Then you proceed to to say they weren't top priority concerns, when Gallup obviously says they are. I think you need to read things more carefully or just give us your opinion, instead of relying on what others say.

Definitely true, but I think the main point is highlighting that our Gov't and media have been focusing pretty darn heavily on some things that are not on the American people's top ten priority list per the recent gallop poll.

I ask the question... why?

It shows Big Brother is forcing agendas the People don't want or need. It's all just manufactured fear & hysteria. The People want to keep their firearms, and don't want Amnesty. That's the actual reality. Now we'll see if they stand up tell Big Brother that.

Definitely true, but I think the main point is highlighting that our Gov't and media have been focusing pretty darn heavily on some things that are not on the American people's top ten priority list per the recent gallop poll.

The answer is easy. Politicians of both parties concentrate their legislative initiatives on their top priorities, and that involves gaining or maintaining their political power base.

Neither congress, nor the president is pushing immigration reform because they believe it is good for the nation, they are pushing it in an effort to gain some small advantage in the next election cycle. That governing thingy gets in the way of politics, and is therefore delegated to the bureaucracy to handle.

The answer is easy. Politicians of both parties concentrate their legislative initiatives on their top priorities, and that involves gaining or maintaining their political power base.

Neither congress, nor the president is pushing immigration reform because they believe it is good for the nation, they are pushing it in an effort to gain some small advantage in the next election cycle. That governing thingy gets in the way of politics, and is therefore delegated to the bureaucracy to handle.

Yeah, they're clearly forcing agendas most Americans don't want or need. They just whip up enough fear & hysteria by way of the corrupt MSM, and then jam the junk through.

A breakdown of who values what...

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 57

Because blood sells.

Forum List

Back