Gay And Lesbian Couples Are More Likely To Be Poor

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Boston--“The myth of gay and lesbian affluence is just that--a myth,” says a study published March 20 by the Williams Institute.

The study, titled “Poverty in the Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Community” is not the first to challenge the myth of gay and lesbian affluence. But it is the most complete, and the first to use actual census data and other well-regarded studies to track family growth and health indicators.

It is also the first to analyze the causes and consequences of poverty among gays, lesbians and bisexuals.

Gay and lesbian couples are more likely to be poor study finds

Boston--“The myth of gay and lesbian affluence is just that--a myth,” says a study published March 20 by the Williams Institute.

The study, titled “Poverty in the Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Community” is not the first to challenge the myth of gay and lesbian affluence. But it is the most complete, and the first to use actual census data and other well-regarded studies to track family growth and health indicators.

It is also the first to analyze the causes and consequences of poverty among gays, lesbians and bisexuals.

Gay and lesbian couples are more likely to be poor study finds
not the way it is out here in OC.....but im sure somewhere out there some gay people are just getting by like so many others....

Wow ... Where is the news?

The study found that rural gays are poorer than metropolitan gays. Single parent gay households are poorer than married couple households. Older gays are poorer than younger gays. Lesbians are poorer than gay males.

It is amazing they spent money researching the obvious and the same statements stand true minus the gay element.

The only difference identified in the article is how gay activists created the stereotype of affluence in order to generate corporate sponsorship for gay events and travel agencies.

The study found that rural gays are poorer than metropolitan gays. Single parent gay households are poorer than married couple households. Older gays are poorer than younger gays. Lesbians are poorer than gay males.

It is amazing they spent money researching the obvious and the same statements stand true minus the gay element.

The only difference identified in the article is how gay activists created the stereotype of affluence in order to generate corporate sponsorship for gay events and travel agencies.

The Future Farmers of America do the same...

This "study" is nothing more than an attempt to influence public opinion and policy.

If Gays and Lesbians are truly in love, then money is of no consequence to them.

I disappear for a month, come back, and this homophobic fuckwit has taken over? What is the world coming to?

Gay and lesbian people are likely to be poor as they're simply dumber than shit and make bad choices in life.

Gay and lesbian people are likely to be poor as they're simply dumber than shit and make bad choices in life.
You are simply a "dumb", piece of "shit", Matthew.

Hope you don't take offence for me using, "dumb", and "shit" from your post, mattpooh (it rhymes).

You didn't think they'd stop exploiting gays just because they won marriage, did you?

You mean like Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo and Ralph Waldo Emerson -- that sort of "dumb as shit"?

FARMER DAVE: HOW DOGS HELPED ME COME OUT

image001.jpg

Farmer Dave How dogs helped me come out Star Observer

I'm gay, but given the choice would I rather be straight?

gay-grindr_3147037e.jpg

There's never been a better time to be a gay man, says Cristo Foufas, but the judgemental, dismissive nature of the gay community has got to stop
Last week, I posted the following on Twitter:

“As a gay man I'd never believe being gay is wrong. But if it were a choice? I'd be straight. Which I'm sure is terribly un-PC, but honest.”

The tweet provoked some strong feelings among friends and followers, so let me explain where I was coming from.

I m gay but given the choice would I rather be straight - Telegraph

I disappear for a month, come back, and this homophobic fuckwit has taken over? What is the world coming to?

I fail to see importance of study saying gays are poorer? So are blacks. Does that mean inferior or something else far more complex. Silly topic.

I'm poor but I have a solution. If
everybody sends me $1, all my problems will be solved.

“A lot of these businesses are global in reach, and when you have customers all over the world, it becomes a question of ‘Will they hold that (being gay) against you?’” Thiel told Business Insider.

He continued, “I think that there is this globalization element to it that sort of cuts in a weirdly different way. It’s not really a question of how tolerant people are in California.”

Thiel added the same thing happens with celebrities in LA, who tend to not acknowledge their sexuality in public out of fear of losing their global audience. “You could say Hollywood is very tolerant of gay people, but the movie viewers, the global audience, is what makes people nervous (about coming out).”

Openly Gay Billionaire Investor Says This Might Be Why There Are No Publicly Gay CEOs At Any Fortune 500 Company Business Insider

“A lot of these businesses are global in reach, and when you have customers all over the world, it becomes a question of ‘Will they hold that (being gay) against you?’” Thiel told Business Insider.

He continued, “I think that there is this globalization element to it that sort of cuts in a weirdly different way. It’s not really a question of how tolerant people are in California.”

Thiel added the same thing happens with celebrities in LA, who tend to not acknowledge their sexuality in public out of fear of losing their global audience. “You could say Hollywood is very tolerant of gay people, but the movie viewers, the global audience, is what makes people nervous (about coming out).”

Openly Gay Billionaire Investor Says This Might Be Why There Are No Publicly Gay CEOs At Any Fortune 500 Company Business Insider

the theory had been that homosexuals reproduced and prospered because they had the best of men and women in them. Now that theory is called into question when it is revealed that homosexuals have lower rather than higher incomes.

Forum List

Back