Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

Me neither, but I do remember all kinds of things dealing with marriages being put before me. Like during story hour. I am sure you would agree that gay married couples should have their relationships included with other books teachers read to their students. To do otherwise would not be fair, would it? Why should stories that contain a traditional marriage be permitted, unless "My Two Dads" can also be read? Nice try. Keep swingin, poofter.

so your contention is that if gay marriage is legalized, millions of children will be psychologically damaged during story hour?

you rode the short bus, huh?

Not my contention at all, but I do understand how someone as intellectually challenged might infer that. My contention is very simple- if gay relationships are put on equal footing with traditional marriage, shouldn't it be ok to include in story hour tales that include gay relationships? Why should gay relationships not be included in the books read to third-graders?

And yet, not a peep about beastiality in books read to third-graders.

How about that a public school cannot refrain from reading such a book due to its content. After all, we gotta treat all relationships equally.... would you have an issue with a school in Oklahoma that will read stories involving traditional marriages, but will not read stories involving gay marriages?

If it's a public school and that's their PUBLIC policy, then sure(i'd have a problem with their refraining). If it's done quietly then perhaps noone would notice.

I don't see Indians or African Americans or Asian Americans putting up a stink about equality in Children's books, do you have an argument for them also?

If blacks and indians were systematically excluded from education when other races were included- you bet Id have a problem with that. How is a policy that does not essentially teach gay marriage in the same way it teaches traditional marriage not discriminatory?

so your contention is that if gay marriage is legalized, millions of children will be psychologically damaged during story hour?

you rode the short bus, huh?

Not my contention at all, but I do understand how someone as intellectually challenged might infer that. My contention is very simple- if gay relationships are put on equal footing with traditional marriage, shouldn't it be ok to include in story hour tales that include gay relationships? Why should gay relationships not be included in the books read to third-graders?

bestiality is probably not a subject that should be addressed in our schools.

How about that a public school cannot refrain from reading such a book due to its content. After all, we gotta treat all relationships equally.... would you have an issue with a school in Oklahoma that will read stories involving traditional marriages, but will not read stories involving gay marriages?

If it's a public school and that's their PUBLIC policy, then sure(i'd have a problem with their refraining). If it's done quietly then perhaps noone would notice.

I don't see Indians or African Americans or Asian Americans putting up a stink about equality in Children's books, do you have an argument for them also?

If blacks and indians were systematically excluded from education when other races were included- you bet Id have a problem with that. How is a policy that does not essentially teach gay marriage in the same way it teaches traditional marriage not discriminatory?

And at one time, that's exactly the way the MAJORITY wanted it. It took the courts to get that changed and there is still the occasional backlash over it decades later.

bestiality is probably not a subject that should be addressed in our schools.

It most certainly is.

It is discriminatory. What are you talking about? I said excluding Gay Marriages from literature as a policy, was wrong. You musta mis-read me.

Then again, I wasn't really formally "taught" what marriage is in a school to begin with so I don't understand this whole premise to begin with. My books were like...........Clifford and shit If I recall correctly.

I also read playboy as a child:eek:

Exactly del.

Marriage is just a word. Homosexual couples exist with or without it.

How'd pretending homosexuality doesn't exist work out for the past generations?

Who ever pretended such a thing? Or are you makin stuff up?

You're asking how do we explain it to the children, right? As if homosexuals don't exist without "Marriage" and that is just a bogus argument pretending as if being honest with children in an appropriate context is part of the scary gay agenda. :doubt:

How'd that head-in-the-sand approach work out for the last generation?

These families ALREADY exist and it is not unlawful for adults to be free to love whomever they love, so ask yourself what is the lesson in teaching children some families don't deserve equal access to the benefits of marriage?

What is the lesson in teaching children that cocaine is bad while the teacher sips coffee? Because not everything is weighed the same...

you guess wrong. incestuous couples are illegal. gay couples are not.

I guess there is a tendency to discriminate against the older party of an incentuous couple.

why shouldnt a brother and sister that want to be married to each other be allowed to do that very thing? What if they promise not to have sex (which is what the proscription involves). After all, its just marriage...

I think you already know the answers. If you don't, promise to not reproduce EVER.

Who ever pretended such a thing? Or are you makin stuff up?

You're asking how do we explain it to the children, right? As if homosexuals don't exist without "Marriage" and that is just a bogus argument pretending as if being honest with children in an appropriate context is part of the scary gay agenda. :doubt:

These families ALREADY exist and it is not unlawful for adults to be free to love whomever they love, so ask yourself what is the lesson in teaching children some families don't deserve equal access to the benefits of marriage?

What is the lesson in teaching children that cocaine is bad while the teacher sips coffee? Because not everything is weighed the same...

Cocaine addiction? :lol:

What is BAD about a homosexual?

It is discriminatory. What are you talking about? I said excluding Gay Marriages from literature as a policy, was wrong. You musta mis-read me.

Then again, I wasn't really formally "taught" what marriage is in a school to begin with so I don't understand this whole premise to begin with. My books were like...........Clifford and shit If I recall correctly.

I also read playboy as a child:eek:

Of course you weren't formally taught about traditional marriage. But you were taught about it.

I guess there is a tendency to discriminate against the older party of an incentuous couple.

why shouldnt a brother and sister that want to be married to each other be allowed to do that very thing? What if they promise not to have sex (which is what the proscription involves). After all, its just marriage...

I think you already know the answers. If you don't, promise to not reproduce EVER.

A brother and sister can legally be in love. Why should they not be able to marry, if gays can? Whats the difference?

Cocaine addiction? :lol:

What is BAD about a homosexual?

The point is that not all drugs are treated the same. And neither are all relationships.:cuckoo:

Of course you weren't formally taught about traditional marriage. But you were taught about it.

Not in a curriculum I wasn't, I was taught who a mommy and daddy were by.........................dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....THEM!

And when I have children, I will teach them that there's also same-sex couples, and that that is acceptable by our family's standards also.

A brother and sister can legally be in love. Why should they not be able to marry, if gays can? Whats the difference?

Why don't you start a petition...?

Forum List

Back