Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

So, you admit it is gender discrimination.

no. no more than I admit potheads and heroin abusers are subject to discriminatory drug laws.

:eusa_shhh: Don't tell the children but those people are PARENTS too! :eek:

thats beside the point. our drug laws treat potheads and heroin abusers differently than caffeine users. In much the same way that heterosexual couples are treeated differently from homosexual couples under marital law.

The point is that not all drugs are treated the same. And neither are all relationships.:cuckoo:

This makes no sense. Coffee and cocaine aren't people, they have no equal standards issues or feelings or rights. wow.

But cocaine- and coffee users are people, subject to very different legal treatment.

Well, yeah. The harmful effects of Cocaine are worse than coffee. True story. Same as heroin is worse than Pot.

Of course you weren't formally taught about traditional marriage. But you were taught about it.

Not in a curriculum I wasn't, I was taught who a mommy and daddy were by.........................dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....THEM!

And when I have children, I will teach them that there's also same-sex couples, and that that is acceptable by our family's standards also.

You were also taught about marriage by your teacher.

As for same sex marriages- how you teach your children is not at issue.

No, I don't recall being taught this by a Teacher, and I also don't see the harm in being taught this by a teacher for both gays and straights, either. Meaning, I don't see your point really at all.

Of course you weren't formally taught about traditional marriage. But you were taught about it.

Not in a curriculum I wasn't, I was taught who a mommy and daddy were by.........................dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....THEM!

And when I have children, I will teach them that there's also same-sex couples, and that that is acceptable by our family's standards also.

My teachers never taught us about marriage. Ever.

And check your PMs...for a while I couldn't get on this thread, but I gave you examples of beastiality being taught in elementary school.

They can have children the same way that gays do- why should they not be permitted?
I'm just telling you what the incest laws are based on. It's so that society frowns upon them being together at all, in its' best attempt, because the children they'd create sexually by mistake or on-purpose would be malformed. That's child-abuse and should be frowned upon by society in any way.

This makes no sense. Coffee and cocaine aren't people, they have no equal standards issues or feelings or rights. wow.

But cocaine- and coffee users are people, subject to very different legal treatment.

Well, yeah. The harmful effects of Cocaine are worse than coffee. True story. Same as heroin is worse than Pot.

one can imbibe cocaine and heroin with no ill effects.

What is the lesson in teaching children that cocaine is bad while the teacher sips coffee? Because not everything is weighed the same...

Cocaine addiction? :lol:

What is BAD about a homosexual?

The point is that not all drugs are treated the same. And neither are all relationships.:cuckoo:
The government, thru the XIV amendment is not required to treat all drugs equally under the law. The government IS required to treat all citizens equally under the law.

They can have children the same way that gays do- why should they not be permitted?
I'm just telling you what the incest laws are based on. It's so that society frowns upon them being together at all, in its' best attempt, because the children they'd create sexually by mistake or on-purpose would be malformed. That's child-abuse and should be frowned upon by society in any way.

The laws proscribing incestuous marriages and polygamous marriages are based on exactly the same reasoning as those that proscribe gay marriages

polygamy is only illegal as it applies to marriage.

Realizing that polygamy literally means "many marriage" that makes sense.

Immie

polygamy is the opposite of monogamy- does not necessarily refer to marriage- although that is generally how it is understood.

Might want to check your definitions:

Monogamy = One sexual partner for life

Bigamy = Two Marriage

Polygamy = Many Marriage

Definition of Monogamy

monogamy - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education

1) The practice or condition of having a single sexual partner during a period of time.

2a) The practice or condition of being married to only one person at a time.

2b)The practice of marrying only once in a lifetime.

Zoology The condition of having only one mate during a breeding season or during the breeding life of a pair.

Definition of Bigamy

Bigamy is the condition of having two wives or two husbands at the same time.

Definition of Polygamy:

Polygamy Law & Legal Definition

Polygamy means having more than one wife or husband at the same time, usually implying more than just two (which is "bigamy").

I am open to other definitions if you can find them.

Note: both bigamy and polygamy deal only with marriage and having multiple spouses at a given time, unless you can find another definition.

Living in a monogamous relationship is not always dealing with spousal relationships.

Immie

Cocaine addiction? :lol:

What is BAD about a homosexual?

The government, thru the XIV amendment is not required to treat all drugs equally under the law. The government IS required to treat all citizens equally under the law.

true. which is why gays cannot be excluded from our marriage laws, any more than a man in love with two women can be.

The laws proscribing incestuous marriages and polygamous marriages are based on exactly the same reasoning as those that proscribe gay marriages

Which is....?

Realizing that polygamy literally means "many marriage" that makes sense.

Immie

polygamy is the opposite of monogamy- does not necessarily refer to marriage- although that is generally how it is understood.

Might want to check your definitions:

Monogamy = One sexual partner for life

Bigamy = Two Marriage

Polygamy = Many Marriage

Definition of Monogamy

monogamy - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education

Definition of Bigamy

Definition of Polygamy:

Polygamy Law & Legal Definition

Polygamy means having more than one wife or husband at the same time, usually implying more than just two (which is "bigamy").

I am open to other definitions if you can find them.

Note: both bigamy and polygamy deal only with marriage and having multiple spouses at a given time, unless you can find another definition.

Living in a monogamous relationship is not always dealing with spousal relationships.

Immie

might want to check the latin derivatives.

Forum List

Back