Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

I don't know what your 12-year old's term "poofter" means.

You're not against gay marriage, you're just a guy who spits gay slurs at gays.(i'm not gay btw, I'm married and my ten).

i spit em at straight people too, queenie.

Awww, rabbit ears, have we gotten to you?
I can get down in the mudd also, if necessary. Keep pushing short stack.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we should feel sorry for a person who has to pretend to want to have a calm, logical argument . That must have been exhausting for him.

Is that your objective opinion? LOL.

IS there a good argument to ban legal gay marriage? Give us one.

That would be a little pointless, don't you think? I'm sure you've summarily dismissed every argument you've ever heard against gay marriage. So to ask for a "good argument" when you're hardly objective is disingenuous.

No, there just has never been one good reason to keep gay marriage banned.

That would be a little pointless, don't you think? I'm sure you've summarily dismissed every argument you've ever heard against gay marriage. So to ask for a "good argument" when you're hardly objective is disingenuous.

All I've heard is: "oh noes!! the definition!!"

or.... we should not defy what creates us. (I dont hate this one, I simply disagree with it).

or...... it's bad to raise kids that way (unsubstantiated claim).

Do we have others?

You're not against gay marriage, you're just a guy who spits gay slurs at gays.(i'm not gay btw, I'm married and my ten).

I can get down in the mudd also, if necessary. Keep pushing short stack.[/QUO

ok, fruitcake.

Do you know what the word "summarily" means?

And still waiting for your good argument.

ok, fruitcake.

I'm not the one hatin' on my own mom. She oughta smack the living shit out of your bigoted ass. :lol:

Stand on your own two man. You're lookin really salty right now, it's not a good look.

That just like if the NRA said there's never been a good reason for gun control.

G.T. said:

or.... we should not defy what creates us. (I dont hate this one, I simply disagree with it).

Do we have others?

Hmm. You're dismissively paraphrasing the arguments you've heard. I'd also remind you that since gay marriage is the exception and not the rule, the onus is actually on those who want to institute it to come up with good arguments. Though I do think there are good arguments for not legalizing it, technically we can't ban something that to most people has never existed.

Last edited:

Do we have others?

It's a sin (so much for CIVIL being separate from the religious)

Think of the CHILDREN!!!!!! (children aren't getting married....at least gay children aren't...can't speak for those wacky straights)

They can't have children. (marriage and child-bearing are mutually exclusive for straights...why does it suddenly become a requirement for gays who want to marry)

We're already equal. (ah, no we're not...even those of us with civil unions don't have the over 1000 rights, privileges, benefits AND responsibilities straights get with a simple $50 marriage license)

We can get every thing with powers of attorney, etc. (at thousands of dollars AND still not be recognized beyond our state borders)

I may think of more later.

Yes I do know what "summarily" means. You'll be waiting for a long time, since nothing I've read from you would suggest you have an open mind about anything that would contradict your opinions.

Do we have others?

sure, Tinkerbell. Society has an interest in giving special status to and encouraging the formation of some relationships over others. Same sex relations between two consenting adults is deemed more socially valuable than a similar relationship bewteen three adults, or two women.
Or how about- marriage has worked well and been a stabilizing factor in society for so long- it does not need to be redefined.

Hows that, sissieboy?

ok, fruitcake.

I'm not the one hatin' on my own mom. She oughta smack the living shit out of your bigoted ass. :lol:

Stand on your own two man. You're lookin really salty right now, it's not a good look.

I dont recall ever "hatin on my mom", mudshark.

That just like if the NRA said there's never been a good reason for gun control.

G.T. said:

Do we have others?

Hmm. You're dismissively paraphrasing the arguments you've heard. I'd also remind you that since gay marriage is the exception and not the rule, the onus is actually on those who want to institute to come up with good arguments. Though I do think there are good arguments for not legalizing it, technically we can't ban something that to most people has never existed.

Dismissively because I've argued them all in-depth over the years and it all ended up being (as you're seeing with pickledick) veiled bigotry.

I like the 14th amendment, that's a good argument. I also like the word "freedom." I think that gays being married doesn't harm society in any way I've eva eva eva eva seen proven, and so discriminating against them (in terms of the legal contract) to me, is based on bigotry or religion. If anyone can show another reason that is actually substanciated through study or 1 + 1 = 2 logic, I'll look into it.

Yes I do know what "summarily" means.

So...since you know what it means, you lied to us about only getting your arguments "summarily" dismissed.

You'll be waiting for a long time, since nothing I've read from you would suggest you have an open mind about anything that would contradict your opinions.

Yes, we have been waiting a long time...but things are better than they were 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Progress moves on...and the groundwork is STILL being laid for SCOTUS challenges to state/federal DOMA laws. Quite a few legal minds are working on this.

G.T. said:

Do we have others?

Hmm. You're dismissively paraphrasing the arguments you've heard. I'd also remind you that since gay marriage is the exception and not the rule, the onus is actually on those who want to institute it to come up with good arguments. Though I do think there are good arguments for not legalizing it, technically we can't ban something that to most people has never existed.

... and I don't believe in gun control either. So, what's one really strong, factually based, all encompassing reason gay marriage should remain banned?

ok, fruitcake.

I love my fruity brothers and sisters. Anti-pc does not mean bigoted.

Do we have others?

It's a sin (so much for CIVIL being separate from the religious)

Think of the CHILDREN!!!!!! (children aren't getting married....at least gay children aren't...can't speak for those wacky straights)

They can't have children. (marriage and child-bearing are mutually exclusive for straights...why does it suddenly become a requirement for gays who want to marry)

We're already equal. (ah, no we're not...even those of us with civil unions don't have the over 1000 rights, privileges, benefits AND responsibilities straights get with a simple $50 marriage license)

We can get every thing with powers of attorney, etc. (at thousands of dollars AND still not be recognized beyond our state borders)

I may think of more later.

you can pick one up for about .25 at office max, tunatits.

Do we have others?

sure, Tinkerbell. Society has an interest in giving special status to and encouraging the formation of some relationships over others. Same sex relations between two consenting adults is deemed more socially valuable than a similar relationship bewteen three adults, or two women.
Or how about- marriage has worked well and been a stabilizing factor in society for so long- it does not need to be redefined.

Hows that, sissieboy?

You wouldn't call me sissy to my face, that's a fact. To your point: Marriage has not worked well or been stable. Divorce rate is 50%. That's an argument that holds no water in-terms of reality. It's fluff. Also, it hasn't been shown to "stabilize" society in any way. We have war, poverty, crime, etc. etc. same as ALWAYS. Society is stabilized by laws, not Marriages.

Just some simple personal thoughts. Though I do not agree with the Gay life style, nor do I personally accept it as normal. Frankly I could really careless one way or the other if they get married.

I fail to understand how that effects my life in any fashion. Nor do I care where they work, how they worship or anything else about their personal lives. I have my own life to live.

Now, if a gay person wishes to invade my boundaries to project their way of life on me in any fashion, then they will get a ear full or more. Or if they try to do the same to any minor member of my family. Nor do I want their life style taught as normal to my young, because I feel it isn't.

Other than that though, I really could careless. That entire problem is on them and in my world, they will have to deal with the creator as we all do, for what is right or wrong, accordingly.

but if they wish to marry as husband and boygirl or bitch and bitch'et, then so be it, I could careless. However, it should not be projected as normal or as a normal family structure, because it isn't and faith doesn't demonstrate that, simple biology does!

Mike

G.T. said:

Do we have others?

... and I don't believe in gun control either. So, what's one really strong, factually based, all encompassing reason gay marriage should remain banned?

So Kittenkoder? Ever answer the one about Incestuous couples getting married? Or are you still running from that?

Do we have others?

Hows that, sissieboy?

You wouldn't call me sissy to my face, that's a fact. To your point: Marriage has not worked well or been stable. Divorce rate is 50%. That's an argument that holds no water in-terms of reality. It's fluff. Also, it hasn't been shown to "stabilize" society in any way. We have war, poverty, crime, etc. etc. same as ALWAYS. Society is stabilized by laws, not Marriages.

Actually, thats an opinion, Lollipop.

And marriage has worked well, in my opinion. You hold yours. Nobody will ever be able to articulate what you consider to be a "good argument" You are too self-absorbed. And more than a bit light in the loafers.

Forum List

Back