🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage legal in Massachussetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Attention, may I have your attention please. Gay Marriage is the beginning of the end of the world. Everyone who thought aliens would take us over or nuclear war would end the world were wrong. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say it was "the beginning" DK. Maybe somewhere in the "middle". And it won't be the end of the world, just the end of our country.

Just the beginning of social anarchy. This country will eventually become a country where if something brings pleasure to you no matter how vile or dispicable it is then it will be permissible because god forbid you don't want to judge anybody:rolleyes:

Originally posted by OCA
Just the beginning of social anarchy. This country will eventually become a country where if something brings pleasure to you no matter how vile or dispicable it is then it will be permissible because god forbid you don't want to judge anybody:rolleyes:

I disagree, many of us feel it is a victimless act, and therefore should not be illegal. Governments should not even attempt to protect people from themselves; that precedent is asking for all our choices to be taken away by government.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I disagree, many of us feel it is a victimless act, and therefore should not be illegal. Governments should not even attempt to protect people from themselves; that precedent is asking for all our choices to be taken away by government.

Agreed.

Again, the government's only recognition of marriage at all ought to be the understanding that the arraingement exist. Tax breaks and all else should be abolished since they exclude singles who are not in relationships.

RWA its the first step on the road to social anarchy. If a guy wants to bone his dog is he affecting anybody? He's reaping personal pleasure and I guess he's getting a nut out of it but the basic argument out of the other side is he's not hurting anybody. You see what precedent this is setting right? Prostitution is considered a victimless crime yet the government for the most part says its illegal, so there really is already precedent on my side to prohibit gay marriage. Its not like anybody is saying that the sex will be illegal just that you cannot get married.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I wouldn't say it was "the beginning" DK. Maybe somewhere in the "middle". And it won't be the end of the world, just the end of our country.

well, so far theres two countries in the northern europe part of the world and they haven't died out yet.

Originally posted by OCA

is hedonism a bad thing when between consenting adults?

Originally posted by OCA
RWA its the first step on the road to social anarchy. If a guy wants to bone his dog is he affecting anybody? He's reaping personal pleasure and I guess he's getting a nut out of it but the basic argument out of the other side is he's not hurting anybody. You see what precedent this is setting right? Prostitution is considered a victimless crime yet the government for the most part says its illegal, so there really is already precedent on my side to prohibit gay marriage. Its not like anybody is saying that the sex will be illegal just that you cannot get married.

Prostitution should be legal in my view, so that argument is a no go on me.

Even though I've defended the biological argument that it's not a choice, I still don't see why they're not happy with civil unions. It's a ridiculous symbolic argument on both sides.

Originally posted by OCA

you want to compare gay marriage and someone committing bestiality?

Why the hell not? I got people here comparing homosexuality to pushups and wearing glasses on the bridge of your nose. My comparison although far is a hell of a lot closer than those.

Originally posted by OCA
Why the hell not? I got people here comparing homosexuality to pushups and wearing glasses on the bridge of your nose. My comparison although far is a hell of a lot closer than those.

i like to have homosexual sex while doing pushups and wearing glasses on the bridge of my nose.

(just joking, I don't wear glasses...)

/feeble attempt at humor

Originally posted by Aquarian
i like to have homosexual sex while doing pushups and wearing glasses on the bridge of my nose.

(just joking, I don't wear glasses...)

/feeble attempt at humor

Aquarian the visual was not good but the humor part was excellent ;)

Attention, may I have your attention please. Gay Marriage is the beginning of the end of the world. Everyone who thought aliens would take us over or nuclear war would end the world were wrong. :rolleyes:

:tinfoil:

am I correct in saying that the basis to the view point that equates homosexual marriage as 'bad' is because its morally wrong? Im curious if Ive understood this to be right or not.

You better call your friends at PETA concerning it.

I don't see how bestiality is a fair comparison to homosexuality. I don't think that human-to-animal relationships can ever reach the level mutual understanding and true intimacy that comes from human-to-human relationships. Also, an animal is not in a position to give informed consent. Yet, it is not in a position to give informed consent about becoming shoe leather either.

If you have no qualms about letting people taunt bulls by waving red capes at them and torturing them with knives and spears for quite a long time, before killing them and cutting off their ears for souvenirs, I have no qualms about allowing people to have sex with animals.

Originally posted by mattskramer

I don't see how bestiality is a fair comparison to homosexuality. I don't think that human-to-animal relationships can ever reach the level mutual understanding and true intimacy that comes from human-to-human relationships. Also, an animal is not in a position to give informed consent. Yet, it is not in a position to give informed consent about becoming shoe leather either.

If you have no qualms about letting people taunt bulls by waving red capes at them and torturing them with knives and spears for quite a long time, before killing them and cutting off their ears for souvenirs, I have no qualms about allowing people to have sex with animals.

Why do you keep making it appear right and wrong are to be determined only by the parties performing the actions?

You just invalidated the entire legal system and Bible.

Get over it. Moral Relativism is not logical, and it doesn't work.

Originally posted by OCA

Indeed, you do want to judge others. They are to be judged by the consequences of their actions upon themselves and others.

You equate objective morality rooted in the consequences to <b><i>this</i></b> life and in <b><i>this</i></b> world with the mindless nihilism of moral relativism. And it is just not so. If one's actions lead to the harm of oneself, or to the harm of others, or to the harm of both, that action may be proscribed by law. Such a proscrition is based upon the real consequences of that action here...now...and not in some mythical, airy-fairy, metaphysical dreamworld of an afterlife.

Based upon that premise, there is no rational basis for denying the institution of marriage to same gender couples.

Originally posted by mattskramer

Matt why do you continue to make assinine comparisons? Your moral relativism is a joke and is one of the major factors contributing to the social ills in America today.

Why do you want to be a fence rider(jellyfish)? Are you afraid of offending someone? The fact is and you will never ever to be able to prove otherwise is that two people of the same sex should not copulate and therefore logically have no valid reason to be married. I'm not going to reiterate my or anybody else's reasons as they are all over this board and proven in various ways. But please continue to make assinine comparisons to bullfighting, pushups and lefthanders, its doing you a world of good.

BTW the homosexuality to beastiality was showing that once you let homosexual marriage go on the grounds of moral relativism you're gonna have to let everything go like it or not.

The potential future generations you may have by slightly altering your body chemistry and behavior patterns.

Okay. Point taken. For anyone who might have a child, what he does to his health may affect the child to be.

Anyone who may have seen you.

Unless I did it where no one would see me.

Any company which you may choose to now visit to ENHANCE or REDUCE your experience through supplements or products which you would not have purchased BEFORE those push ups.

Unless I choose to not let my pushups influence the choice I make in what company to visit (if I were to even visit a company)

Your outlook on exercise as you may dictate verbally to others and affect them.

If and when you communicate with people you influence them.
Okay. Actions have consequences but only if you have children and/or associate with others. I guess that the issue becomes: In what way does a specific action influence others and is it our responsibility to take care of those who may be influenced by our behavior. So people might see me work out?!? So what? It won't stop them from being couch potatoes or contending for the Olympics.

Finally, I am very conscious of fitness, exercise and nutrition. Some people may call me a nut. I keep myself healthy and I did the pushups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back