Gays Should STOP Defending Islam

One question for the Christians out there:

Isn't the Christian Bible divided into 2 parts? The New Testament and the Old Testament?

If you're a 'Christian' you should only pay attention to the New Testament. The only part of the Old Testament that is pertinent to a Christian is the 10 Commandments. That's because "Jesus Taught the Law of Moses".

The Old Testament is a long drawn out history of the Jewish people. You can support just about any argument from something in the Old Testament. Even Hitler used quotes form the Old Testament to justify his views.
No it doesn't work like that.

And anybody can take biblical text out of context and justify anything with it.

Christians do not use only the NT. Children learn both OT and NT verses in Sunday school, and we do not discount the OT at all.

But we also know and understand the OT because we study it, and we study the NT, and we look at them as comprehensively as we can...we take into account context and history and the nature of God and prophecy. There are layers upon layers of understanding. The OT is used to illuminate the NT and to give background and to confirm it. The NT is full of biblical references to the OT and the OT deals with prophesies and wisdom that enlighten us.

I was raised as a Christian as well and know that the OT is taught along with the NT.

But what I'm asking isn't how Christianity is taught. I'm asking (or stating rather) that Christians giving creedence to the OT is basically a extreme mistake. There is a REASON why the Bible is divided into the OT and the NT. That's because for a Christian, the OT is obsolete, except for giving a historical context to the NT.

The OT is not obsolete. Christians do not believe it's obsolete.

I know that Christians do not believe it's obsolete, but Christians SHOULD believe it's obsolete.

Do the words 'Old' and 'New' mean anything?

No, Christians should not believe it's obsolete, because it isn't. The Holy Spirit exists in the scripture..both Old and New testaments. It is holy in and of itself as the Word.

You mean like Moses' murdering Egyptian Children, the Israelites mass murdering the people of Jericho and King David's slaughtering the inhabitants of any city that refused to succumb?

I'm sure AL Queda & ISIS would have been been O.K. with those but,

Somehow, I don't think Jesus would have approved.

Guess again!

Gays do not defend Islam, Liberals do.
Let's get idiotic phrases like this straight. Liberals do not defend Islam. They defend Muslims their right to practice their religion and and they defend Muslims not to be wiped out or to be ostracised or persecuted.

Please show where Liberals defend Islam.

Let's get idiotic phrases like this straight. Liberals do not defend Islam. They defend Muslims their right to practice their religion and and they defend Muslims not to be wiped out or to be ostracised or persecuted.

Liberals defend Islam.

"Please show where Liberals defend Islam"
You don't watch MSNBC and CNN?
I do whenever I need a good laugh.
Obama did despite the havoc created by Islam around the world.

I also defend the right of Muslims to practice their religion as long as it's not the part where we pay them taxes or die.
And if you really want to know how Islam works, Muslims will not behead you if you practice your religion.
And guess what?
Islam does not consider engaging on homosexual behavior to be part of anyone's religion.
So you get beheaded.

Liberals defend Islam.

I also defend the right of Muslims to practice their religion as long as it's not the part where we pay them taxes or die.
And if you really want to know how Islam works, Muslims will not behead you if you practice your religion.
And guess what?
Islam does not consider engaging on homosexual behavior to be part of anyone's religion.
So you get beheaded.
Sorry but that is not showing me anything about Liberals defending Islam. Obama is not a liberal. No liberal would bomb the hell out of the middle east or spy on their own people.

Also where is it stated that You (I'm assuming you mean "Americans" must pay taxes to Muslims or else they will kill you. You are very delusional. Your next sentence is hard to decipher. You state Muslims will not behead you if you practice your own religion. Does that mean they will behead you if you practice someone else's religion? How would they even know?

Your last comment is about Islam. Again as a liberal I am not going to defend Islam. Your comment about Muslims beheading anyone in homosexual behaviour is not true.

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.
Sorry but that is not showing me anything about Liberals defending Islam. Obama is not a liberal. No liberal would bomb the hell out of the middle east or spy on their own people.

Also where is it stated that You (I'm assuming you mean "Americans" must pay taxes to Muslims or else they will kill you. You are very delusional. Your next sentence is hard to decipher. You state Muslims will not behead you if you practice your own religion. Does that mean they will behead you if you practice someone else's religion? How would they even know?

Your last comment is about Islam. Again as a liberal I am not going to defend Islam. Your comment about Muslims beheading anyone in homosexual behaviour is not true.
I did not intent to limit the Islamic Tax to Americans.
Islam demands a tax from all non-Muslims living under Islamic rule.
Islam also demands that one respect their own religion when one lives under Islamic rule.
Islam does not recognize Homosexual behavior as a valid religious behavior and it gets one executed by beheading.

You need to educate yourself on Islam.
There are many non-ideological sources on the Internet.

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.

You just contradicted yourself because America is not under Islamic rule.

Islam also demands that one respect their own religion when one lives under Islamic rule.
Islam does not recognize Homosexual behavior as a valid religious behavior
Both of these apply to Christianity also.

and it gets one executed by beheading.
This is false. The actions of a few do not constitute the whole population.

Islam is not my concern. Like the bible I know there are horrible acts within it. It is about the people themselves. Again I have no respect for Islam. I also know a very small amount of Muslims follow the religion to the exact scriptures.
There are many non-ideological sources on the Internet./QUOTE]Too bad you haven't found them.

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.

Islam is not my concern. Like the bible I know there are horrible acts within it. It is about the people themselves. Again I have no respect for Islam. I also know a very small amount of Muslims follow the religion to the exact scriptures.
There are many non-ideological sources on the Internet./QUOTE]Too bad you haven't found them.
You are not very bright...
Islamic rule anywhere on earth requires subservience by every other religion via a tax and that everyone in their domain observe their own religion to avoid beheading.

I'm sure your Muslim friends are going to provide this very information to you.
If they don't adhere to their beliefs, they themselves are liable to the death penalty.

You are a Liberal so I'm guessing you will defend Islam beyond the scope of logic.
I think you need to move to an Islamic nation for 1 year, not observe your religion and announce publicly that you engage in homosexual behavior.
Before you do so please name me as a beneficiary to all of your assets, presuming you have any.

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.

There is nothing in the NT that states what the RCC enforced for 1,000 years.
The RCC was, and is, a bastion of corruption that does not rely on the NT.

No it doesn't work like that.

And anybody can take biblical text out of context and justify anything with it.

Christians do not use only the NT. Children learn both OT and NT verses in Sunday school, and we do not discount the OT at all.

But we also know and understand the OT because we study it, and we study the NT, and we look at them as comprehensively as we can...we take into account context and history and the nature of God and prophecy. There are layers upon layers of understanding. The OT is used to illuminate the NT and to give background and to confirm it. The NT is full of biblical references to the OT and the OT deals with prophesies and wisdom that enlighten us.

I was raised as a Christian as well and know that the OT is taught along with the NT.

But what I'm asking isn't how Christianity is taught. I'm asking (or stating rather) that Christians giving creedence to the OT is basically a extreme mistake. There is a REASON why the Bible is divided into the OT and the NT. That's because for a Christian, the OT is obsolete, except for giving a historical context to the NT.

I know that Christians do not believe it's obsolete, but Christians SHOULD believe it's obsolete.

No, Christians should not believe it's obsolete, because it isn't. The Holy Spirit exists in the scripture..both Old and New testaments. It is holy in and of itself as the Word.

You mean like Moses' murdering Egyptian Children, the Israelites mass murdering the people of Jericho and King David's slaughtering the inhabitants of any city that refused to succumb?

Guess again!

Dear Richard-H that's right.
The OT shows the tragic cost of corruption of the laws by greed,
material greed for possessions and power.

The NT with Jesus shows the triumph of breaking this cycle of sin suffering and war
by living by RESTORATIVE JUSTICE which brings PEACE.

You are right, that we are to learn lessons from the OT and NOT want to die by the path of war and greed.

To restore good faith relations and redeem all people and all nations
IS the message of Salvation in Christ Jesus which means Restorative
Justice, Justice with Mercy, Peace and Justice, Equal Justice Under Law.

Divine Forgiveness by the Grace of God, allows us to BREAK the
past cycles, and renew ourselves and our relations not to keep repeating
the patterns and destruction of the past. This is the meaning of the
sacrifice of Christ, to break that cycle and redeem all of humanity.

If we all learn to submit to universal Justice for all humanity,
then we no longer fall to the selfish path of retributive justice,
as in the OT, that leads to death and destruction. The OT warns
us of the past, and the NT teaches us the ways of the future.

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.

Islamic rule anywhere on earth requires subservience by every other religion via a tax and that everyone in their domain observe their own religion to avoid beheading.
You are talking about Jizya. America is not under Islamic law.
Jizya or jizyah is a per capita yearly tax historically levied by Islamic states on certain non-Muslim subjects—dhimmis—permanently residing in Muslim lands under Islamic law.
Also the part about the beheadings is not found in the Koran. You just added that for dramatic flair.

If they don't adhere to their beliefs, they themselves are liable to the death penalty.
We are thankful most Muslims do not follow the Koran to the letter. We are also thankful Christians do not follow the bible to the exact letter. See how that works.

You are a Liberal so I'm guessing you will defend Islam beyond the scope of logic.
Where have I defended Islam? I have in fact stated several time that I don't. You are very dishonest.
I think you need to move to an Islamic nation for 1 year, not observe your religion and announce publicly that you engage in homosexual behavior.
Before you do so please name me as a beneficiary to all of your assets, presuming you have any.
I would not want to move anywhere near an Islamic state because I don't support the religion of Islam. Get that through your skull.[/QUOTE]

Liberals defend Islam.

And guess what?
So you get beheaded.

You are talking about Jizya. America is not under Islamic law.
Jizya or jizyah is a per capita yearly tax historically levied by Islamic states on certain non-Muslim subjects—dhimmis—permanently residing in Muslim lands under Islamic law.
Also the part about the beheadings is not found in the Koran. You just added that for dramatic flair.

We are thankful most Muslims do not follow the Koran to the letter. We are also thankful Christians do not follow the bible to the exact letter. See how that works.

Where have I defended Islam? I have in fact stated several time that I don't. You are very dishonest.
I would not want to move anywhere near an Islamic state because I don't support the religion of Islam. Get that through your skull.
[/QUOTE]
Now you're just being dumb.
Jizya is anywhere on earth where Islam rules.
Why do you think the Muslims want Sharia Law where they reside?
It doesn't matter if beheading is not explicitly is the Koran, what is important is the ramifications of not paying the tax...it's the death penalty.

It's obvious you know zero about the NT so stop embarrassing yourself.

Guess again!

Dear Richard-H that's right.
The OT shows the tragic cost of corruption of the laws by greed,
material greed for possessions and power.

The NT with Jesus shows the triumph of breaking this cycle of sin suffering and war
by living by RESTORATIVE JUSTICE which brings PEACE.

You are right, that we are to learn lessons from the OT and NOT want to die by the path of war and greed.

To restore good faith relations and redeem all people and all nations
IS the message of Salvation in Christ Jesus which means Restorative
Justice, Justice with Mercy, Peace and Justice, Equal Justice Under Law.

Divine Forgiveness by the Grace of God, allows us to BREAK the
past cycles, and renew ourselves and our relations not to keep repeating
the patterns and destruction of the past. This is the meaning of the
sacrifice of Christ, to break that cycle and redeem all of humanity.

If we all learn to submit to universal Justice for all humanity,
then we no longer fall to the selfish path of retributive justice,
as in the OT, that leads to death and destruction. The OT warns
us of the past, and the NT teaches us the ways of the future.
The NT is about as nasty as one can get.
The bottom line from the NT is that scumbags who aren't "tainted" by the Torah are redeemable.
Yeah, that's worked out real well.

Forum List

Back