Geez I wonder why????

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Emmys Early Ratings Sink 10 Percent From Last Year to New All-Time Low
Emmys Early Ratings Sink 10% From Last Year to New All-Time Low

So sad these supposedly hip, wise, smart intellectually elite don't understand a simple concept just as the NFL doesn't seem to understand.

The simple concept? You don't bite the hand that feeds you!

A typical joke that really really bombed!
Michael Che co-host with Colin Jost says...
“My mother is not watching,” Che said.
“She says she doesn’t like watching white award shows because you guys don’t thank Jesus enough.

He continued, “That’s true. The only white people that thank Jesus are Republicans and ex-crackheads.”

Wow... Che just called his mother is like an "ex-crackhead"!

And this
really very feeble attempt at hip humor really backfires when people like Che finally figure out...
"hmmm... a lot of people don't seem to laugh at these jokes at their expense"... I wonder why?

And like the NFL Che, et.al. seems to forget who buys the products that advertisers sell that buy the ads that pays TV that pays the salaries of these really truly DUMB people!

Sorry but most of us that fall in the truly hateful bromides, name calling and frankly ignorant comments made by people like Che and Jost last night are the tools of divisiveness.

I mean why would people watch something that insults them? DUH!!!

As a result?

So sad these supposedly hip, wise, smart intellectually elite don't understand a simple concept just as the NFL doesn't seem to understand.

“She says she doesn’t like watching white award shows because you guys don’t thank Jesus enough.

He continued, “That’s true. The only white people that thank Jesus are Republicans and ex-crackheads.”

And this
really very feeble attempt at hip humor really backfires when people like Che finally figure out...
"hmmm... a lot of people don't seem to laugh at these jokes at their expense"... I wonder why?

And like the NFL Che, et.al. seems to forget who buys the products that advertisers sell that buy the ads that pays TV that pays the salaries of these really truly DUMB people!

Sorry but most of us that fall in the truly hateful bromides, name calling and frankly ignorant comments made by people like Che and Jost last night are the tools of divisiveness.

As a result?
Emmy ratings have been going down for like 30 years. Get a grip, snowflake.

And this

As a result?

Link it bullshitter?

And this

As a result?

Evidently like the above idiots YOU don't think BEFORE you write!
A) Where are YOUR facts Emmy ratings have been going down for 30 years?
B) FACT: The Emmys On TV Historical Audience Ratings
Emmy ratings 30 years ago: 1988... 15,426,750
Emmy ratings 20 years ago 1998... 19,365,000
Emmy ratings 10 years ago 2008... 12,339,000
Emmy ratings 2018.......................... 11,400,000

All people like you do is reinforce the opinion of your opinions as "never substantiated" with any facts.
State something with proof and not your wild eyed, out of your rear end statement!

And this

As a result?

TV ratings for everything have been going down for years as people Cut the Cable. Which can't happen soon enough although shifting to internets and tablets in search of the same swill of which TV already established the low bar, isn't much of a step up.

And this

As a result?

Speaking of "really DUMB people" --- not only does declining TV ratings apply to NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL and college football just as it applies to everything else on the boob toob --- but the national anthem puppet show in an NFL game isn't part of TV broadcasting anyway, therefore it's impossible to have an effect on ratings.

So thanks for bringing up "really DUMB people". It was an easy segue.

And this

As a result?

Evidently like the above idiots YOU don't think BEFORE you write!
A) Where are YOUR facts Emmy ratings have been going down for 30 years?
B) FACT: The Emmys On TV Historical Audience Ratings
Emmy ratings 30 years ago: 1988... 15,426,750
Emmy ratings 20 years ago 1998... 19,365,000
Emmy ratings 10 years ago 2008... 12,339,000
Emmy ratings 2018.......................... 11,400,000

All people like you do is reinforce the opinion of your opinions as "never substantiated" with any facts.
State something with proof and not your wild eyed, out of your rear end statement!
What? The idiot JoeyB Dolezaled it! He did? He’s that friggin’ stupid? Wowie kazowie!

And this

As a result?

Speaking of "really DUMB people" --- not only does declining TV ratings apply to NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL and college football just as it applies to everything else on the boob toob --- but the national anthem puppet show in an NFL game isn't part of TV broadcasting anyway, therefore it's impossible to have an effect on ratings.

So thanks for bringing up "really DUMB people". It was an easy segue.

So YOU are an EXPERT on TV ratings it appears based on YOUR OPINION?
Strange but the majority of people in this survey don't seem to agree with you!
Plus again where are YOUR facts? Here are mine!

The reasons for the NFL’s ratings decline have been hotly disputed, but a newly released survey suggests that the take-a-knee protests were primarily to blame.
A UBS Securities analysis released Tuesday showed that 50 percent of U.S. consumers who watched less football in 2017 cited their disapproval of players refusing to stand during the national anthem, the most popular response and up from 32 percent last year.

“The National Anthem protest was not only the most frequently cited reason, it also had the largest annual increase of any explanation cited for watching less NFL,” said the UBS Evidence Lab in its note to investors.
The survey comes with the NFL caught up in the debate over whether the protests are driving the ratings decline, a point of contention that resurfaced after this year’s Super Bowl ratings fell 7.1 percent to their lowest level since 2009.
NFL ratings down due to anthem protests: survey

Sponsored

DONALD TRUMP NOT ‘COMPLICIT’ IN HURRICANE FLORENCE, SCIENTISTS SAY

INSIDE THE BELTWAY: REPETITIVE TRUMP ATTACKS LOSING THEIR POWER

MONICA LEWINSKY: ‘SO SORRY’ CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD WAS ‘OUTED’

ERIC HOLDER: DECLASSIFYING FISA DOCUMENTS IS ‘AN ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS ABUSE OF POWER’

MICHAEL CHE, EMMYS HOST: ‘THE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE THAT THANK JESUS ARE REPUBLICANS AND EX-CRACKHEADS’

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD, BRETT KAVANAUGH SET FOR HIGH-STAKES SENATE SHOWDOWN

GOOGLE’S NEW POLLUTION POLICE, COMING TO PATROL A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR YOU

THE LEFT’S EAGERNESS TO BE OFFENDED SHOWS THEY BELIEVE IN A FINAL MEASURE OF MORALITY AFTER ALL

COAST GUARD MEMBER TAKEN OFF FLORENCE RESPONSE AFTER FLASHING ALLEGED WHITE POWER SIGN ON MSNBC

DONALD TRUMP SENDS WASHINGTON DC SWAMP REELING

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD, BRETT KAVANAUGH ACCUSER, DETAILS SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATION

RICK SCOTT EXITS THROUGH BACK DOOR AFTER RED TIDE PROTESTERS DISRUPT CAMPAIGN STOP IN VENICE

BRETT KAVANAUGH, CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE LINKS TO GEORGE SOROS

TIM KAINE UP DOUBLE DIGITS IN VIRGINIA SENATE RACE: POLL

DEMOCRATS, DETERMMINED TO KEEP THE SUPREME COURT LIBERAL, EMPLOY OUTRAGEOUS TACTICS

Sponsored

ERIC HOLDER: DECLASSIFYING FISA DOCUMENTS IS ‘AN ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS ABUSE OF POWER’

MICHAEL CHE, EMMYS HOST: ‘THE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE THAT THANK JESUS ARE REPUBLICANS AND EX-CRACKHEADS’

THE LEFT’S EAGERNESS TO BE OFFENDED SHOWS THEY BELIEVE IN A FINAL MEASURE OF MORALITY AFTER ALL

COAST GUARD MEMBER TAKEN OFF FLORENCE RESPONSE AFTER FLASHING ALLEGED WHITE POWER SIGN ON MSNBC

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD, BRETT KAVANAUGH ACCUSER, DETAILS SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATION

RICK SCOTT EXITS THROUGH BACK DOOR AFTER RED TIDE PROTESTERS DISRUPT CAMPAIGN STOP IN VENICE

DEMOCRATS, DETERMMINED TO KEEP THE SUPREME COURT LIBERAL, EMPLOY OUTRAGEOUS TACTICS

Sponsored

:rofl: :laughing0301:

I don't need "opinion", klown shoes.

screen%20shot%202015-08-18%20at%2010.08.55%20am.png

>> Pacific Crest estimated that the top eight cable providers saw subscriptions fall 463,000 in the second quarter, up from a decline of 141,000 in the same quarter last year.

The firm also estimated that the number of households with cable has fallen 10% in the past five years, while Netflix has seen the number of households with the service nearly double, to 35% from 18%, since the third quarter of 2011. << --- TV Ratings Declining

This isn't "news" to anyone sentient. I fired my TV years ago figuring that anything I wanted from it I could get from the internet. As far as sports I've been streaming my sports watching for at least ten years, which -- again -- eliminates a need for TV. And I'm hardly the only one doing that.

As far as the National Jingo Exercise the fact ***REMAINS*** that it's not part of the TV broadcast anyway, never has been, and therefore you can't watch or not-watch on the basis of WHAT ISN'T THERE. This is a basic simple law of physics. You can cry yourself to sleep with these infantile fantasies all you like, doesn't make them into a real thing, and no the tooth fairy is not leaving a quarter under your pillow. Grow up.

Forum List

Back