Gender Fluid sues employer over pronouns

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
An apparent woman who "feels" neither male nor female has sued Bon Appetit because "it" appeared female and was addressed as female with co-workers calling "it" she, or miss.

Oregon worker not a female or a male sues $518,682 PRONOUNS | The Daily Caller

A person in Oregon named Valeria Jones is suing catering company Bon Appétit Management for $518,682 because coworkers used female names in reference to Jones despite the fact that Jones had continually expressed the desire to be addressed only with gender neutral pronouns.

Some of the terms the coworkers called Jones included, for example, “little lady,” “lady” and “miss,” reports The Oregonian. The coworkers said Jones looked like a woman—possibly some unidentified female celebrity.

Jones was unhappy, explaining that pronouns which apply to everyone do not apply to Jones and are “unwelcome” because Jones is “not a female or a male.”

Presumably, even calling "it" by name, since the name is decidedly female, would also be unwelcome.

in the old days IT would be institutionalized and get insulin shocks

they are most surely returning. and they are going to be much more restrictive. it is in the making.

the crazy wacko IT poses danger to the surroundings and should be locked.

it just takes one judge to order psychiatric evaluation of the plaintiff and this idiocy will stop.

they are most surely returning. and they are going to be much more restrictive. it is in the making.

it just takes one judge to order psychiatric evaluation of the plaintiff and this idiocy will stop.

No. Actually it isnt. I know you long for those days but wishing is not going to bring them back. You must live in constant fear of anyone not like you. :lol:

No. Actually it isnt. I know you long for those days but wishing is not going to bring them back. You must live in constant fear of anyone not like you. :lol:

yes, it is.

I could not care less about those days, but I know perfectly well what is in the making.

Please tell me the court will throw this out...

If she/it produced documentation and suggestions to the supervisors as to what she/it should be called then there is probably a case. Sounds more like she/it was harassed and the management did nothing about it.

IT worked there for only a few months before filing a half million dollar law suit. IT started working the end of March 2013 and left in June 2013 and immediately filed a law suit.

I see a woman I say excuse me Mamn', a younger woman is usually Miss, man is Sir. If this person did not want to be identified in any manner then IT ( which I see as a horrible term for any human being) should not have dressed as a female. It is human nature to identify with what one sees. Perhaps IT needed to dress in a neutral manner instead of wearing dresses and skirts.

Just because IT alleges people called her Lady, or Mamn' does not meant they were harassing IT. I've heard it all as a female, excuse me lil' lady, sweetie, honey, mamn', miss...( females and males). IT's lawsuit wont even identify the gender neutral term IT wanted to be called.

I suppose everyone should just go the military route and yell a last name, HEY JONES!!! But, since Jones is such a popular last name, what happens when you have two or more? Hey JONES 1, Jones 2 or JONES 3.

yes, it is.

I could not care less about those days, but I know perfectly well what is in the making.

No. Those days are not coming back. Give it up. You dont know anything about the future unless you are clairvoyant. If you were tell me what I will say to my cat first thing tomorrow morning?

CaféAuLait;8613346 said:
Please tell me the court will throw this out...

If she/it produced documentation and suggestions to the supervisors as to what she/it should be called then there is probably a case. Sounds more like she/it was harassed and the management did nothing about it.

IT worked there for only a few months before filing a half million dollar law suit. IT started working the end of March 2013 and left in June 2013 and immediately filed a law suit.

I see a woman I say excuse me Mamn', a younger woman is usually Miss, man is Sir. If this person did not want to be identified in any manner then IT ( which I see as a horrible term for any human being) should not have dressed as a female. It is human nature to identify with what one sees. Perhaps IT needed to dress in a neutral manner instead of wearing dresses and skirts.

Just because IT alleges people called her Lady, or Mamn' does not meant they were harassing IT. I've heard it all as a female, excuse me lil' lady, sweetie, honey, mamn', miss...( females and males). IT's lawsuit wont even identify the gender neutral term IT wanted to be called.

I suppose everyone should just go the military route and yell a last name, HEY JONES!!! But, since Jones is such a popular last name, what happens when you have two or more? Hey JONES 1, Jones 2 or JONES 3.

A few months is a few months too long to have to deal with being harassed. If the management was told to address the issue and did not, then they may be liable. Lawsuits are not always open books especially if its settled and the terms not disclosed.

Forum List

Back