Gender ideology's fatal consequences

Ringtone

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2019
Washington Examiner
Kaylee McGhee White

A common accusation from transgender advocates is that those who disagree with and oppose gender ideology are endangering the lives of gender-confused persons, especially young adults. Deny these youths the care they need, including puberty blockers and other irreversible medical interventions, and they’ll be at a much higher risk for suicide than their peers — or so the argument goes.
A new study from the Heritage Foundation, however, proves the exact opposite: Children and adolescents who are exposed to so-called “gender-affirming care” are actually at a much greater risk of suicidal thoughts and attempts than those who are not.​
From the study:​
In the past several years, the suicide rate among those ages 12 to 23 has become significantly higher in states that have a provision that allows minors to receive routine health care without parental consent than in states without such a provision. Before 2010, these two groups of states did not differ in their youth suicide rates. Starting in 2010, when puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones became widely available, elevated suicide rates in states where minors can more easily access those medical interventions became observable.​
Rather than being protective against suicide, this pattern indicates that easier access by minors to cross-sex medical interventions without parental consent is associated with higher risk of suicide.​
Without making any adjustments, suicide rates among those ages 12 to 23 (blue line) begin to spike in states that have provisions that allow minors to access health care without parental consent relative to states that have no such provision around 2016, after cross-sex medical interventions became more common. By 2020, there are about 3.5 more suicides per 100,000 people ages 12 to 23 in states with easier access than in states without an access provision.​

The Rest

I've noticed that in recent weeks more and more writers from different sources are speaking out about the dangers and false narratives of transgenderism. It would seem that this recent Heritage Foundation study is drawing folks' attention to the problem. The fact of the matter is that it has been known for several years that the suicide idealization and commitment rates are especially high for those who have undergone irreversible care. Perhaps we're on the brink of turning this thing around, no thanks to the leftist morons on this and other forums.

If true, it could be because the gender affirming care process kept these people from emotionally maturing through dealing with the harsh realities of life. A girl I know who had issue in college starting seeing a therapist which lead to more therapy and more drugs and more more more until she wasn't covered by daddy's insurance any more. She got nuttier and nuttier the more "help" she got. It wasn't until she was forced to join the real world that she started getting her head screwed back on right.

If true, it could be because the gender affirming care process kept these people from emotionally maturing through dealing with the harsh realities of life. A girl I know who had issue in college starting seeing a therapist which lead to more therapy and more drugs and more more more until she wasn't covered by daddy's insurance any more. She got nuttier and nuttier the more "help" she got. It wasn't until she was forced to join the real world that she started getting her head screwed back on right.
A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who lost her mind. She had a psychotic break. That was several years ago and she's still in the psych ward. He came home one day and she was talking to "the man stuck in the wall."

I have a real life friend like that. As long as daddy's money holds out, her permanent address in a posh loony bin in San Diego. Lovely woman but she's trapped in a horrible cycle.

A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who lost her mind. She had a psychotic break. That was several years ago and she's still in the psych ward. He came home one day and she was talking to "the man stuck in the wall."

I had a co-worker have one of those. Took a few years for them to get him sorted. Fortunately I wasn't working the day it happened. Apparently one of his things that day was that my dad and brothers were out with rifles hunting him down to kill him over comments he had made about my little sister's curvy ass. I knew they guy forever and still do, but I really have no idea how I would have handled that situation. He apparently was spewing a lot of weird crap. The assistant had called the police who called the ambulance to take him off to the psych hospital.

I had a co-worker have one of those. Took a few years for them to get him sorted. Fortunately I wasn't working the day it happened. Apparently one of his things that day was that my dad and brothers were out with rifles hunting him down to kill him over comments he had made about my little sister's curvy ass. I knew they guy forever and still do, but I really have no idea how I would have handled that situation. He apparently was spewing a lot of weird crap. The assistant had called the police who called the ambulance to take him off to the psych hospital.
I've known a couple of people who had bizarre reactions to prescribed psychotropic drugs -- similar to these stories. I had an old boyfriend years ago whose best friend went really off the first time he took an antidepressant, and tried to kill my BF. Kept up the craziness with phone calls all day and night. We finally moved and got a new phone number.

Forum List

Back