🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Genesis 1:26

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

Got to thinking about this last night in bed, staring at the clock 3:18...3:19 (I should get up and write this out...Nah I'm so cozy...) :)

If man is in God's image, and in the image of the angels, the man, God, and the angels all look alike. But then why is every account of man and angels coming face to face describing angels as anything but a man? That's part one.

Part two is this: When God creates man from 'the dust of the earth' He obviously isn't creating us out of dust mites. But the ancient authors who wrote that were meaning to use the smallest single bits of matter, but they had no knowledge of cells or the microscopic world (to say nothing of the quantum.) If they had, would they have said 'from the quarks and other quantum-level particles...?'

So I got to speculating about how we, God, and angels all look alike, and were created from the smallest bits of matter known to God. Is it possible then that the 'image' we all share isn't the outward body, but the image of particles or cells? Blood cell's pretty much a blood cell from animal to animal, skin cell a skin cell, etc.

Do humans, angels, and God all look alike under a microscope? Blood cells, skin cells, etc.

Part three is this: the ancient author of Genesis thinking logically would work backwards to a first man and woman reproducing so as to populate the earth. But being humans at the time of the writing of Genesis they'd of course make everything human. They're not going to say '...and God created Neanderthals...' or the like. But if God created us from the smallest particles available, is it not then likely what He actually created wasn't modern human beings but some primate version or even the first organic molecules or simple living cells? And over billions of years that first created life then evolved into us?

Being humans, the author of the text would put a human-spin on everything having nothing else to relate themselves to. To say nothing of no knowledge of modern science, evolution, particles and so on. Everything they'd describe would be from the perspective of modern humans. But if they had our modern scientific jargon and lexicons to use more accurate terms would it then be something like this,

And in the beginning, God created time via the Big Bang. And light filled the universe. Matter was pulled from the heavens into the first minerals which pulled matter together becoming the first rocks which over time became the Earth. Then God created life in the heavens as organic molecules which became the first living cells. God deposited the building blocks for life onto the Earth and saw that it was good.

Isn't that a bit more believable than what we have now? :)

26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

Got to thinking about this last night in bed, staring at the clock 3:18...3:19 (I should get up and write this out...Nah I'm so cozy...) :)

If man is in God's image, and in the image of the angels, the man, God, and the angels all look alike. But then why is every account of man and angels coming face to face describing angels as anything but a man? That's part one.

The angels have a different wing count. Seraphim have six wings and Cherubim have four.

Does the Bible say what angels look like?
What are the different types of angels?

I took "in our image" to mean self-aware. We don't physically look like God or angels or demons or what have you, but rather we have the capacity for thought and decision making.

Delta, you have a great mind. I have said before, if you are here when the 144k are chosen, you will be a great preacher.

God was not talking to angels, He was talking to The Son and the Holy Spirit. I know you have a Bible Delta, open your mind up a little and read John chapter 1.

On a side note, you are someone I would like to meet in person just to discuss religion, you know how it is, the more information you can gather, the farther along you can get.

- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

The angels have a different wing count. Seraphim have six wings and Cherubim have four.

there's no indication in scripture that the rest have any.....in fact, whenever messengers from the Lord are active in scripture, people don't realize at first that they aren't humans.......

I took "in our image" to mean self-aware. We don't physically look like God or angels or demons or what have you, but rather we have the capacity for thought and decision making.

I can live with that.....however, I think there are other ways we differ from the rest of creation......a capacity to understand beauty.....a sense of humor......a sense of justice.....a sense of compassion and empathy......a desire to create.....

- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

Part two is this: When God creates man from 'the dust of the earth' He obviously isn't creating us out of dust mites. But the ancient authors who wrote that were meaning to use the smallest single bits of matter, but they had no knowledge of cells or the microscopic world (to say nothing of the quantum.) If they had, would they have said 'from the quarks and other quantum-level particles...?'

So I got to speculating about how we, God, and angels all look alike, and were created from the smallest bits of matter known to God. Is it possible then that the 'image' we all share isn't the outward body, but the image of particles or cells? Blood cell's pretty much a blood cell from animal to animal, skin cell a skin cell, etc.

Do humans, angels, and God all look alike under a microscope? Blood cells, skin cells, etc.

Part three is this: the ancient author of Genesis thinking logically would work backwards to a first man and woman reproducing so as to populate the earth. But being humans at the time of the writing of Genesis they'd of course make everything human. They're not going to say '...and God created Neanderthals...' or the like. But if God created us from the smallest particles available, is it not then likely what He actually created wasn't modern human beings but some primate version or even the first organic molecules or simple living cells? And over billions of years that first created life then evolved into us?

Being humans, the author of the text would put a human-spin on everything having nothing else to relate themselves to. To say nothing of no knowledge of modern science, evolution, particles and so on. Everything they'd describe would be from the perspective of modern humans. But if they had our modern scientific jargon and lexicons to use more accurate terms would it then be something like this,

And in the beginning, God created time via the Big Bang. And light filled the universe. Matter was pulled from the heavens into the first minerals which pulled matter together becoming the first rocks which over time became the Earth. Then God created life in the heavens as organic molecules which became the first living cells. God deposited the building blocks for life onto the Earth and saw that it was good.

Isn't that a bit more believable than what we have now? :)
*emphasis added*
Go where the Spirit guides you, brother
:cool:

No, Steven R, God said, Let US make man in OUR image and in OUR likeness. Look up Image and likeness. It is not at all about "self-aware", it is about our physical makeup - we are a trichotomy made in the image of God - soul, spirit and body - yet we are one. God is made up of God the Father, God the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us - Jesus Christ - God the Holy Spirit - 1 x 1 x 1 =1 God is One. Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is One.

Delta, this news about you being awake at 3:18, 3:19 a.m. and thinking about us being made in the Image of God was a delight to read about! You have made my night! God is answering my prayers for you! I am so excited! Now do what UlysesS said, get a bible and read John 1 and keep reading the whole book over and over and you are going to get the revelation of who God is! I am so happy for you thinking about this! You just amazed me with this thread!

I can live with that.....however, I think there are other ways we differ from the rest of creation......a capacity to understand beauty.....a sense of humor......a sense of justice.....a sense of compassion and empathy......a desire to create.....

Don't forget a conscience! We know right from wrong! We know it in our hearts!

- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

The cherubim are described explicitly in Ezekiel Chapter One:

EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1

Oh, by the way, satan (I don't capitalize any of his names) was a cherub. He was NOT—as some ministers are wont to do in their describing him—an archangel.

satan the anointed cherub, Ezekiel 28:12-19

One of the beautiful things often overlooked about the Book of Ezekiel is that it details the classification, the stratification of angelic beings, both heavenly and fallen. :thup:

- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

An does any one wonder why the dumbing down of America continues? The primitive could be forgiven for believing in that primitive magical thinking, but today? :uhoh3:

- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1

Oh, by the way, satan (I don't capitalize any of his names) was a cherub. He was NOT—as some ministers are wont to do in their describing him—an archangel.

One of the beautiful things often overlooked about the Book of Ezekiel is that it details the classification, the stratification of angelic beings, both heavenly and fallen. :thup:

How about those unicorns? :cuckoo:

job 39:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

Last edited by a moderator:

EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1

How about those unicorns? :cuckoo:

job 39:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

Damn, guno, you are PATHETIC, son.

Can you make as much as ONE SINGLE POST that isn't demonizing those who don't subscribe to your angry, virulently shallow worldview? :lol:

I guess you're impressed with yourself. Maybe at least that can give you some semblance of being happy.

Whatever works for you, little man. Whatever works. :thup:

Last edited by a moderator:
- Bereishit 1 (Genesis)

The Seraphim are angelic dragons...

Last edited:
Delta, you have a great mind. I have said before, if you are here when the 144k are chosen, you will be a great preacher.

God was not talking to angels, He was talking to The Son and the Holy Spirit. I know you have a Bible Delta, open your mind up a little and read John chapter 1.

On a side note, you are someone I would like to meet in person just to discuss religion, you know how it is, the more information you can gather, the farther along you can get.

if Delta is saved, a born again Christian, he will not be here- he will be in Heaven, immediately after he dies or is living and raptured with all Believer's (the Church).

Some commentaries suggest that man was first "made" in God's image...

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(Genesis 1:26)

...and then formed from the dust of the earth.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(Genesis 2:7)

Regardless. God made man as a complete human being, distinct from any other beast of the field. God makes this clear in Genesis 2.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
(Genesis 2:18)

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
(Genesis 2:20)

Adam was not a primate or he would have found a primate for a wife.

As to the "image" and nature of God. The scripture tells us that God is spirit.

God is a Spirit
: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(John 4:24)

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
(John 14:9)

The real "you" is a spirit. You have a soul, and you live in a body. The choice that you make regarding accepting or rejecting Yashua as Messiah will determine your eternal destiny.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:2)

if Delta is saved, a born again Christian, he will not be here- he will be in Heaven, immediately after he dies or is living and raptured with all Believer's (the Church).

Ok, Delta is Jewish, I believe, most orthodox Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, thus will not be raptured(that is a different discussion), those that are called in the last days, to number the 144k will be Jewish, a remnant, of Israel.

Another different discussion is dying and going directly to Heaven.

Just a quick thought here to ponder. If one reads the Bible or the Torah where does son of man fit in there? The host of heaven were complete prior to Adam=human being form from the dust. Jesus came as son of man to lead and guide human to be a second human born of the spirit, so seems to me as humans= first adam is that there son of man the word speaks about.

Forum List

Back