Genius Scientist Stephen Hawking declares that the universe created itself...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God

I'm glad he just came out and said it, the universe created itself, because once it is said, it is obvious how stupid that sounds.

But here is a man who has devoted his life to science, but rather than accept the possibility that a force outside the known universe created the universe, he chooses instead to believe in something impossible, that the universe created itself through the law of gravity.

But even if the law of gravity caused THIS universe to spontanously come in being, that doesn't solve Hawking's problem -- where did the law of gravity come from, and all the matter that went into this formation of the universe, where did that come from?

Scientists are not theologians, and it smacks of unprofessionalism when they attempt to answer questions of religion for which they have no training or diplomas.

It's just a matter of words

some call it Universe

some call it Energy

some call it whatever

I call It OUR FATHER

GOD.

But even if the law of gravity caused THIS universe to spontanously come in being, that doesn't solve Hawking's problem -- where did the law of gravity come from, and all the matter that went into this formation of the universe, where did that come from?
I don't know. Let's invent a god in order to explain it, what do you reckon?

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant physicist, but he overestimates his influence if he thinks people will believe him on religious issues.

Lets see. Who should I choose to believe. Steven Hawking, who is world renowned, or you, a crazy rwnj keyboard warrior.
Such a hard decision. Can I call a friend?

I don't know. Let's invent a god in order to explain it, what do you reckon?
My belief in God is based on the logical conclusion that this universe did not create itself, but must have been created by something outside the universe.

Logic only takes you that far. Were it not for the revelations of the Bible, I would believe in an impersonal God, who created the universe and then walked away, who was indiffferent to mankind and all our struggles. The facts seem to fit that model of God, but the Bible says otherwise.

My belief in God is based on the logical conclusion that this universe did not create itself, but must have been created by something outside the universe.
You are defining belief as knowledge.

edited...Not to mention inventing a god to explain things of which you are ignorant.

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant physicist, but he overestimates his influence if he thinks people will believe him on religious issues.
Of course they won't believe him on religious issues. Religion is faith not science. It is when you blur that distinction you run into problems.

Lets see. Who should I choose to believe. Steven Hawking, who is world renowned, or you, a crazy rwnj keyboard warrior.
You don't have to believe me, just think it out for yourself.

How did the universe get here?

There are three theories:

1) An outside force created the universe, i.e. God;

2) The universe created itself, and is itself God, i.e. pantheism;

or,

3) The universe was always here, it has no beginning and will have no end.

Of these three theories, I find the first most probable.

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God

I'm glad he just came out and said it, the universe created itself, because once it is said, it is obvious how stupid that sounds.

But here is a man who has devoted his life to science, but rather than accept the possibility that a force outside the known universe created the universe, he chooses instead to believe in something impossible, that the universe created itself through the law of gravity.

Scientists are not theologians, and it smacks of unprofessionalism when they attempt to answer questions of religion for which they have no training or diplomas.
He needs to get paid occasionally so he can hire someone to wipe his ass.

You are calling belief, knowledge.
Exactly...because it leads to the inevitable question...who created God?
No one created God. He is the necessary being. That is what he meant when he told Moses, "I am who am."

You don't have to believe me, just think it out for yourself.

How did the universe get here?

There are three theories:

1) An outside force created the universe, i.e. God;

2) The universe created itself, and is itself God, i.e. pantheism;

or,

3) The universe was always here, it has no beginning and will have no end.

Of these three theories, I find the first most probable.
Where did God come from?

You are calling belief, knowledge.
Exactly...because it leads to the inevitable question...who created God?
No one created God. He is the necessary being. That is what he meant when he told Moses, "I am who am."
If God created himself why can't the universe?

Forum List

Back