Genius Scientist Stephen Hawking declares that the universe created itself...

The possibility of a mind outside the universe is one that science cannot prove or disprove.

Scientists who disbelieve in a God who created the universe have no alternative theories that are intellectually viable.

Atheism is a logical dead end, it can't really hold water if you think about it long enough.

Lets see. Who should I choose to believe. Steven Hawking, who is world renowned, or you, a crazy rwnj keyboard warrior.
Such a hard decision. Can I call a friend?
You don't have to believe me, just think it out for yourself.

How did the universe get here?

There are three theories:

1) An outside force created the universe, i.e. God;

2) The universe created itself, and is itself God, i.e. pantheism;

or,

3) The universe was always here, it has no beginning and will have no end.

Of these three theories, I find the first most probable.

Great, and who created God?

My belief in God is based on the logical conclusion that this universe did not create itself, but must have been created by something outside the universe.
You are calling belief, knowledge.
Exactly...because it leads to the inevitable question...who created God?
No one created God. He is the necessary being. That is what he meant when he told Moses, "I am who am."
If God created himself why can't the universe?
God didn't create himself, he was always there, but there is no time where he is, and no space. He is the necessary being, without him, nothing else would be possible.

My belief in God is based on the logical conclusion that this universe did not create itself, but must have been created by something outside the universe.
No one created God. He is the necessary being. That is what he meant when he told Moses, "I am who am."
I see circles....circles everywhere.

Lets see. Who should I choose to believe. Steven Hawking, who is world renowned, or you, a crazy rwnj keyboard warrior.

or,

Nobody

HE Never Was Born

He Will Never Die.

or,

No one created God, he is the necessary being.

If there was a being who created God, that being would be God, and the created being would be something less than God.

God didn't create himself, he was always there, but there is no time where he is, and no space. He is the necessary being, without him, nothing else would be possible.
That is a matter of faith right?

It is a bit hypocritical to criticize Hawking when you believe almost the same thing...just replace universe with goD.

Scientists who disbelieve in a God who created the universe have no alternative theories that are intellectually viable.
By 'intellectually viable' you mean 'can be accepted by a dumb fuck.'

I see circles....circles everywhere.
Teseracts...even

A universe cannot create itself out of nothing, that much is clear.

What Hawking is saying is that our universe spontaneously came into existence due to the law of gravity acting against matter.

But Hawking fails to mention that the law of gravity would somehow have to be created, and so would the matter.

A universe cannot create itself out of nothing, that much is clear.

What Hawking is saying is that our universe spontaneously came into existence due to the law of gravity acting against matter.

But Hawking fails to mention that the law of gravity would somehow have to be created, and so would the matter.
And so would goD.

Eternal is not the same as forever. Forever implies the march of time and space. Eternal is a lack of time and space. God is, and always was, and always will be. But to God, there is only here and now. He sees our universe, but the boundaries of time and space are applicable to our universe, having no meaning outside of it.

Forum List

Back