George Santos of NY - Newly Elected Republican Fraudster

He has a laundry list of issues, and maybe he can wiggle his way out. But, if this holds up, the question becomes "How does someone this dumb get elected in the first place?"

Where does he come off thinking his background is going to go unchecked, such a check being called political by his lawyer. This one's gonna be real interesting.
I don't think it is a dumb or not thing...

It is a total lack of morals... It now turns out that the GOP leadership knew the truth about this guy.

If GOP want the moral high ground they will run every ethics violation threw him..

They won't and that should reflect on them...

I don't think it is a dumb or not thing...

It is a total lack of morals... It now turns out that the GOP leadership knew the truth about this guy.

If GOP want the moral high ground they will run every ethics violation threw him..

They won't and that should reflect on them...
he should have claimed he was an indian....then democrats would have been forced to keep their mouths shut

Those of you hyperventilating over a politician lying should just shut the hell up. When democrats are caught lying we're told "They all lie". Okay, here's one who is honest enough to admit it. Good for him.

Those of you hyperventilating over a politician lying should just shut the hell up. When democrats are caught lying we're told "They all lie". Okay, here's one who is honest enough to admit it. Good for him.
Don't worry... GOP is going for a new low in honesty, it is hard work ... MAGA has set the bar real low..

There's stretching the truth, which all politicians do.
There's being too short-sighted to verify your family legend before you start putting "American Indian" on your registration forms.
And then there's multiple cases of apparent large-scale fraud.

This guy lied about just about everything, in order to get elected. He lied and said he went to college in places he did not. He lied and said he worked at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, when he was actually a customer service rep at, I think, a cable TV place. He lied about his grandparents being Jewish Holocaust survivors. He lied that he had employees killed at the Pulse Nightclub shooting. There are questions about where his money came from: He hasn't explained the 700 grand he came up with at the same time he was defaulting on other debts. We don't even know for sure where he was born; he might actually be from Brazil—where, by the way, he is currently being investigated for stealing some old man's checks.

Congress should refuse to seat him until he is investigated. I would hope some LEO organization or another would consider arresting him for fraud. I wouldn't mind seeing him locked up or, if applicable, deported. However, I don't think any of this will happen, because Kevin McCarthy desperately needs to keep his House majority, not to mention Speakership votes.

There's stretching the truth, which all politicians do.
There's being too short-sighted to verify your family legend before you start putting "American Indian" on your registration forms.
And then there's multiple cases of apparent large-scale fraud.

This guy lied about just about everything, in order to get elected. He lied and said he went to college in places he did not. He lied and said he worked at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, when he was actually a customer service rep at, I think, a cable TV place. He lied about his grandparents being Jewish Holocaust survivors. He lied that he had employees killed at the Pulse Nightclub shooting. There are questions about where his money came from: He hasn't explained the 700 grand he came up with at the same time he was defaulting on other debts. We don't even know for sure where he was born; he might actually be from Brazil—where, by the way, he is currently being investigated for stealing some old man's checks.

Congress should refuse to seat him until he is investigated. I would hope some LEO organization or another would consider arresting him for fraud. I wouldn't mind seeing him locked up or, if applicable, deported. However, I don't think any of this will happen, because Kevin McCarthy desperately needs to keep his House majority, not to mention Speakership votes.
Why didn't Senator Blumenthal resign?

A politician lied? It must be Wednesday.
F30B322B-A8EC-4407-9AE4-F328DDE5FA3C.jpeg

... Biden...
Returning to the thread's topic,

Republican phony George Santos's next scam may be counterfeit Trump cards. The cheesy, childish tchotchkes should be cheap and easy to replicate.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 9.03.31 AM.png

Own a prestigious
HOUSE OF TRUMP CARDS
and watch it collapse!

mvlNVu.gif

That's because leftwing hypocrisy is rampant.
You should initiate a thread regarding your alternate topic.

This fraud's scamming the electorate is a stark testament to the shoddiness of the electoral process. Federal and state party quality control could have easily exposed his multiple lies. A simple check with DegreeVerify would have revealed his academic misrepresentations, and there are similarly easy means of verification regarding business background, familial history, etc. Whoever his opponent was should sue his opposition researchers.

His next venture could be on HBO.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 9.45.45 AM.png

Why didn't Senator Blumenthal resign?
If he lied about multiple subjects on multiple occasions with the intent of getting elected, and never sought to correct or clarify those statements until he was caught, perhaps he should have.

He is closely aligned with Trump, and like anything associated with Trump, you can just expect to hear of some criminality. Turns out this guy won the Long Island district usually held by a Democrat, and that his personal story seems to be largely made up.

In 2008, when Santos was 19, he stole the checkbook of a man his mother was caring for, according to Brazilian court records uncovered by the Times. Police and court records show that Santos used the checkbook to make fraudulent purchases, including a pair of shoes. Two years later, Santos confessed to the crime and was later charged.

The court and local prosecutor in Brazil confirmed the case remains unresolved. Santos did not respond to an official summons, and a court representative could not find him at his given address, records show.

That period in Brazil overlapped with when Santos said he was attending Baruch College, where he has said he was awarded a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance. But Baruch College said it was unable to find records of Santos — using multiple variations of his first, middle and last names — having graduated in 2010, as he has claimed.

A biography of Santos on the website of the National Republican Congressional Committee, which is the House Republicans’ campaign arm, also includes a stint at New York University. The claim is not repeated elsewhere, and an NYU spokesperson found no attendance records matching his name and birth date.

After he said he graduated from college, Santos began working at Citigroup, eventually becoming “an associate asset manager” in the company’s real estate division, according to a version of his biography that was on his campaign site as recently as April.

A spokesperson for Citigroup, Danielle Romero-Apsilos, said the company could not confirm Santos’ employment. She also said she was unfamiliar with Santos’ self-described job title and noted that Citi had sold off its asset management operations in 2005.

He did the same things as Elizabeth Warren, she is still serving

Forum List

Back