George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

And before the partisan bullshit starts, I also lambasted Hillary for this.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
They all do it and it is wrong. Difference is W isn't running.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online

WOW!

I guarantee you the CLINTONS ARE PISSED!

Undercutting the market like that. Bubba would have stuck'em for 15 times that.

I can't imagine why a veterans organization would pay draft dodger Bill Clinton to speak. If they did, I would lose confidence in the leadership of the organization.

Seriously. ESPECIALLY vets. Especially vets injured in a war he started.

They all do it and it is wrong. Difference is W isn't running.

"Running" is irrelevant. The difference is, he's the reason they're injured in the first place.

That's like me burning your house down and you've got no place to live, so the town gets a charity event together and I offer to show up there --- for a substantial fee. It adds insult to injury.

As the article illustrates:
'You sent me to war, I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face,' raged former Marine Eddie Wright on ABC News.

Wright lost both hands in Fallujah, Iraq, in 2004 after being hit by a rocket.
Also further down the page, this is interesting:

former president Clinton, and his predecessor George H W Bush, both claim they have never charged a charity.​

I heard someone else attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that started the war. Did you miss it?

ROFLMNAO! Now isn't that Precious...

The same people that spent 8 years undermining the means of those troops to fight their enemies, are here to inform the Reader of their deep concern for the injuries that they caused those men by promoting the interests of their enemy.

ADORABLE!

I heard someone else attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that started the war. Did you miss it?

That had squatso to do with Iraq. Did you miss that?

What did that have to do with Iraq? Or did you miss that point?

The same people that spent 8 years undermining the means of those troops to fight their enemies, are here to inform the Reader of their deep concern for the injuries that they caused those men by promoting the interests of their enemy.

ADORABLE!

Hi sweetie. So I gather you cute little cuddly self supports charging $100,000 to speak at a veterans fundraiser? Now ain't that just adorable :)

ROFL!

It had to do with Iraq having been a long time proponent and chronic user of Islamic Terrorists as proxy fighters... and Iraq's propensity to attack the United States, her interests and allies, by whatever means possible.

And Iraq's refusal to bring itself into compliance, despite 18 months of intense diplomatic efforts to do so.

Hi sweetie. So I gather you cute little cuddly self supports charging $100,000 to speak at a veterans fundraiser? Now ain't that just adorable :)

Try to remain focused shug... you're hallucinatin' again.

But how sweet is it to see Moderators trolling and flaming threads.

Bush only took the advice of these and a few dozen other leading Democrats. He got approval from Congress and the UN declared Iraq in material breach of the previous cease fire.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

That had squatso to do with Iraq. Did you miss that?

See post #36

Bush only took the advice of these and a few dozen other leading Democrats. He got approval from Congress and the UN declared Iraq in material breach of the previous cease fire.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

He started the war in Iraq.

He's responsible for it.

He certainly shouldn't be charging 100k speaking fees for veterans of his war-of-choice.

ADORABLE!

Especially since he ...

1560532_717942721632118_4487008754947974617_n_zpsf64ac59b.jpg

That's allllllll moot here. Kerry, Rockefeller and Clinton didn't charge 100,000 bucks to show up at a veterans charity. Moreover they weren't "The Decider". Bush was. And did.

There's no way in the world to justify that. None. Zero.

Forum List

Back