George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

"The Washington Post obtained university records showing that the University of Missouri at Kansas City passed up Hillary Clinton’s $275,000 speaking price tag for a gala luncheon last February celebrating the opening of a women’s hall of fame. Instead, it offered an hour-long gig to Chelsea Clinton, for a mere $65,000."

100K for such an event is nothing.

And what war did Chelsea Clinton start? The War on Women??

And before the partisan bullshit starts, I also lambasted Hillary for this.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online

Seriously. ESPECIALLY vets. Especially vets injured in a war he started.

I heard someone else attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that started the war. Did you miss it?

What did that have to do with Iraq? Or did you miss that point?

Bush only took the advice of these and a few dozen other leading Democrats. He got approval from Congress and the UN declared Iraq in material breach of the previous cease fire.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

He started the war in Iraq.

He's responsible for it.

He certainly shouldn't be charging 100k speaking fees for veterans of his war-of-choice.

ANd its not like he needs it.

What with his family's long friendship with Arab oil sheiks and the bin Laden's, they don't need to bilk our vets for more than they've already taken from them.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
Can you name the charity?

I've been reading about it since you posted the OP.......I'm glad Bush charged them because they have had several complaints from veterans and a criminal complaint was filed last year...yet the Better Business B says they've received no complaints....and I see nothing but complaints in the news.

This is typical Clinton bullshit. They get caught red-handed doing something....and all of the sudden unsubstantiated stories show up in the news about somebody else doing something similar. The jury is out on this one whether it's even true .
Links:
Ex-prosecutor vets file complaint questioning Helping A Hero s spending - Houston Chronicle
Charity Review of Helping A Hero
http://abc13.com/archive/9494941/

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News

He certainly shouldn't be charging 100k speaking fees for veterans of his war-of-choice.
:iagree: ….should have never charged a penny for fundraiser appearance for wounded veterans regardless of who started it.

Can you name the charity?

I've been reading about it since you posted the OP.......I'm glad Bush charged them because they have had several complaints from veterans and a criminal complaint was filed last year...yet the Better Business B says they've received no complaints....and I see nothing but complaints in the news.

This is typical Clinton bullshit. They get caught red-handed doing something....and all of the sudden unsubstantiated stories show up in the news about somebody else doing something similar. The jury is out on this one whether it's even true .
Links:
Ex-prosecutor vets file complaint questioning Helping A Hero s spending - Houston Chronicle
Charity Review of Helping A Hero
http://abc13.com/archive/9494941/

Whelp --- the brazen sycophancy didn't work, the new plan is to demonize the charity. Based on, of course, "stuff I see on the 'news'".

I guess the logic is, it's OK to charge a charity if "something I heard somewhere" indicates the charity is crooked.

Kind of fitting for the Bush Crime Family....

ABC is reporting it today per the sourcing.
I'm sure they are. Do you suppose they'll cover the Clinton 400k appearances?

I won't hold my breath
I don't believe the Clinton's ever charged wounded soldiers. Do you have cites that they did?
No, just our kids colleges.
Oh, so no one lost body parts?
Being a greedy prick matters not from whom you fleece. Don't be a partisan wack

ABC is reporting it today per the sourcing.
I'm sure they are. Do you suppose they'll cover the Clinton 400k appearances?

I won't hold my breath
I don't believe the Clinton's ever charged wounded soldiers. Do you have cites that they did?
No, just our kids colleges.
Oh, so no one lost body parts?
Being a greedy prick matters not from whom you fleece. Don't be a partisan wack

Ironic post is ironical. It sure the fuck DOES matter when it's an event for wounded vets who were only wounded because they went to fight your bullshit war.

Forum List

Back