George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

ABC is reporting it today per the sourcing.
I'm sure they are. Do you suppose they'll cover the Clinton 400k appearances?

I won't hold my breath

I don't believe the Clinton's ever charged wounded soldiers. Do you have cites that they did?

Slick did charge a charity $250,000 to appear. His speaking fee accounted for most of the money they raised.
So if the charity counted it as money raised they must have donated their fees. Big difference from what George and Laura did.

Slick didn't donate his fees, numskull.

And before the partisan bullshit starts, I also lambasted Hillary for this.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
They all do it and it is wrong. Difference is W isn't running.

"Running" is irrelevant. The difference is, he's the reason they're injured in the first place.

That's like me burning your house down and you've got no place to live, so the town gets a charity event together and I offer to show up there --- for a substantial fee. It adds insult to injury.

As the article illustrates:
'You sent me to war, I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face,' raged former Marine Eddie Wright on ABC News.

Wright lost both hands in Fallujah, Iraq, in 2004 after being hit by a rocket.
Also further down the page, this is interesting:

former president Clinton, and his predecessor George H W Bush, both claim they have never charged a charity.​
Retard, the terrorist scum who attacked us are responsible. Retarded commie.

He means a thread was started on the same thing minutes before yours. To him that's "old news", especially since it's news he wishes would go away.

This happened 3 years ago.
Bush raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for wounded vets.

He raised way more money than the fee he charged.
Great excuse! how many prosthetic arms and legs do you think his fees would have bought?
Are you sure this isn't about the 100k bike ride for wounded vets and some idiot just misunderstood it.

I mean they got this off Facebook. And it happened 3 years ago.

He means a thread was started on the same thing minutes before yours. To him that's "old news", especially since it's news he wishes would go away.

Great excuse! how many prosthetic arms and legs do you think his fees would have bought?
Just quit with the fake outrage. You look ridiculous
Fake outrage? I promise you I am genuinely outraged by this.

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.
So?

I don't give a fuck. I'm not a Bush fan, I'm just here to mock morons.

A liberal policy gets a California woman murdered. Libs defend

Bush takes some questionable money. Libs go nuts

You guys are a hoot

Liar

I won't hold my breath

I don't believe the Clinton's ever charged wounded soldiers. Do you have cites that they did?

Slick did charge a charity $250,000 to appear. His speaking fee accounted for most of the money they raised.
So if the charity counted it as money raised they must have donated their fees. Big difference from what George and Laura did.

Well numbskull I suggest you stay away from making claims that the charity said it accounted for most of the money they raised.

I won't hold my breath
No, just our kids colleges.
Oh, so no one lost body parts?
Being a greedy prick matters not from whom you fleece. Don't be a partisan wack
So...fleecing vets is the same as fleecing colleges or businesses to you? Ok. Now that we've established that.............

I won't hold my breath

Ironic post is ironical. It sure the fuck DOES matter when it's an event for wounded vets who were only wounded because they went to fight your bullshit war.
Gramps doesn't see it as something that matters. He said so.

I won't hold my breath
So...fleecing vets is the same as fleecing colleges or businesses to you? Ok. Now that we've established that.............
If it is true yes it is exactly the same. IF

Liar

Yeah throw those insults all you want, nothing makes it right that a president who ordered soldiers into war makes bucks off their wounds.

That's something, I'm sure, their committee considered when booking the event.
But I'm sure they appreciate your concern

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.
So?

You guys are a hoot

Fuck you asshole. I posted nothing about "a California woman". Dipshit.

And where's your link?

Fucking moron.

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News

Ironic post is ironical. It sure the fuck DOES matter when it's an event for wounded vets who were only wounded because they went to fight your bullshit war.
Pogo thinks it was my war. He said so

I think we know who the stupid fucks are

Link?

So?

You guys are a hoot

Fuck you asshole. I posted nothing about "a California woman". Dipshit.

And where's your link?

Fucking moron.
Hit a nerve?
GOOD

Pogo thinks it was my war. He said so

I think we know who the stupid fucks are

Again ---- LINK?

No. Nothing. Fucking LIAR.

I won't hold my breath

Well numbskull I suggest you stay away from making claims that the charity said it accounted for most of the money they raised.

Sorry I worded that so you could deliberately misinterpret it.

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
The former president was also flown from Dallas to Houston by private jet and provided accommodation, which added $70,000 to Helping A Hero's bill, the charity told ABC News.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Forum List

Back