George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

ABC is reporting it today per the sourcing.

He means a thread was started on the same thing minutes before yours. To him that's "old news", especially since it's news he wishes would go away.

This happened 3 years ago.
Bush raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for wounded vets.

He raised way more money than the fee he charged.
Great excuse! how many prosthetic arms and legs do you think his fees would have bought?
Just quit with the fake outrage. You look ridiculous
Fake outrage? I promise you I am genuinely outraged by this.
I don't think it's true. I think they are using the 100k bike ride where he and wounded vets rode bikes for 100 kilometers and they fudged the story because of the Clinton's speaking fees being in the spot light.

And then someone like you comes along and posts it like it's true.

ABC is reporting it today per the sourcing.

He means a thread was started on the same thing minutes before yours. To him that's "old news", especially since it's news he wishes would go away.

Great excuse! how many prosthetic arms and legs do you think his fees would have bought?
I am as outraged as those NFL teams that charged the military for those military appreciation days. Disgusting.

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.
To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
The former president was also flown from Dallas to Houston by private jet and provided accommodation, which added $70,000 to Helping A Hero's bill, the charity told ABC News.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
It's not true. They use the words "reportedly". That's a tell.

It's a lie.

I don't think it's true. I think they are using the 100k bike ride where he and wounded vets rode bikes for 100 kilometers and they fudged the story because of the Clinton's speaking fees being in the spot light.

And then someone like you comes along and posts it like it's true.
I'm just repeating as reported by responsible news organizations.

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.
So?

I don't give a fuck. I'm not a Bush fan, I'm just here to mock morons.

A liberal policy gets a California woman murdered. Libs defend

Bush takes some questionable money. Libs go nuts

You guys are a hoot
Yes. We can see that.

Oh, so no one lost body parts?
Being a greedy prick matters not from whom you fleece. Don't be a partisan wack

Ironic post is ironical. It sure the fuck DOES matter when it's an event for wounded vets who were only wounded because they went to fight your bullshit war.
Gramps doesn't see it as something that matters. He said so.
Pogo thinks it was my war. He said so

I think we know who the stupid fucks are

Again ---- LINK?

No. Nothing. Fucking LIAR.
Liar about what?

PS. Check your panties. You seem to be getting quite worked up

I don't believe the Clinton's ever charged wounded soldiers. Do you have cites that they did?

Slick did charge a charity $250,000 to appear. His speaking fee accounted for most of the money they raised.
So if the charity counted it as money raised they must have donated their fees. Big difference from what George and Laura did.

Slick didn't donate his fees, numskull.
Well numbskull I suggest you stay away from making claims that the charity said it accounted for most of the money they raised.

Sorry I worded that so you could deliberately misinterpret it.
Lying to make points is not appreciated.

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most.

So?

I don't give a fuck. I'm not a Bush fan, I'm just here to mock morons.

A liberal policy gets a California woman murdered. Libs defend

Bush takes some questionable money. Libs go nuts

You guys are a hoot
Yes. We can see that.
I'm glad you're in my fan club bodecea. It wouldn't be the same without you

You might want to check the calendar, Gramps. We are now living in 2015, not 1974.

You cite Liberal infractions of ethics all the time. And that's fine.

But do you really think that former President Bush's fees and expenditures while engaged with a charity for the wounded veterans he sent to war is a noble and appropriate way to behave?

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

The former president was also flown from Dallas to Houston by private jet and provided accommodation, which added $70,000 to Helping A Hero's bill, the charity told ABC News.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
OK

I read more

Did you read this sentence?

Their IRS form shows the charity raised $2,450,000 after expenses. In 2013, they made $1,000,000

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
so getting paid to speak is bad, but everything else he does for Vets is ignored.

you are truly a useless person

Liar

Yeah throw those insults all you want, nothing makes it right that a president who ordered soldiers into war makes bucks off their wounds.
yeah Grampa Murked U stop being a hack for one day whydoncha?

Link?

Marvelous. That's the one where Laura charged $50,000.

Seventy thousand to get from Dullass to Houston and a hotel -- for a charity?? What the fuck is wrong with this picture. And again -- for vets wounded by a bullshit war that HE started. He should be working for these charities, full time, FREE, for the rest of his life.

Isn't Politico the media outlet that wants all whites killed?

Yes. That's the one.

No, just our kids colleges.
Oh, so no one lost body parts?
Being a greedy prick matters not from whom you fleece. Don't be a partisan wack

Ironic post is ironical. It sure the fuck DOES matter when it's an event for wounded vets who were only wounded because they went to fight your bullshit war.
Gramps doesn't see it as something that matters. He said so.
Pogo thinks it was my war. He said so

I think we know who the stupid fucks are
Tell us more about how you don't care about fleecing the wounded vets.

Link?

You left this part out.

"According to the charity’s yearly reports to the IRS, it raised about $2,450,000, after expenses, from the 2012 gala where President Bush spoke. The following year, the gala netted the charity substantially less, about $1,000,000."

Link?

OK

I read more

Did you read this sentence?
Their IRS form shows the charity raised $2,450,000 after expenses. In 2013, they made $1,000,000

It means they would have made substantially more if Bush had not prospered from bloody hands.

You might want to check the calendar, Gramps. We are now living in 2015, not 1974.

You cite Liberal infractions of ethics all the time. And that's fine.

But do you really think that former President Bush's fees and expenditures while engaged with a charity for the wounded veterans he sent to war is a noble and appropriate way to behave?
No I do not.

I also don't think the attention it gets from posters here is admirable when we face other SERIOUS issues.
If Bush fucked over a vet charity the vets will be the first to take him to task for it.

Forum List

Back