George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.
To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
The former president was also flown from Dallas to Houston by private jet and provided accommodation, which added $70,000 to Helping A Hero's bill, the charity told ABC News.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
OK

I read more

Did you read this sentence?
Their IRS form shows the charity raised $2,450,000 after expenses. In 2013, they made $1,000,000

It means they would have made substantially more if Bush had not prospered from bloody hands.

Odd, they didn't feel that way.

"The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012."
And what exactly were you expecting the charity itself to say about how they spent their money?

The former president was also flown from Dallas to Houston by private jet and provided accommodation, which added $70,000 to Helping A Hero's bill, the charity told ABC News.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
OK

I read more

Their IRS form shows the charity raised $2,450,000 after expenses. In 2013, they made $1,000,000

It means they would have made substantially more if Bush had not prospered from bloody hands.
Substantially more?

Less than 5%??
:lol:
$170,000 is substantial and laughing at the wounded military in this country is not a laughing matter.
No wounded warriors is not a laughing matter but you are, especially when bush raised 2 1/2 million dollars for the wounded warriors.

When bush didn't speak they only raised 1 million. And I would be he gives it back.

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol
You might want to check the calendar, Gramps. We are now living in 2015, not 1974.

You cite Liberal infractions of ethics all the time. And that's fine.

But do you really think that former President Bush's fees and expenditures while engaged with a charity for the wounded veterans he sent to war is a noble and appropriate way to behave?
He doesn't care, remember.
I don't. This kind of shit will sort itself out. I care as much as I did when I posted in all of the Bill Clinton charged X amount of money to appear threads.
Oh wait, I didn't post in those threads. I must not have cared then either.
That's the difference with you nuts. You think there is a degree of fleecing others that is acceptable based on who's doing it or who they're doing it too.
The first thread on this subject I posted that it was a shitty deal. You don't care about that fact or the fact that it came from vets.

YOU JUST WANT TO BITCH BECAUSE YOU ARE A BITCH
And now, you are getting defensive. Odd for someone who doesn't care, eh?

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
so getting paid to speak is bad, but everything else he does for Vets is ignored.

you are truly a useless person
I think George is wealthy enough without depriving wounded warriors from needed care so he can fill his own pockets.

How wealthy is "wealthy enough", leech?

Check out the charities and causes he supports.
George W. Bush Charity Work Causes - Look to the Stars

Chances are he's already donated more to Vets than this 100k you're crying over

Funny thing is liberals spit on our soldiers & call them baby killers. Suddenly their offended lol
We do not. That is a lie. And many of us liberals ARE soldiers and sailors. You served when? What service?
I served YOU in this liberal circle jerk thread.
In service of putting shit into perspective.

So...you are not a vet and yet you show your disdain for vets. Yes, we know that's the true position of RWrs like yourself. Thank you for clearly confirming it.

And as far as general statements goes --- wave bye-bye to that tired old meme that "conservatives give more to charity" ---- after they get paid for doing so it would appear. :rofl:

Ethics -- a lost art.
They raised over 2 1/2 million dollars for charity having bush there.

And bush wasn't the only one that sent them to Iraq. Hillary voted to send them there too.

Bush was the guy behind the desk that has a plaque "the buck stops here" and that 21/2 million wasn't raised by Bush alone.

OK

I read more

"The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012."
And what exactly were you expecting the charity itself to say about how they spent their money?
Why did the charity ask bush to speak? Because he raised a ton of money.

They didn't ask Hillary did they.

OK

I read more

Substantially more?

Less than 5%??
:lol:
$170,000 is substantial and laughing at the wounded military in this country is not a laughing matter.
No wounded warriors is not a laughing matter but you are, especially when bush raised 2 1/2 million dollars for the wounded warriors.

When bush didn't speak they only raised 1 million. And I would be he gives it back.

He should give it back, but it shouldn't take an exposé to force it.
Even easier -- he shouldn't be charging them in the first place. That's what a charity event means. It means nobody profits except the beneficiary.

You might want to check the calendar, Gramps. We are now living in 2015, not 1974.

You cite Liberal infractions of ethics all the time. And that's fine.

But do you really think that former President Bush's fees and expenditures while engaged with a charity for the wounded veterans he sent to war is a noble and appropriate way to behave?
He doesn't care, remember.
I don't. This kind of shit will sort itself out. I care as much as I did when I posted in all of the Bill Clinton charged X amount of money to appear threads.
Oh wait, I didn't post in those threads. I must not have cared then either.
That's the difference with you nuts. You think there is a degree of fleecing others that is acceptable based on who's doing it or who they're doing it too.
The first thread on this subject I posted that it was a shitty deal. You don't care about that fact or the fact that it came from vets.

YOU JUST WANT TO BITCH BECAUSE YOU ARE A BITCH
And now, you are getting defensive. Odd for someone who doesn't care, eh?
I was just waiting for the right opportunity to call you out. Now that it's done, so am i.

OK

I read more

Do you think they're lying?

or should I shorten that sentence?

Do you think?

OK

I read more

Do you think they're lying?

or should I shorten that sentence?

Do you think?
Do you honestly think the charity that PAID that kind of money would admit that they shouldn't have done so?

Shame of former President Bush...just shame on him.

We do not. That is a lie. And many of us liberals ARE soldiers and sailors. You served when? What service?

So...you are not a vet and yet you show your disdain for vets. Yes, we know that's the true position of RWrs like yourself. Thank you for clearly confirming it.

And as far as general statements goes --- wave bye-bye to that tired old meme that "conservatives give more to charity" ---- after they get paid for doing so it would appear. :rofl:

Ethics -- a lost art.

Unlike the Clinton, who take speaking fees from one charity and give it to another? (Their own)

Ethics -- a lost art.
They raised over 2 1/2 million dollars for charity having bush there.

And bush wasn't the only one that sent them to Iraq. Hillary voted to send them there too.

Did Hillary charge to show up? And was she "The Decider"?

OK

I read more

Why did the charity ask bush to speak? Because he raised a ton of money.

They didn't ask Hillary did they.

Ask Hillary?

They couldn't afford Hillary.

she doesnt' give special rates.

Link?

I've been involved in many a charity event, both as an organizer and participating talent, and I have yet to see anybody charge for their presence. Not a cent. Travel expenses at the most, that's it. "Reduced fees", my fucking ass. How arrogant is that?

The whole POINT of bringing a famous person or some kind of attraction is the presence of that focus attracts attention and therefore makes money. They DONATE their presence.

And this event was in Texas. You couldn't spend 100k on travel expenses if it had been in Antarctica.

OK

I read more

Oh didn't they now.

"You sent me to war, I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face,' raged former Marine Eddie Wright on ABC News.

Wright lost both hands in Fallujah, Iraq, in 2004 after being hit by a rocket.​

--- (first thread's OP link)

Link?

OK

I read more

The sourced article takes issue with the fee and says it wasn't discounted for other charges at the same time.

Ethics -- a lost art.

Unlike the Clinton, who take speaking fees from one charity and give it to another? (Their own)
That is also a shame....share a link with us, please.

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
so getting paid to speak is bad, but everything else he does for Vets is ignored.

you are truly a useless person
I think George is wealthy enough without depriving wounded warriors from needed care so he can fill his own pockets.

How wealthy is "wealthy enough", leech?

Check out the charities and causes he supports.
George W. Bush Charity Work Causes - Look to the Stars

Chances are he's already donated more to Vets than this 100k you're crying over
I'm not crying about anything. I'm outraged that a former Commander in Chief is profiting over wounded warriors.

OK

I read more

Oh didn't they now.

"You sent me to war, I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face,' raged former Marine Eddie Wright on ABC News.

Wright lost both hands in Fallujah, Iraq, in 2004 after being hit by a rocket.​

--- (first thread's OP link)

and the paragraph I linked t?

And before the partisan bullshit starts, I also lambasted Hillary for this.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
They all do it and it is wrong. Difference is W isn't running.

"Running" is irrelevant. The difference is, he's the reason they're injured in the first place.

That's like me burning your house down and you've got no place to live, so the town gets a charity event together and I offer to show up there --- for a substantial fee. It adds insult to injury.

As the article illustrates:
'You sent me to war, I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face,' raged former Marine Eddie Wright on ABC News.

Wright lost both hands in Fallujah, Iraq, in 2004 after being hit by a rocket.
Also further down the page, this is interesting:

former president Clinton, and his predecessor George H W Bush, both claim they have never charged a charity.​
Retard, the terrorist scum who attacked us are responsible. Retarded commie.

And what did they have to do with Iraq, cretinous sludge?
If you knew anything, more than you think. We went into Iraq because Saddam repeatedly violated UN sanctions. And the majority of dimwits including her itchiness Hillary voted to go also. Retarded lib shit for brains.

Forum List

Back